House Championship FAQ's

BinkUncia

House Championship FAQ’s

This is a working list of FAQ's and any new questions will be added as and when it is required :). I hope it answers any and all questions that you have about the imminent competition the House Championship starting on the July 1st at 12am BST and run until September 30th 11.59pm BST.

For those in other timezones, here's a countdown!

Countdown Timer

Contents:

1. Abbreviations
  2. Scoring and tracking
  3. Custom Lists
  4. Maximum Clubs/ Member of the Month Clubs
  5. Road Maps, Guides and Supplements
  6. Game Nights

1. Abbreviations:

RM/G Sub = Road Map/ Guide Submission

RM/G/S Stuck = Road Map/ Guide/ Supplement Stuck

SotM = Sig Of The Month

SFMotM = Share Factory Memories Of The Month

Top 5 MC = Top 5 Max Clubs

Sub/MotM Club = Sub or Member Of The Month Club

2. Scoring and tracking:

2.1 How will trophies be tracked?

All trophies and platinums will be tracked as we have done in the past through PSN profiles. While other forum things such as guides will be submitted as normal, and if deemed the correct quality by the guide team, will be added to your total score by an ED into the House spreadsheet:

AND VIEW THE TRACKING SPREADSHEET HERE

However 100%’s and auto-pops should be reported using the correct 100% and auto-pop report sheet:

SUBMIT YOUR AUTOPOPS AND 100% GAMES HERE

2.2 How will Mini Events be tracked?

This will depend upon the type of event, if it’s one that just involves participation and no trophies then it will be through communications with the ED’s who will update the spreadsheet. However trophy specific ones will be tracked either by yourself (100%’s), or by PSN Profiles which the ED’s will then check.

2.3 How will DLC be handled?

DLC will count as single trophies and if completed will not be regarded as another 100%. So what ever DLC you do will just earn you extra points on top of the base game.

So an example would be:

A game with 10 (B) and 1 (P) plus 15 DLC trophies would net you: 10 (for the normal trophies) + 30 (for the plat) + 15 (DLC trophies) = 55.

2.4 What is the minimum number of points for the House Championship Participation award?

This is to be decided once the event has started, and will depend on the level of participation from members.

2.5 Do platinums count as a trophy along with the 30 point score?

No, if you earn a platinum it will just be scored as 30, not 31.

2.6 How does the scoring work for 100%'s without an "ending trophy so to speak"?

For 100% games the score will be the number of trophies in the base game, plus a bonus of 10 points for achieving the 100%.

For example:

If a game has 13 (B) for the 100%, you would achieve a score of 13 (B) + 10 = 23 points.

2.7 What happens to trophies earn’t before the competition which contribute to the plat or submitted 100%?

Any trophies earned outside of the competition will not net you points, however if you finish off a list and get a platinum/100%, then we will look at your timestamp via PSN Profiles and award you scores for which ever trophies you obtained during the competition period.

2.8 Do auto-pops count for points?

No, these you must declare in the report form, and you will not get any trophy points or platinum points if any of the trophies in the list have been auto popped, just like in previous competitions.

2.9 Do I need to sync my PSN profile?

Yes in order for us to correctly track trophies earnt we would appreciate it if you synced your card before the start of the event, and at least once a week. Failure to do so for a prolonged period of time will result in loss of points as we won’t be able to keep track.

2.10 What do I do about hidden trophies?

Hidden trophies are fine to have on your profile, just as long as you declare that you have them to an ED before the start of the competition on the 1st of July. Failure to do this will result in point deductions.

3. Custom lists:

3.1 Are the points for completing the different custom list tiers stackable?

Yes, so each tier of custom list completion such as earning 20,30, 40 and 50 trophies will net you points, therefore meaning you will earn 1,100 points in total. Note: The points are given out in conjunction with the site awards. You cannot earn 20 on one list and 20 on the other and get points for both. Each time you get one of the awards, you simply get the points associated with that award tier.

3.2 Can I earn all the trophies in a list and wait to submit it and still get credit?

No, at least one trophy has to be earned during the competition time for you to receive your points. This is to stop people who earned the trophies years ago from completing multiple lists at once. This applies for all custom lists, so if even if you could sign up for a complete list at once before the competition starts you have to earn at least one during the competition period for it to count.

