Why an Earth Dino is on Cybertron.

So a few of the comments I have been reading on the web about this game revolve around the fact that Grimlock is on Cybertron and he wouldn't be since he's an Earth Dinosaur and the Autobots haven't gotten to Earth yet. (Since this game series is set before the Transformers ever reach Earth)

I think I have a great explanation:

The Dinobots were an advance scouting party to find a suitable home for the Autobots since Cybertron is dying.

Grimlock & company arrive on Earth at the time of the dinosaurs (Cretaceous Period by the choice of dino's they emulate) and set out to return to Cybertron to let them know they found a planet.

However, time dilation would say that their journey back to Cybertron (and the subsequent journey to Earth by Optimus & company) would make 1000′s if not millions of years advance on Earth, hence when Prime arrives, human civilization has arisen.

Waddya think?

Sounds like a plausible explenation but why do people always require a reason for these things? Trypticon pretty much is also very Dinosaur like and nobody seemed to have a problem with him in War for Cybertron.

And since we're on that topic why do the Cybertronians have bodies with human anatomy to begin with. Why don't they have six legs, three arms where the head should be an two heads where you'd expect their asses to be?

This isn't aimed at you as I know you just said that it seems to be the topic in the web. It's just that it bothers me when such people start to find a complaint here because they believe they thought things through carefully while you could totally turn their complaints against them if you spin the wheel further like I did above.

• 3 months later...

Thread invalid, read op's post, stopped reading when I realised no one knew the reason why...machinima did a video with the team about this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2GEo0u_BnU]Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Exclusive Dinobots Unleashed Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

In short, Shockwave wanted to make super strong transformers and while scanning decided to use earth based dinosaurs in a mad scientist experiment, he failed to control them of course...why autobots?

Because they were captured and subjected to experiments that reduced their mental capacity a little, a little!

I like the idea of this as each TF universe does it differently, in g1 they found dinosaur bones and thought "LETS MAKE SOME DINOSAUR ROBOTS", in the old Uk comic series which is being continued in the new "regeneration" series apparently they were smart, just with a speech impediment and a pennant for brute force (grim lock becomes the leader of the autobots for awhile!), but...no idea of the origin as I was too young to read all of these, I just got a re-issue of the last few pages :p

Sounds like a plausible explenation but why do people always require a reason for these things? Trypticon pretty much is also very Dinosaur like and nobody seemed to have a problem with him in War for Cybertron.

And since we're on that topic why do the Cybertronians have bodies with human anatomy to begin with. Why don't they have six legs, three arms where the head should be an two heads where you'd expect their asses to be?

This isn't aimed at you as I know you just said that it seems to be the topic in the web. It's just that it bothers me when such people start to find a complaint here because they believe they thought things through carefully while you could totally turn their complaints against them if you spin the wheel further like I did above.

Everyone needs an explanation, why humans exist, is there god, etc best not to argue as you'd be outnumbered :p

Also some transformers don't have the human looking anatomy, depending on the series you follow, far too many to begin and none who I can remember the names, though...they may not be cybertronian just sentient robots from other planets.

-Transformers fan

Well there's always been talked about over-advanced civilizations, but never any talk from where Cybertron came. It is a planet, but a machine planet with a core that's completely cybernetic. Thus, it was built, but by whom? Super-advanced human civilizations that disappeared, of which then return to Earth many centuries later.

Or, whoever but life on Earth...Both Cybertron and Earth have very similar looking creatures. Both machines, except one's mechanical, and the others are organic machines.

If you remember Beast Wars, there was a race of creatures that were on "Earth" and several things happened involving them. (I say "Earth" because it's remained unclear whether it was Earth or not. The Ark had crashed on it, but that's my point...there was no record of the Ark ever crashing).

• 5 months later...

FOR THE RECORD...The entire thing about Dinobots is explained throughout Chapter 12 when you play as Grimlock. Shockwave analyzed these "carbon-based lifeforms" on the planet through the rift that was created by his replica of the tower in the Sea of Rust.

He then used the imprisoned team of Autobots (Grimlock's team) and transformed them into those same creatures as part of his experiments.

How the Hell do you go through a game like that and completely miss the entire story?

How the Hell do you go through a game like that and completely miss the entire story?

Hey genius, this thread was started BEFORE the game came out. So no one had played it yet.

In fact, you're basically the only one who's posted in this thread after the game release date. So who are you talking to?

• 2 months later...
Well there's always been talked about over-advanced civilizations, but never any talk from where Cybertron came. It is a planet, but a machine planet with a core that's completely cybernetic. Thus, it was built, but by whom? Super-advanced human civilizations that disappeared, of which then return to Earth many centuries later.

Or, whoever but life on Earth...Both Cybertron and Earth have very similar looking creatures. Both machines, except one's mechanical, and the others are organic machines.

If you remember Beast Wars, there was a race of creatures that were on "Earth" and several things happened involving them. (I say "Earth" because it's remained unclear whether it was Earth or not. The Ark had crashed on it, but that's my point...there was no record of the Ark ever crashing).

Yes the arc did crash as a result from battle with the nemisis. In beast wars,the maximuls (desendants of autobots) landed on early earth during the time the autobots were still in stasis. This is explained in the latter episodes.

G1

Dinosaur bones were discovered which resulted in the creation of dinobots. Wheeljack created them and later improved A.I.

Comics.

Shockwave arrived on earth during the Jurassic or Cretaceous period. I do not remember why. During this time he saw the brute strength of dinosaurs and created the dinobots.

Animated

Megatron infused automated dinosaur anamatronics with with his will and or spark plus energon from sari's key. This resulted in the creation of dinobots.

Other note

In G1 the consructicons were created on earth to help megatron erect his fortress. Later they were on cybertron during the great war and betrayed omega suprime before Orion pax was chosen to be the next prime.

The new games are an attempt to rectify several errors in the transformers story which conveludes the whole story. The games are meant as the new definitive story.

• 7 months later...