Trophy Survivor: Applications

AlphaCookie

http://i.imgur.com/oBp0uzp.png

This thread is for the submission of applications only. Any other posts will be deleted, and they’ll probably ruin your chance of being selected for the event. If you have any questions or concerns, please directly contact an Events Director.

Submission Requirements

• Must have been a member on or before December 4th, 2014
  • Must have at least 500 posts
  • All applications must be submitted by March 11th, 0:00 GMT.

Application Format

• PSN ID:
  • Timezone:
  • Why should we choose you?:

PSN ID: Alpha_Cookie

Timezone: PST/GMT-8

Why should we choose you?: I'm a well established and very active member on the site, posting daily. Those posts generally without an angry response from a mod. I have a THL history and the awards to prove it so you know I'm up for the trophies and the teamwork required to do well in this event. I also have a particular knack for terribly cheesy application reasons.

You will be notified well in advance of the competition if you're selected. Applicants may also be contacted privately for further questions, this does not mean you've been selected. When you place your application has no bearing on selection, don't get excited unless we tell you to.

Edited by AlphaCookie

PSN ID: The__Noid

Timezone: EST/GMT-6

Why should we choose you?:

I'm the Noid.

Aside from my ridiculously bloated ego, I'd say I have the non-spam posts (mostly) and the awards to show I'm dedicated enough to compete and keep it fun. I've been active in THL, and whenever a chance to get a sexy new award comes along I'm right there with my spreadsheets to get it done.

I love going for unique awards especially, such as my Signature Tournament award which further boosted my ego with my own ugly-ass logo all up in your face. On top of that, I have a unique CoD Tournament award, showing my ability to work in a team (and/or carry their lazy butts). I don't like to stop at just GETTING awards, either. It must be done with style. Along with Xander, I was one of the two people with the first Custom Trophy List awards.

I've submitted many guides for niche games on the site, all of which have been stickied. I have also contributed to the site via my web development skills with various supplements, including the PSTUi Google Chrome Extension, and the Custom Trophy Lists Checklist Site.

On top of all that...

FIRST!

PSN ID: ModernWarbear_2

Timezone: Pacific?

Because I'm awesome. And yeah, that's it! :D

I'm an active member who has contributed towards the site, so yeah. Pick me, pick me! I have also hosted over 20 game nights so I'm quite fond of game nights and competitions.

I also have over 100 platinums so I'm a decent trophy hunter. :)

Edited by Warbear

PSN ID: JORDAN23224

Timezone: EST/GMT-5

I am the one and only Sackboy_LBP Ryukori. Need I say more? :whistle:

I have been an active member for over 5 years. I contribute to the site in several ways. I wrote a few guides, did a bunch of graphics from signatures to banners, maintain some important threads, and helped find HDD requirements for a bunch of games. I also participate in as many site events as I can. I have taken part in THL events in the past, and contributed a significant amount to the team's total. My site awards show all this. :D

Edited by Ryukori

PSN ID: Aeirou

Timezone: EST

I'm not the most well-known member of the site, but I try to contribute in my own way. I have 3 guides that are stuck with 2 currently submitted. I'm both an active member and an active trophy hunter. If I've ever been in trouble with the mods, I don't remember it. I've been a member of the site since 2010 with a post count of about half of some that have only been here a year, but nearly all my posts are there to take part in the community or help someone that needs it. I've taken part in about 3 or 4 THLs as well as at least 16 game nights including the very first (and very last?) PS Vita gamenight. I also ruined that Christmas event with joining all the clubs lol.

Anyway, that's all I can think of. I'd be happy to join in this event as well.

Edited by Aeirou

PSN ID: Vo1cl

Timezone: PST/GMT-8

Alright, you got me... I maybe post some things from time to time that I probably shouldn't. But look I'm owning up to it; it just goes to show how honest I am. I've been a member since the beginning of 2009, although I didn't really become active until around THL 6. But still, being member for over 6 years is a pretty impressive feat!