3.3 Will staff get points for their own custom lists released during the competition period?

Nope, as this would essentially be free points, and we wanna work for it, honest!

4. Maximum Clubs and Member Of The Month Clubs:

4.1 How to enter a MoTM/Sub Club?

These clubs can be found in the Maximum Clubs section of the forum: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/subscriber-and-member-of-the-month-clubs/

You must complete all the games in one club and then submit it to the Max Club’s directors for processing.

4.2 How do I enter a Maximum Club Top 5?

This is where a member is the first through to fifth person to report a platinum or 100% on a game in the Maximum Club section of the forum. You can check how many people are already in a particular game’s club by searching for it in the Max clubs.

4.3 How many points will be given for DLC Top 5 Clubs?

Similar to the guide’s all DLC top 5’s will count but just for half the amount of credit so for 100 points instead of 200 for a full game.

4.4 Will you get points for Subscriber/MotM Clubs that you create yourself?

Nope, since this would be unfair for other members.

4.5 Do I get points for each Subscriber/MotM club I join or when I earn a Subscriber club/MotM award?

Points are awarded for every subscriber/MotM club you join.

4.6 Can I get points for joining a Max club or Subscriber/MotM club if I've already completed all the games in the club prior to the competition?

Yes. Unlike Custom Lists, you are not required to earn anything from the games in the clubs during the competition to earn the points for your House. Just sign up for anything you're eligible to join.

4.7 Will there be points for MotM?

No, because we want that award to be separated from the competitive nature of the championship and not to be affected by any teams bias.

5. Road Map, Guide, and Supplements:

5.1 Collaborating on Trophy Guides?

When you collaborate on a Road Map, Guide or Supplement each member will receive exactly half the points of a solo submission (this is not effected by which house you’re in).

5.2 How many points for DLC Road Maps,Guides and Supplements?

Since DLC’s are normally shorter than base games it has been decided that they will be worth 200 points if they are stuck, and 25 if they are submitted, in comparison to 500 for a full game.

6. Game Nights:

6.1 Can you use alt accounts?

Yes, however one main account must be used for all trophy hunting during the house championship competition.

7. Minimum Participation Score

1500 Points

Edited by AlphaCookie

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

House Championship FAQ’s

This is a working list of FAQ's and any new questions will be added as and when it is required :). I hope it answers any and all questions that you have about the imminent competition the House Championship starting on the July 1st at 12am BST and run until September 30th 11.59pm BST.

I hate to be the grammatical pedant, but that should say "running", although I guess "run" could technically still be correct depending on how you read it. I just needed to point that out for my own sanity, don't hate me :o.

Edited by solstice

2.3 How will DLC be handled?

DLC will count as single trophies and if completed will not be regarded as another 100%. So what ever DLC you do will just earn you extra points on top of the base game.

So an example would be:

A game with 10 (B) and 1 (P) plus 15 DLC trophies would net you: 10 (for the normal trophies) + 30 (for the plat) + 15 (DLC trophies) = 55.

2.6 How does the scoring work for 100%'s without an "ending trophy so to speak"?

For 100% games the score will be the number of trophies in the base game, plus a bonus of 10 points for achieving the 100%.

For example:

If a game has 13 (B) for the 100%, you would achieve a score of 13 (B) + 10 = 23 points.

Just clarifying for PSN games that have dlc. Do we have to get all the dlc trophies to be considered 100% or is it just the main game trophies?

Because I think PSNP doesn't give the little green check mark unless you have true 100%, not just main game trophies. Might make it a bit harder to verify if someone has all the maingame trophies. :p

So like, if a game had 10 (S) in the main game and 10 (B) as dlc, we would only have to get the 10 (S) to get the bonus points?

I hate to be the grammatical pedant, but that should say "running", although I guess "run" could technically still be correct depending on how you read it. I just needed to point that out for my own sanity, don't hate me :o.

And you didn't even notice the misplaced apostrophe that was in the quote. Call yourself a grammar nazi... tsk. And while we're on apostrophes, earnt shouldn't have one either.

