House Championship First Month Survey

AlphaCookie

Well, we’ve got the ball rolling. We’ve kept typos to what I would consider a minimum. There’s also tons of you participating, which to me screams astounding success. Good job. I can toss the survey part of this.

----

Okay, I’ve been told that defeats the point. So be honest, be brutal. We’ll be directly applying feedback here into structuring the rest of the competition. So hopefully these questions cover the majority of the hot buttons, and a simple “additional comments” can cover the rest. You can just leave your answers in the thread here.

Survey -

In regards to the points scaling, is the weight of trophies vs forums in a place where it seems fair? Remember, this isn’t THL. Trophies aren’t supposed to dictate victory. But Noid also has like 3,000,000 guides on the pile.

Ad Hoc Events - How are the ad hocs so far? There’s more to come, including some with a much higher difficulty spike (we hope). We’ve already seen feedback for the Propaganda War and the Scavenger Hunt, but don’t hesitate to tell us more direct and detailed critiques. What types of events would you like to see more of?

Ad Hoc Points - Have they seemed fair? We’ve attempted to keep them reigned in, after all the competition shouldn’t be decided by a team earning 20,000 points for making us laugh a bit about a shape humping a rock. But looking at the impressive totals put up by every team each week, maybe they haven’t been enough. We’ve also exercised giving every team points, mainly to negate the higher end earnings. Winning 5000 feels great, but it isn’t a huge blow when the other guys get 2500, right? We've also heard the cry for tiered points.

Speaking of submissions, how are the forms we’ve been whoring out? Nice, right?

It’s been like a month, and I’m sure you want to know. WHATS THE MINIMUM?!?!?!?! Well we don’t know. We haven’t set in stone how we’ll decide it, only theories, and the big hurdle is seeing how point gains change without Max Clubs. How about some suggestions from you though. I know you want to.

Additional Comments, topics, etc:

Oh, and for sticking around, reading and responding this long, posting a picture of a Penguin will net you 25 free house points. (that’s like, 1000ish points if your whole house fills out the survey)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the points scaling, is the weight of trophies vs forums in a place where it seems fair? Remember, this isn’t THL. Trophies aren’t supposed to dictate victory. But Noid also has like 3,000,000 guides on the pile.

Absolutely seems fair. As you said yourself, this isn't THL. And Noid has 3,000,000 guides on the pile, but I call that good strategy. This event was announced a month in advance with a rough idea of what would earn points. Everyone had the same chance as Noid to scour the forum for guides that need writing and plan to write those guides. If nobody else did it, that's their fault, not a problem with Noid or a problem with the point scaling.

Also if note is that if there's a House Championships 2, guess what? Noid and anyone else can't go back and re-write all those guides for another easy point boost. Unless the guide team sees reason to open those guides to challenge (and if they did, I would have hoped they'd reject the guide rather than giving them a sticky), those guides are off the table forever. People will have to find new strategies to get points in a potential sequel to this competition.

So yeah, I think the point scaling is fair as far as trophies VS everything else goes, and I don't see Noid being strategic and writing a bunch of guides for easy games as a reason to change it. Trophies aren't supposed to dictate victory, forum participation is. The only things I can say are that 1, I wish I had thought of looking for super easy guides to write, and 2, that Noid was in my house because goddamn those points :eek:

EDIT: I've seen a few replies posted about how trophies should be worth more for the people who "can't" do anything but earn trophies. I want to say I think that's baloney. There is no such thing as people who "can't" do anything but earn trophies. There are only people who won't do anything but earn trophies. The best argument I've seen is that not everyone is good enough with English to write a guide, and that's fair enough. But guides are just one aspect. Even if all a person wants to do is earn trophies, everyone can earn trophies that get them into a Sub/MotM Club, and everyone can earn trophies that will help them complete Staff and Custom Trophy Lists. Prioritize your trophy earning so every trophy you earn pushes you towards one of these goals so you can get some more points. If you don't do that and decide instead to earn trophies willy nilly, you deserve to not earn many points.

In short, I don't think the scaling should be changed to benefit people who "can't" do anything but earn trophies, because those people don't exist.