I've written a half dozen guides for the site, some of which were a right pain (I'm looking at you Towerfall). Two of those guides I even collaborated with a little known PST member who definitely has never won MotM. Speaking of collaboration, I'm also quite the team player. During both THL's I've worked hard with my team and even stepped up to the plate when others had personal matters to attend. I also managed to contribute over 1200 trophies during my first ever THL. I've hosted a Game Night before, and stepped up to host the PvZ Game Night when the original host had a personal matter to attend. In my own personal time I've organized, led, and directed many a destiny Raid, including many failed Flawless Raider attempts. These have been especially trying, because I had to keep a positive and energetic attitude in order to keep the team from giving up. I've also tried to organize a meet-up for Vancouver PST members, and while the turnout was low, I definitely want to try again in a month.

Ask anyone who's spent time talking to me and they'll tell you I'd be a good fit: I'm kind, hard-working, funny, charming, really ridiculously good-looking, have an amazing Blue Steel, and can't turn left.

PSN ID: ggamer15

Timezone: Saskatchewan Time/GMT -6

While I might not have been on the site as long as some other people, in my time here I feel I have shown a great commitment to being involved in everything the site has to offer. While I may have previously gotten in trouble for possibly posting to much, it's only be of how much I love being involved with the site and it's members. From participating in 2 THLs (once as #1 non-competing participant and once as 2nd highest trophy earned), to trying to attend in as many game nights as I've physically been able to. Alongside writing numerous guides by myself or with various other forum members, continually try to be helpful in any way to other forum members with trophy or non trophy related issues.

I thank you for your consideration, and look forward to the start trophy survivor event, whether I am a participant or a spectator.

:psn:: Leo_the_Lion25

Timezone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Hello, I'm Blaze Naruto Shippuden or some members call me Blaze or sometimes Leo for short.

I've been on the site for about 5 years and I'm an extremely active member. I'm an open minded type of guy who speaks freely and equally. I'm a hardcore gamer when it comes down to competition events such as First Person Shooters or Fighting games and I like collecting trophies as a hobby and not as a chore. It is important to put your personally life goals first or education as your number one priority, but I also think it's more fun to have some hobbies that you enjoy doing every now and then. When I'm not gaming my hobbies include reading manga (Naruto and Fairy Tail are the shit), watching TV shows such as The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Flash, or Breaking Bad. I have gotten in trouble about 4 or 5 months ago about TWD TV Series thread. Sure, I know a lot about the series in general, but I've never meant any harm to the TV Watchers Only viewing experience of the show. I've kept my promise and no longer read interviews or advanced previews about the TV Show as well.

While I'm on the site I like browsing and reading through the forums, writing trophy guides, joining community events or leaderboards, and thinking of new ideas or ways to contribute. Over the years I've been a member of the site. I've written many trophy guides and roadmaps. I'm even the member who inspired the usage of Header Images within trophy guides and roadmaps that became so popular to use.

It'll be a great honor if I'm selected as a participant for the first Trophy Survivor event. The "Lion" within me is ready. :cool:

[ame]

[/ame]

• PSN ID: bubman2
  • Timezone: Eastern

I'll try and keep this short so to begin I am one of the few who have participated in every THL so far so I'm not new to trophy competitions. I've also been a member for awhile now and would like to think I'm generally a well liked person. I have made some small contributions to the site as well such as maintaining the trophy leaderboard and the exclusives threads and try to answer questions about my favorite games whenever I see someone in need. In addition I'd say I'm a fairly decent trophy hunter with nearly 6,000 trophies and almost 70 platinums and have a pretty large backlog of games that I could use if needed for the competition. So choose me or don't I'm pretty laid back so my butt won't be hurt if I don't get picked. :)

If I do get picked however then shit gets real if you're my competition as I am the danger, I am the one knocks.

Edited by Eric-B14

PSN ID: Xx_IVIuRdA_xX

Timezone: Central GMT -6

Was going to go with "I'm awesome" but seeing as that's taken..

I'm an active member of the site who thoroughly enjoys the competitions and activities the site has to offer. I'm pretty competitive and I think that'll translate well in this contest and keep things interesting. ;) Over half my trophies were earned during of THLs! :francis:

Also if I'm not selected I will probably throw a temper tantrum the likes of which PST has never seen. Kidding of course, but seriously, If I'm not chosen I will come down on this site like the Hammer of Thor. :|

Just kidding, but please pick me!!! :hug:

PSN ID: Combatting

Timezone: GMT

Because this. No, seriously.

