Is MP xp progression near as fast as War For Cybertron 5x xp?

I've bought the 2 games together and started War For Cybertron last week. Finished the MP just after 6 days.

I'm aware that the game was set to give you 5x xp forever to ease the very slow grinding it was before, which I can't imagine how really slow and painful it was to level up before.

So I'm just about to start this one and I'm wondering if High Moon made the MP progression a standard to level up about as fast as WFC's 5x xp settings. It's not that I didn't like the first game, the concept was cool and all, it has a lot of potential, but the game has a ton of flaws. Anyway, I'm just concerned that they did the WFC 5x xp to please the fans and made this one as painfully slow to level up as WFC was before, since it's a new release.

I took 21 hours to max every class on WFC. I don't expect this game to be so fast, but I hope High Moon realized it was insane the first time around and made this game's progression much more reasonable than WFC's standard MP progression.

What you guys think?

Edited by CaldaSnake

I've bought the 2 games together and started War For Cybertron last week. Finished the MP just after 6 days.

I'm aware that the game was set to give you 5x xp forever to ease the very slow grinding it was before, which I can't imagine how really slow and painful it was to level up before.

So I'm just about to start this one and I'm wondering if High Moon made the MP progression a standard to level up about as fast as WFC's 5x xp settings. It's not that I didn't like the first game, the concept was cool and all, it has a lot of potential, but the game has a ton of flaws. Anyway, I'm just concerned that they did the WFC 5x xp to please the fans and made this one as painfully slow to level up as WFC was before, since it's a new release.

I took 21 hours to max every class on WFC. I don't expect this game to be so fast, but I hope High Moon realized it was insane the first time around and made this game's progression a much more reasonable than WFC's standard MP progression.

What you guys think?

FoC is set at 4x the award rate, relative to where WFC started. So not quite as quick as the permanent 5x that WFC now enjoys, but close.

There was one double xp weekend, so that temporarily brought it to 8x, but it seems that Highmoon has given up on this game since the last skin pack. I would love to see some more double XP, but I think Highmoon is now focused on Deadpool.

Really disappointing, I had hoped for some content based DLC, instead we got overpriced skin packs. This game died very quickly, which is a travesty IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

ugh i remember grinding my xp on all 4 classes with nearly all of it during normal xp on wfc. only time leveling wasn't a pain was when i found groups doing control point swaps. if you found a perfect cps then you could gain levels like crazy, thou almost always there seemed to be 1 or 2 people who wanted to kill the other team and take all the control points. i remember one guy sending nasty emails to my entire team, and his own complain about us swapping the caps and us annihilating him as he attacked our entire team head on constantly:rofl:

• 1 year later...