Ad Hoc Events - How are the ad hocs so far? There’s more to come, including some with a much higher difficulty spike (we hope). We’ve already seen feedback for the Propaganda War and the Scavenger Hunt, but don’t hesitate to tell us more direct and detailed critiques. What types of events would you like to see more of?

Less stuff that comes totally down to your and Vy's discretion. I'd rather actually be able to go out and earn something and know it will count towards the goal than try to do something and hope beyond hope that you and Vy like it.

In other words, I'm saying Scavenger Hunt >>>>>>> Propaganda War and the Caption thing. Sure, Scavenger Hunt had a small element of coming down to your discretion, but aside from me learning you didn't want sarcastic entries, it was mostly just figuring out what you wanted for each item. I think the only one I was really hung up on was figuring out that "What do you mean I missed it!?" was supposed to mean a missable trophy, and remember seeing you reject a submission for the reason that the trophy wasn't missable and I said to myself "oh, that's what that meant, I could have submitted that ages ago if I had realized that!"

But yeah, I'd much rather see events like Scavenger Hunt than the other two events. Also, if you make us do spelling later, please don't make us write a book like Pagan Min did to those poor sods in Trophy Survivor. :p

Ad Hoc Points - Have they seemed fair? We’ve attempted to keep them reigned in, after all the competition shouldn’t be decided by a team earning 20,000 points for making us laugh a bit about a shape humping a rock. But looking at the impressive totals put up by every team each week, maybe they haven’t been enough. We’ve also exercised giving every team points, mainly to negate the higher end earnings. Winning 5000 feels great, but it isn’t a huge blow when the other guys get 2500, right? We've also heard the cry for tiered points.

I agree that it should be reigned in and the competition shouldn't be decided by ad hoc points. It would suck to work hard earning points the normal way and then another team blows ahead purely by winning an ad hoc or two. This ties into the above answer as well; it would be a real piss taker if another team blew ahead because they won an ad hoc that was purely up to you and Vy to decide what you liked the most.

Keep ad hocs to fun little bonus activities that stop the competition from slipping into a boring, repetitive thing where we just play games to get into sub clubs or staff clubs or write guides for them.

Yeah, those are nice. Keep those up, it makes things clean for me as I know exactly what info you want. :applause: And if you can find a way to incorporate them into more forum events, please do it. Like maybe there's a form for game nights and everyone is forced to fill in all relevant information, no going back to someone and being like "oi, this is a multiplatform game night, which platform where you signing up for".

It’s been like a month, and I’m sure you want to know. WHATS THE MINIMUM?!?!?!?! Well we don’t know. We haven’t set in stone how we’ll decide it, only theories, and the big hurdle is seeing how point gains change without Max Clubs. How about some suggestions from you though. I know you want to.

:shutup:

Just don't do any of the already mentioned ideas that cater to people who signed up thinking they could THL their way to victory and have now found out they aren't getting any points. You guys clearly laid out what the competition was, if people signed up but don't compete, they shouldn't get anything even if their house wins.

And just about all the top earners in each house are people with jobs and spouses/kids/etc and they're still managing to earn points, so don't let anyone sell you guys on that crappy "I have a job and other responsibilities, I can't earn any points!" excuse. :thumbsdown:

Only that I think the surprise announcement that the Max Clubs would only be open for the first month of the competition was a bit shit and poorly timed. It had been up for all of June that Max Clubs would be a way to earn points, and then day one, SURPRISE, that opportunity is only available for the first month and not the entire competition. I can understand wanting to get the closure over with quickly, but at the same time I think it would have been better if they were open until the competition ended. Not much can be done about this now though so :shrugs:

Oh, and for sticking around, reading and responding this long, posting a picture of a Penguin will net you 25 free house points. (that’s like, 1000ish points if your whole house fills out the survey)

http://i.livescience.com/images/i/000/044/680/i02/emperor-penguin-ice-plummag.jpg?1334355085

Edited by mjc0961

My answers are in green. Penguin at the bottom.

I think the points are balanced so far. Anyone could be doing those guides or competing with Noid in that respect. Even just challenging his guides. I like that there's a variety of ways to earn points. You could do things on the forum or you could just straight up trophy hunt. Either way you're able to help out.