Also if I'm not selected I will probably throw a temper tantrum the likes of which PST has never seen. Kidding of course, but seriously, If I'm not chosen I will come down on this site like the Hammer of Thor. :|

To put it short, and hoping the date doesn't mess with my work schedule. I've participated in a number of game nights which I've thoroughly enjoyed :hug: [Needs TLOU now :francis:] I have also participated in last years THL, and I've wrote a couple of guides for this site. :hug:

PS. I'm pretty shit with these sort of things :whistle:

PSS. Trophies > all

Edited by Combatting

PSN ID: x410xDragon

Timezone: Eastern

These are always hard, but here I go: Personally, I have not been on the site as long as other members, nor do I have much experience as others since I have only been in one THL, while others have been in many. I have however, been an active member on the site for the short amount of time I have been on here. I am not always the first choice, but I do enjoy meeting and gaming with members on the site. At first I may just be a random guy, but once you get to know me after awhile, I promise not let you down. Be I chosen to be on your team or a spectator, I look forward to upcoming event. Thank you for your time. :)

PSN ID: Jerry_Appleby

Timezone: Pacific Time (GMT -8)

Why should you choose me?

You should choose me because I'm a loveable person who always plays by the rules and doesn't cheat to compromise others! I'm also a competitive guy, but I always look out for the best for others! :)

I'm also unique in the way that my PSN is my name, so I have nothing to hide!

I love gaming and playing new games, and I also love Math! (Best subject ever! :D)

I also love animals, especially little kittens :hug: so you should choose me based on that fact too ;)

I guess I should also post something site related too :p

I have been a member of the site for just under 2 years, and I have written a few guides for the site. I frequent the "Leaderboards" forum the most, as I like to compete in many different ways. I also created the PST Site Awards Leaderboard in January and will continue to update it for the months and years to come. I also play piano, so I sometimes post videos of me playing new songs on the Music forum of the site.

For trophies I am a massive completionist! I have over 240 platinum trophies and my completion percentage is over 95%. I try for 100% in every game I play, so you know that I will try my best in a competition like this!

So please pick me!!!!!!!!!! (If not, I won't be mad, I'll enjoy seeing the others compete :))

PSN ID: CooperFyfe

Timezone: GMT +12

I'm an established member of the forums and, while I have slowed down on posting recently, am still a fairly active poster. I also have THL experience including being a part of the winning team in THL 3, as well as participating in a number of casual teams just for the fun and enjoyment of teaming up with people from the site and getting to know some of them a bit better. I'm not sure if this will happen the same way, but I'd love for a similar opportunity in this competition.

Additional notes:

• Spam Post hilarious cat gifs regularly in the Funny Picture Thread
  • Need something to pull me away from Destiny!
  • Scarlett Johansson's boobs

And finally, to sum up...

http://hellogiggles.hellogiggles.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/11/tumblr_luqn93qjZA1qjl3iq.gif

Late Edit: How could you say no to this face?

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/jamie9000000/CooperFyfe%20playing%20Burnout%20Paradise_zpsbx4ie4ia.jpg

Edited by Coop

PSN ID: The_Spider-Fan

Timezone: GMT 0

I've chosen to deliver my case in song...

Spider-Fan, Spider-Fan,

Does whatever a spider can

Spins a web, any size,

Catches thieves just like flies

Look Out!

Here comes the Spider-Fan.

Is he strong?

Listen bud,

He's got radioactive blood.

Can he swing from a thread

Take a look overhead

Hey, there

There goes the Spider-Fan.

In the chill of night

At the scene of a crime

Like a streak of light

He arrives just in time.

Spider-Fan, Spider-Fan

Friendly neighborhood Spider-Fan

Wealth and fame

He's ignored

Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up

Wherever there's a hang up

You'll find the Spider-Fan.

I believe that just about sums me up!

PSN ID: jmac92123

Timezone: PST (GMT -8) is home, but I am never there. Currently in CET (GMT +1 )

Why should you choose me, more like why should I choose you?

Back to reality.....

I am an active gamer and have been a member of the site for some time. I have participated in a few THLs and each time I have been at the top of my team or worked to complete the alternate objective such as the "blackout".

Like so many others I have contributed to the site with guides or even been willing to help people with online trophies for WRC titles and Battlefield. Been part of a few game nights (Hard due to time differences).

Most of all, I typically have free weekday time for gaming as I travel full time for my job. I live in hotels with my PS3 and Vita and make the most of my time when I have an objective to complete on the units. Over the next few weeks I will be in multiple timezones and multiple cities, so gaming time should be well available to make a solid run at a competition.