Just clarifying for PSN games that have dlc. Do we have to get all the dlc trophies to be considered 100% or is it just the main game trophies?

Because I think PSNP doesn't give the little green check mark unless you have true 100%, not just main game trophies. Might make it a bit harder to verify if someone has all the maingame trophies. :p

So like, if a game had 10 (S) in the main game and 10 (B) as dlc, we would only have to get the 10 (S) to get the bonus points?

You only need the base game trophies to get the bonus points, via it a PSN game or a Retail game. Once you have all the base trophies done in a PSN game with or without DLC, you submit it via the form and we take a look at it.

2.10 What do I do about hidden trophies?

Hidden trophies are fine to have on your profile, just as long as you declare that you have them to an ED before the start of the competition on the 31th of June. Failure to do this will result in point deductions.

31th of June? :confused:

That doesn't make sense. :shrugs:

The competition will be starting on July 1st and running until September 30th.

Although "run" could technically make sense if you interpret it like this:

The competition will be starting on July 1st and is being run until September 30th.

Edit: :rofl: at the 31th of June.

31th of June? :confused:

Changed it to the 1st July.

The competition will be starting on July 1st and running until September 30th.

Although "run" could technically make sense if you interpret it like this:

The competition will be starting on July 1st and is being run until September 30th.

Edit: :rofl: at the 31th of June.

No need to change it to running, works fine as it is.

Edited by THE-123-GAMER

Someone asked before if a road map and a guide each count for their own 500 posts if accepted.

I had assumed no, because road map and guide are basically a set, but I don't see it answered so best to bring it up again now rather than mid competition.

Also what about a guide with a lengthy supplemental guide? Since supplements can be an entire guide's worth of effort on their own sometimes, would there be situations where you submit a guide with supplement and get 500 for the guide and 500 for the supplement?

Does Rule 3.2 apply to the Summer Break Custom lists as well? :(

I finished all of the PS3 list a couple nights ago to get the lists done as early as possible so I could just relax the rest of summer and stuff.

There wasn't a rule at the time saying we couldn't pop all the trophies beforehand and submit later once the competition starts, so I thought it would be like the Sub/MotM clubs where you can have the games done before as long as you sign up during the competition.

Plus since the lists are kinda in conjunction with the tournament anyway I figure I'd ask, I know it's a long shot.

Does Rule 3.2 apply to the Summer Break Custom lists as well? :(

There wasn't a rule at the time saying we couldn't pop all the trophies beforehand and submit later once the competition starts, so I thought it would be like the Sub/MotM clubs where you can have the games done before as long as you sign up during the competition.

Yes it does. There wasn't a rule that said you could, either, at least as far as I know.

EDIT: I made a quick update to the FAQ to make that clear.

Edited by Vyrastas

starting on the July 1st at 12am BST and run until September 30th 11.59pm BST.

Can we get an official countdown clock for the start time? I just realize I have no idea if you mean 12 am BST to be British Standard Time or British Summer Time :francis: Plus it would just be easier for everyone who doesn't already know the conversion to their time zone as well.

Can we get an official countdown clock for the start time? I just realize I have no idea if you mean 12 am BST to be British Standard Time or British Summer Time :francis: Plus it would just be easier for everyone who doesn't already know the conversion to their time zone as well.

There's no such thing as British Standard Time :p But yeah a timer would be nice!

British Summer Time and British Standard Time are exactly the same, GMT+1

Will the Max Clubs have the same (non)requirement as the Sub/MotM clubs? Meaning it is just about the signup and you don't have to earn a trophy during the House Competition?

Yes the Max clubs will have the same rules as the Sub/MotM Clubs, forgot to add that in apologies, been edited in now :o.

4.6 Can I get points for joining a Max club or Subscriber/MotM club if I've already completed all the games in the club prior to the competition?

Yes. Unlike Custom Lists, you are not required to earn anything from the games in the clubs during the competition to earn the points for your House. Just sign up for anything you're eligible to join.

Also guys read the content of the FAQ, don't just be grammar Nazis please :deadhorse:

Edited by BinkUncia