I just want more in general! They've been fun. I'd like to see more where trophy hunting is incorporated as well as forum activity. The scavenger hunt was cool but ended WAY TOO SOON. Like, there's 50+ house members right? Do something where only one trophy can be submitted from each member so it forces others to pitch in. Not just 5 people from one house pulling all the work.

I like what's happened so far but tiered points would be cool too. Each house gets points but in a way that's tiered to who does the best at the event. 5000 for 1st, 2500 for 2nd etc

The forms are bad ass and creates transparency that events have never had in the past. I think it keeps the bitching and complaining to a minimum and shows that the staff is trying very hard to insure that it's clear there isn't any "cheating" going on.

I have no thoughts on this.

Keep it up! Been around the site a long time and this is the most fun event I've seen happen. So props to all you guys/gals for thinking it up and to all the staff for the work that's been put in to keep it going.

Oh, and for sticking around, reading and responding this long, posting a picture of a Penguin will net you 25 free house points. (that’s like, 1000ish points if your whole house fills out the survey)[/b]

http://weecdn.com/Uploads/2013/3/31/3096/3096_40423.jpg

Survey -

I feel like trophies could be worth a little more. Right now they are really underpowered, yeah you guys don't want this to turn into another THL but 500 trophies= a guide is a bit weird. But I feel that the non trophy events could use balancing even more- for example a 1 page Arcade Archives guide is worth the same as a 300 hour 12 post RPG guide and it's a bit off.

I like the Adhocs so far, it'd be unfair to say what I'd like more when only 2 or 3 have happened and you have a lot more planned. If you keep it up I'll be happy :)

They're pretty fair. Like you said winning 5000 was great then we remembered everyone else got 2500 and it's a bit ehh. I'd be more fine if 2nd got 2500, 3rd got 1000 and 4th got 500/0 or something, would make it a lot more competitive.

Right :)

Maybe higher than the average points total?

I've really enjoyed the competition so far, there have been things I've disliked but I understand this is a test run, and you guys are doing really well considering, and next season (if one happens) will be even better! Big round of applause :applause:

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9200557.ece/alternates/w620/pg-31-penguins-1-rex.jpg

Edited by TheManUtdFan

Points Scaling- I believe the points are fine the way they are right now, but I would like to make a request of making Noid and Discoking becoming members of the guide team. ;)

Ad Hoc Events- Can't say much on the Propaganda War since I forgot that was going on when it happened, I thought the Scavenger Hunt was fun, and I'm looking forward to doing the Picture Captions since I had to that kind of stuff for yearbook during my high school days.

Ad Hoc Points- I'm going to speak on the Scavenger Hunt points; I thought the winning house should have gotten an additional 1,000 points added to the 2,500 points they earned, not double the points, but if you were to do something like that again and give the winning house double points, I propose that second place gets a x1.5 points bonus, third place gets x1.25 points bonus, and last place gets x1 bonus.

Submission Forms- Sure.

Minimum Points- I rather have the ED's make the final decision and not have the survey's sway them in any way, shape and form.

Additional Comments, Etc.- How about a penguin?

Emperor_Penguin_Manchot_empereur.jpg

Survey -

I would have liked the different trophy types to be worth varying amounts of points, like 1 for bronze, 5 for silver, 15 for gold and 30 for a plat.

I really enjoyed the scavenger hunt event and would like to see more like that.

Yeah they seem fine how they are to me.

They're perty. ;)

I feel like either 1,000 or 1,500 points would be enough since that is a good contribution and definitely helps the team and proves that you're not letting the team carry you. You shouldn't have to be one of the top people to get the award.

7c348c621a18aeed8797051806453174.jpg

Seems like a good balance.

I'd like to see events that are more clear-cut and doesn't rely on the personal opinion of an individual (or two). I like Ad Hoc #2 better than the other two so far, but some of the descriptions were still too vague.

So far, so good.

Keep it up, I especially liked the transparency that the spreadsheet brings.

No higher than 3000, anything below that is okay. I'd put it at 1000-1500.

Go House Triangle! :triangle:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--5z2rEquh--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1208414258193691718.jpg

In regards to the points scaling, is the weight of trophies vs forums in a place where it seems fair?

