More than Meets the Eye

• 7 months later...
Just got the trophy in a game of Power Struggle. Beat other players by miles, while they're busy killing each other I'm succeeding at the actual goal of holding the node and only fighting when required. Worked a charm.

I'm gonna have to try that, I just hope that when I get online that there are enough peep's playing so I can join in... thanks for the Tip Jaxical :cool:

In the trophy guide, it says as long as u r the top scorer on ur team, winning or losing, it should pop up? I was the top scorer on my losing team 3 different times and it did not pop up. Am I missing something?:confused:

No it means as long as you are the top scorer overall out of all teams/players, it doesn't matter if your team wins or loses. But being the top scorer on just your team won't get the trophy if someone on the other team has more points.

FWIW I got this in deathmatch, which is a mode I totally suck at. Used the soldier and just spammed whirlwind attack. I think I was first a few times after in capture the node.

It's probably not even worth thinking you're going to get it until your levels are approaching 25 in any given class. You will be too overpowered.

No it means as long as you are the top scorer overall out of all teams/players, it doesn't matter if your team wins or loses. But being the top scorer on just your team won't get the trophy if someone on the other team has more points.

FWIW I got this in deathmatch, which is a mode I totally suck at. Used the soldier and just spammed whirlwind attack. I think I was first a few times after in capture the node.

It's probably not even worth thinking you're going to get it until your levels are approaching 25 in any given class. You will be too overpowered.

I was a level 3 scientist. Power Struggle +Scientist is a match made in MVP heaven.

Gotcha

I'm no hunter myself, but I did get the hang of each class character and there abilities by the time I got to lvl 20...lol

That makes sense... I'm closing in on lvl 25 with the soldier class, I should get the combined overall lvl 100 by weeks end :D

I was a level 3 scientist. Power Struggle +Scientist is a match made in MVP heaven.

Have mostly been playing death match and capture the node and scientist gets crushed in both of those (yes, I probably suck).

I will see if I can find a game in that mode. Still have about 5 levels left on scientist, have been gradually chipping away towards platinum.

Gotcha

I'm no hunter myself, but I did get the hang of each class character and there abilities by the time I got to lvl 20...lol

That makes sense... I'm closing in on lvl 25 with the soldier class, I should get the combined overall lvl 100 by weeks end :D

May see you online then, still have a few classes left to polish off for the platinum :applause:

Fun game, but I must admit I'm bored of the multiplayer. Took a break for a while, and platted a few other games, but I do want to finish this off. Cannot imagine the intestinal fortitude it would have taken to plat this before the permanent 5x XP:eek:

May see you online then, still have a few classes left to polish off for the platinum :applause:

Fun game, but I must admit I'm bored of the multiplayer. Took a break for a while, and platted a few other games, but I do want to finish this off. Cannot imagine the intestinal fortitude it would have taken to plat this before the permanent 5x XP:eek:

I could be wrong but I think we may have crossed paths before... were u playing WFC:TDM this past weekend? I know I'll be at it again this weekend!

Finally, after numerous attempts, I got it and the Platinum!! I used the Scientist, equipped with the Rifle & Shotgun. I flew around the area shootin enemies from above. when a single enemy was located I would drop down from behind, Melee then open fire with the shotgun. Even tho I was on the losing team, I had the most Kills and the Trophy Popped!! Hope this helps other's.... :D

Finally, after numerous attempts, I got it and the Platinum!! I used the Scientist, equipped with the Rifle & Shotgun. I flew around the area shootin enemies from above. when a single enemy was located I would drop down from behind, Melee then open fire with the shotgun. Even tho I was on the losing team, I had the most Kills and the Trophy Popped!! Hope this helps other's.... :D

Congrats, glad it worked out for you in the end.^^

Thanks Batumba

I should mention this too: Since the scientist has 3 bars of health, I had to be quick and fly away from heavy fire, after every kill, to the nearest area with an energon cube. the Map I was playing in was the Gorge (think that's what it's called). Swooping down and getting the over-sized shield for extra protection helped out too. U also want to keep in mind that in Jet mode u only have about a dozen or less rockets so after u run out of amo, knowing where the amo locations in that map are a big plus too :D

• 2 months later...

I tried on Power Struggle as a Scientist (took a while to find anyone in there...Had to sit there for over 2 hours...it's light out now...lol). I played a match and was sure I got it, but apparently, my team mate had 2 points more than me...so I went again and got it by a mile without any struggle...it did help that the other players weren't really good...but then again, the only people that seem to go on Power Struggle are those looking to get More Than Meets The Eye...:p

• 1 month later...