3rd game "of Cybertron" franchise hints - "The Journey"

Clunker

Looks like a 3rd game could be in the works if this one pulls in enough money.

This seems to be the idea for when the 3rd game could be set...

From the official website....

The Journey

Did the Autobots and Decepiticons fly directly to Earth? Or did they bounce from one corner of the galaxy to another before meeting their destiny? These questions remain a mystery as they illustrate an unwritten chapter of the lore.

Ugh, I hope they don't go that direction. I know the game is in pre-pre-pre-planning, so here's hoping they come up with something more original than dragging out the 'going to Earth' storyline.

What about a game where a group of Autobots return to Cybertron? Either the original Earth bound Autobots or a new group who fled earlier. This franchise stated that ancient transformers explored the universe. Have that faction return to reclaim Cybertron. Good way to introduce Hot Rod, Kup, Blur, Blaster, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like a 3rd game could be in the works if this one pulls in enough money.

This seems to be the idea for when the 3rd game could be set...

From the official website....

Ugh, I hope they don't go that direction. I know the game is in pre-pre-pre-planning, so here's hoping they come up with something more original than dragging out the 'going to Earth' storyline.

What about a game where a group of Autobots return to Cybertron? Either the original Earth bound Autobots or a new group who fled earlier. This franchise stated that ancient transformers explored the universe. Have that faction return to reclaim Cybertron. Good way to introduce Hot Rod, Kup, Blur, Blaster, etc.

I believe the ancient transformers are long but gone, Seeing as the Sea Of Rust was there home. Also I wouldn't class Hot Rod, Kup or Blur as ancients

• 2 months later...

Ancient or not, I would love to see Hot Rod, Kup, Blur, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps. that would be a game with Characters I would enjoy playing with! :cool:

• 3 months later...

In fall of cybertron

The sea of rust is believed to be the remains of the ancients.

Kupp,blurr,hot rod,etc are G2 in the TV series. I do not know where they are in the comics. Kupp mentions being one of several cybertronians that fled after the great war. He became grouchy because of this and several battles on a myriad of planets. He may have been one of the wreckers.

I too would like to see the ancients. I believe this would be the first visual of the ancients. I just hope they remember that the cybertronians had to learn how to transform and it was originally a defensive measure.

Then there is the fact that G2 claimed the quintessons had no small part in the creation of the cybertronians.

Cybertron is also primus in hiding from unicron.

Again there is so much lore with no stability. Hence the purpose of the games.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there any Highmoon left? I think Activision gutted the studio as soon as Deadpool shipped :(

I subscribe to their twitter feed and it is totally dark. Sadly I don't think a third episode in this great series will ever see light of day.

I believe High Moon have downsized their staff numbers in recent months, so most likely we'll have to wait until things on that front have stabilized before we find out whether they are to make any new games. I also am desperate for news of another Cybertron game, but as you say, it seems unlikely at this moment in time. :(