Hard to say. Yes they seem low, especially when you look at the player on team cross with the most platinums is literally 1000s of points behind the top player of team cross. But, its not like that should be much of a surprise, the point value key has been there since the beginning.

-

Ad Hoc Events - How are the ad hocs so far?

I think the criticism of the scavenger hunt has already been made clear, but in the future I would try to make the shelf life of these events be at least 2-3 days.

-

Ad Hoc Points - Have they seemed fair?

They seem fine, but if the difference between first and last gets too out of control (its already nearing 20k) you may want to up it a bit to give the team in last a chance to catch up, especially with you guys taking a source of points away from the contest mid-competition. I feel like if they dont get some kind of way to catch up, whats their motivation.

-

Correct, nice.

-

WHATS THE MINIMUM?!?!?!?!

I have no suggestion of what it should be, but I wouldn't make it public once youve decided what it is. Keep people playing, if people don't know if they'll make the cut or not, they will be inclined to keep participating. And this is coming from a person with >600 points. I may or may not make the minimum during the next 2 months, but not knowing what it is keeps me playing.

-

You guys are doing a bang up job, Its been alot of fun reading the trash talk and watching the exceptional players knock it out of the park. I cant imagine the headache to the people running to enter all this stuff at the end of a week, so let me say thank you.

also, this:

[spoiler=ID]hf1.jpg

For the most part, I would say yes since it is a Forum Competition and not just a trophy competition, but it would be nice to see more points for the trophies since for some people, that's their main contribution (nothing against it!). Like maybe if the scale of points mirrored PS (15 for (B), 30 for (S), 90 for (G) and 180 for (P)) - though I also understand that would be far more work for the staff to keep track of everything. in regards to Noid, he just had/has a damn good strategy that works for him and his team.

They've been alright - I think the biggest issue would be with the time frame in which the events are taking place. Maybe if they were prolonged a little so everyone could participate? Where that's possible, of course. I'd always love to see more trophy related events as well. The scavenger hunt was a really good chance for the teams to work together.

They're pretty fair imo - yes, winning 5000 feels great, but it's not guaranteed that the same team will win 5000 every time and it can definitely be a game changer. And 2500 points goes a long way!

Perfect :)

Based on the first months scores (not including Noid) and the average, I'd say about 7500.

Go Team :square:

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af194/Velvetdreamer/Capture_zpsiyllkuwd.jpg

points given to here - Cookie

Edited by AlphaCookie

I know this isn't THL, I still think as this is a whole site 3 month competition that trophies good have been worth a few more points. Another thing about the guides is that they are completely over-powered. You shouldn't need a site competition for people to write guides and tossw*nk games.

Well I was on holiday during Adhoc 1 and Adhoc 2 was over before I even got a chance to join in so i was disappointed on the timing as us UK'ers didn't really get a chance to participate in Adhoc 2

The values for the adhoc points are around the right sort of figures, if someone can get shit load of points for making some shit on paint though, don't think that deserves any points as we can all do that.

Yeah they're good, now stop reading and get back to whoring them out.

Honestly if you've participated I think you should get the award. Personally a fair number would be around 1000 as to earn that amount of points you've definitely contributed to your house.

If your going to set a limit on the award then all the people who didn't make it should have there points deducted as they aren't part of the team, cause i bet every point will count by the end of this

http://www.stlzoo.org/files/5013/0798/4222/penguin_rockhopper.jpg

I like the way the points are varied across the boards. Yes, Noid probably has thousands of guides stacked, but at the same time people could have let's say Sub/MotM clubs they've completely forgot to sign up to like Kb420mcl for example.

I'm liking the Ad Hoc events so far, but I've not been able to participate in them due to other members jumping the gun, or different timezones. So on that note I'd like to see another THL Bingo style game where every member has a chance to net some points. I'm sure your working on one though :p

Yes, they seem fair, and I can see where your coming from in regards of inflating points. I prefer it that way, so other members just don't buy VN's turning this into another THL just for the sake of it.

Right, but it's probably wise to let other people know they're for 100% titles and auto-pops only :rofl: (unless it's for an Ad Hoc event).

I don't care really tbh, just as long as it's not low, so other members have to work for it instead of letting others carry them.

Keep up the good work :beer: :cool:

http://image.blingee.com/images18/content/output/000/000/000/787/743574564_875790.gif

Edited by Combatting

Survey -

I think the weighting of points is pretty fair. It encourages more participation on the site. In Noid's case, yeah, he has a lot of guides but he put in the time and effort for them so he deserves every point. Anybody could what he's doing if they truly had the drive to do so so I'm not hating. It's pretty impressive to see. It's a matter of who's hungrier for the points.

I like the events being posted so far. Allows the members of the site to get more creative and collaborate with each other more.

I have no problems with the way that the points are dished out.

Very smooth. Nice job!

I don't have a particular amount but maybe the awards given after this competition could be tiered based on points like:

Bronze: 100 - 1000pts

Silver: 1001 - 2500pts

Gold: 2501pts - 5000pts

Platinum: 5001+pts

or something like that. That way everybody should get something for participating and those who went above and beyond can get higher tiered awards or something. Just a minor suggestion.

:cross: all day!

http://i.imgur.com/BhrSNKU.jpg

Here's a baby penguin.

Edited by JayPBM

At first I was hoping it would be something like : "gold trophies gave you more points than silver trophies than bronze trophies" because 1 point for 1 trophy is a bit weak IMO. Points scaling could have been a little bit better to me. I don't know but if a (P) is worth 40 points, how about (G) = 25, (S) = 10 and (B) = 1 for example. I think this would have been better maybe. :think:

About Noid he definitely seems to have a lot of free time. :p

He's undoubtedly writing a sh*tload of guides but as long as he writes good guides nicely detailled it shouldn't be a problem. It should motivate the members of the other teams to hurry and write more guides.

I still secretly wish he will break his keyboard at some point though... :whistle:

I like the variety of them a lot. :)

Keep this variety, that's great ! There's a little bit of everything for everyone. :applause:

They seem fair to me. Keep making increases in points for the next ad hoc events, this add more fun and craziness to the competition ! :devil:

They are perfect and easy to use and understand. ;)

1500 sounds good to me.

:triangle: rules !

http://www.zoomcinema.fr/media/photos/2339/un-petit-pingouin.jpg

As you said, this is not THL. Trophies aren't meant to decide which team will be victorious in this event, its the community that decides. Which each team's contribution comes great responsibility.

The Ad Hocs are a nice addition to the event since they're an additional way to earn points, especially with bonus points for things we can't normally get points for.

The way Ad hoc points are being handed out seems fair to me, especially for specific ad hocs where one team would win bonus points for beating out other teams from completing them.

I actually have no qualms against the submission format despite the fact that submitting supplements won't count towards points. lol

I'm enjoying the event so far, especially with the ad hocs, guide submissions, etc.

Don't give up team :cross:! We can nail this competition in no time. Oh, and below this quote is an anime penguin (given that I do tend to watch anime a lot). :D

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ltjeHIPe1qclke2.jpg

Survey -

I believe it is fair I really like it better this way as I'm just coming out of a burnt out period for trophy hunting so this is a nice change. As far as Noid and his guides he is helping out everyone whether it is just for the competition or not. There are a lot of games that needed decent guides or just needed one period. Writing a guide is not easy(takes hours days even) if it was everyone would write one. I think Noid should get something else on top of his and separate his house points for doing all that work.

Well I've entered late in the game so I can't say much on this but I'll will be looking out for ways to help my house. I would like to see more game nights though and for both PS3 and PS4 some of us don't have a PS4 yet so at least host games for both. They do not have to be the same game. Also you could do non Playstation games ie. Wii U games

Like I said above I'm a late joiner so can't say much on this but I would suggest to try different things and then we'll let you know if it works out for everyone.

It's a good think it helps the site as a whole and get us more involved. I've submitted something myself not sure if I did it right :o but I plan on submitting more.

Lots and lots and lots and lots of games nights I don't know points to the group that runs the longest or for recording a video of the night.:think:

More game nights :p

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/d/dc/Batman-returns_-the-penguin-wallpapers_25785_1024x768.png/revision/latest?cb=20111105020831

Does this count :p

Yes, but only while the Top 5 clubs were still open. Now that the option has closed, people who don't write guides will have a harder time getting points. Not everyone is good at writing guides or feels their English is good enough to write one. Trophy hunting ad hoc events can somewhat make up for it, like the second ad hoc event, but I still don't feel it's enough. Other ad hoc events like the first and third ones are good for those who want some forum points on top of their trophy points, but it's still pretty limited since only very few participants will get the points.

I like how it's currently a mix. Alternating between forum challenges and trophy hunting challenges every ad hoc event keeps it fair for both sides.

I think it's good how it is now. You don't want to blow one team out of the water and have them lose hope on winning. It's nice how even the losing team will get points for participating at least, like how it was for the second ad hoc event.

Definitely awesome. It's nice to see everything organized and open to the public. It makes the competition all the more intense!

After looking at everyone's points, they're all scattered, so it's hard to find a nice number that'd work. Some people have been going hard and have a thousands of points already, while others are trying and only have a few hundred points. I think there should be two awards like the Bingo award, one for overachievers and one for casuals.

This is a really fun competition, and easily the best event this site has ever had. I like how it mixes in both participation in the forums and trophy hunting skill. I look forward to more unique events like this out of the Events Directors! :thumbsup:

7c348c621a18aeed8797051806453174.jpg

Survey -

I think the points scaling is fair. Maybe 450 points for getting a guide stuck is a little high, but that is the bread and butter of PST after all.

I've liked the Ad Hoc events so far, and this third one seems like it could be fun. But the scavenger hunt was over too quickly.

The points are fair here. A big chunk of points, but not enough to put the winner out of reach.

Very nice and easy to use.

Announcing a point minimum this early wouldn't work. There is still too long to go.

I'm enjoying being a part of the championships greatly. I earned 234 trophies in July. The most I've ever got in one month by almost 100 trophies.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090721072541/batman/images/7/79/ThePenguin_01.jpg

In a perfect world, those types of guides would be given half points. Any and all guides are welcomed but I'm sure you had something more "in depth" in mind when you assigned them points. I don't have a ps3, I'm in no way artistic, and now I lost the max clubs (my only real saving grace) so I'm pretty much stuck with only obtaining trophies. I'd like to see platinums be worth a little more but overall the structure works.

I had no invested interest in the propaganda war as I am not good with words or artistic. The scavenger hunt was a neat idea but I think it should have been limited to one per person. Timezones are a bitch so I would recommend having more events tailored around the "best submission", not "who can do something the fastest". I think there should be less events but worth more points.

I believe there should be fewer ad hoc events that are worth a heftier amount of points. I'd have more interest in an event if I knew I could make a real splash.

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Total points/# of members - another 15% due to outrageous efforts by our top members? There is a huge disparity between the top 5's and the rest of the teams, like some people haven't even earned a single point... The bottom half of the list shouldn't get an award imo.

http://i.imgur.com/ln0wY3A.jpg?1

Edited by Dipsy

Survey -

I think psn guides should be equal to dlc guides most are both like 10 or less trophies, unless there is a platinum

Going forward next time here is an idea:

• Maybe 200 points per guide stuck -- no matter what kind.
  • 50 for submission for platinum 50 trophy game
  • 25 points submission for psn or dlc guide
  • And if stuck 10 points per trophy description in guide

• Therefore a dlc guide stuck with 10 trophies 200+ 25 + 100 = 325
  • A platinum game like batman arkham knight with 67 trophies = 200+ 50+ 670 = 920 points

As one guide was 3 times as hard or as much work to write

Anyway I think something like that might show the difference in guide writing but as others have said this is not against noid. if people have a problem with him they should write guides and contest his points -- he's running uncontested. this is just to show the difference in guides. it would actually hurt my totals as a zp2 guide is dlc and only 1 or 3 trophies. but I say this as a matter of fairness for people writing guides for large games like batman vs smaller guide.

loved the scavenger hunt the best because the whole team could join in whenever they thought they had it they could submit. and teamwork was used to go for different trophies or figure out their meanings. maybe make them harder to solve next time to make it last longer. but I loved the scavenger hunt.

I also like frequency gotta keep us occupied we all have ADD

points seem fair but yeah when 1 team won the scavenger hunt the other teams should've been locked in where they were at that time -- not given a chance to get up to 2500 still

very nice:applause:

I'd say 1000 points seems ok as you helping your team win

should there also be mvp trophies for each team? :whistle:

points x 2 for my penguin please :)

http://www.bat-mania.co.uk/main/villains/images/penguin1966.jpg

I am not going to complain about Noid as I am in house :circle::thumbsup:

But serious, the points seem seem ok. I will not get major points in the forum but the custom list and max club have got major points which is great for me. I will leave the points from the forum side to Noid!!

The scavenger would have been the best one for me as that was way I could gain some points for my house. But the timing was very poor for the European. It started 9.30pm on a weekday and I could only get the trophies until midnight and then I have work the next day and by the time I came back it was over!

By the time most of the European logged on it was already over!

If you look at the top three then 2500 points seem fair. I agree with what you are saying. We do not want a team to be ahead by 20000 points plus the other points for guide, custom list etc will be pointless.

It was nice and simple, I just need to remember to fill it out!

It depend how many percentage of the people you would like to get the site awards. Then you can work out the average from that. But then you got people like Noid, SilentBun, kb420mcl pushing the average up which will make it harder to work out an average and minimum

ehhhh..... no comment.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/-t0UjslR3Ds/maxresdefault.jpg

I think most of the stuff so far has been great, so keep it up guys.

Points - I think trophies are a little undervalued, given that they are the main theme of the site, and although yes, they shouldn't dictate victory, they should still play a major part. All of the forum points are well balanced though.

Ad Hoc - I really like the mixture of forum/trophies/pure randomness you guys have put into these things, and they're really well designed, though the scavenger hunt was a bit short and badly timed (I was asleep for most, if not all of it).

Ad Hoc Points - I think the points for these are just right, enough to make a significant difference for wining, but not enough to put stone dead last into untouchable first.

Forms - These are easy and simple to fill out. Well done.

Minimum Points - I think the minimum should be somewhere around the 750-1000 mark, enough to need to make an effort, but not so much that a restricted schedule/personal circumstances will stop you getting it no matter how hard you try.

Additional Comments - P-p-p-pick up a penguin!

penguin1.jpg

Survey -

It seems fair enough to me. It's not THL, so I like that trophies aren't the main focus. Everyone has the same opportunity to get forum points. And now guides are being challenged by other guide writers. Having better guides on this forum is awesome.

I think the ad hocs have been great. The only issue has been with the teams. A good amount on Skype, a bunch in the social group and many others that don't really connect with the rest of the team. I'd like to see more forum challenges than trophy challenges. Even though most of the team is disconnected communication wise, they seem to allow us to collaborate more, which forms bonds and brings the community closer together.

The points seem fair. These ad-hocs seem to be a good amount to bring houses closer to the lead. Square getting that extra 2500 points was nice. Maybe a good idea would be to deal out points in the ad-hoc based on the difference in points? Like now, Square is behind almost 12000 points. In this case, maybe offer 6000 points to the winner of an ad-hoc event. That will get the teams behind closer to the lead, teams barely behind ahead, and teams in the lead WAY in the lead? Maybe not though, this is why I'm just a member :francis:

I like a good form.

I think everyone who participates should count. Forget minimums. Everyone has circumstances. Site awards are just for fun. I know that won't happen because of how highly everyone regards site awards. If not everyone, maybe for everyone who earns half of the average?

Even though I can't take part as much as I would like to because of other obligations, this is still a lot of fun. I hope houses aren't taking things personally. And I hope everyone doesn't hate Noid. :p

And as always, thanks to the staff for hosting another awesome event. Crazy it's already been a month!

http://www.comicsbatman.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/GOTHAM-Penguin-Pingouin-184x300.jpg

Survey -

Would've liked a little more reward for getting trophies. Maybe a bonus for every 250 or so trophies you earn?

I like them, although I feel ad hoc 2 was a little short. Not sure if that was what you intended though.

I think they're fair, but it depends how many you are planning. If, say, you're only gonna do, like, 5, then increase the amount of points awarded to the winner. Less events = more points, basically :p

err, yeah, I love them :shrugs:

1000 points seems perfect.

Yesterday, you gave out 150 points for answering random questions, I didn't like that at all. I'm happy with the way it's going though, I'm sure others will have more to say about it than me!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01521/penguin_1521677c.jpg