So I ask you then...why not me.......

-jmac92123

PSN ID: kyorml007

Timezone: GMT-6

Im gonna go a different way the previous aplicants went. Yes, it is truth I have not writen any guide in the site, or have participated in an THL event, but that does ot means I cannot be worthy of this. I have been an active member, am sure some members recognize me, and I even have some site awards to back that up, like a Community event award, to name 1. The reason I have not participated in any THL is the fact that im more of a lone wolf, but that does not mean I can't play well with others, im open to cooperate toward a goal. Also, this way, different people participates, which in turn give variety to the competition. Not sure my trophy count matters in this, but having quite a few trophies and plats says im commited to trophy hunting, something I think is important for that kind of event. So, I await the Events Director's veredict in this, and even if Im not chosen, I'll be watching this from the side lines. Thanks guys!

Edited by KyoRML007

PSN ID: slammajamma28

Timezone: GMT -5

Why should I be chosen?

BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT!!!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif :francis: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif :francis: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif :francis: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif :francis: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif :francis: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif

Edited by Slamma

PSN ID: janne-da-arc24

Timezone: EST

Why should we pick you?:

I know I haven't been a member for very long but I feel I am one of the most active members here. I also try to participate in as many game nights as I can when I have the game. Though I have not written any guides yet I try to give back to the community in my own way, that being my Janne's Japanese Jamboree thread (although it's extremely unpopular :p )

I participated in last years THL and had a blast.

But all that stuff doesn't really matter because there will always be members with more impressive accomplishments than me (more awards etc.)

I feel like I am one of the most chill guys on this forum and am generally a pleasant guy. I do my best to treat everyone with respect and try to help others as much as I can. Although I'll never be MoM material I really do love this site (go completionist leaderboard! :p ) and the people on it.

It would be a great honor to compete and if picked I think I can make the competition really interesting and provide everyone with a good show.

Anyways thanks for your time and good luck to everyone else :)

Edit: Ohhhh! Almost forgot, I should be picked because I like Rush and Vy likes Rush as well! :francis:

This automatically makes us best friends and I am sure that if Geddy Lee were a member of this forum he would insist I be picked as well :D

Edited by janne-da-arc24

PSN: Wdog-999

Time Zone: GMT -5:00

Why should we choose you?: Well, for the time that I've been on here (I believe I started posting frequently around a year and a half ago), I've managed to write a few guides for the site and I run not one, but two leaderboards on the site as well. I'm also very active on the leaderboards as a commenter and I do stop by the Zero Count every now and then.

As for my trophy prestige, I've been achievement/trophy hunting since around 2007, so I'm a veteran at the sport. In three years and a couple months of having my profile, I've managed to get myself to Level 41 (which I'm already halfway through as it is) with 134 plats and over 10k trophies, as well as breaking into the Top 200 in America on PSNP and the Top 1000 in the world on PSNP.

I also have quite a backlog to go through on all of my systems. There's probably at least a hundred games that I own and haven't ever put on my profile yet, including a lot of easier titles. :p

• PSN ID: RemingtonInk
  • Timezone: GMT+1 (CET)
    I could tell you about my contributions to the site *cough*A+ Thread Award, guides written*cough*.
    I could tell you about my THL accomplisments *cough*THL5: 2nd place as a team, 10th place as an individual*cough*.

Instead let me include you on the skill that is going to lead me to victory in this little game called Trophy Survivor: My utter and complete lack of caring for the mental welbeing of my enemies... and my friends.
    I'm in it to win it.

And really, why do people love reality shows? The drama... and I'm here to provide it. :)

Edit: Also:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by RemingtonInk

PSN ID-TheEndOfWhyOU

Timezone= GMT-4

Why should We Choose You?:

Well, I am not going to bore you with my accomplishments list because I am sure you know all about my past with PST. Honestly, it is my home and I love the community. I know I haven't been the most active member around here, but I ask you this; Do you really want to pick someone for this competition whom everyone already knows and knows everything about, or do you want to pick the guy who is barely known by members on the site but who visits frequently. This would allow others to get to know me better. So pick me, please!!!

Edited by BrokenLegacy--

• PSN ID: ionstorm777
  • Timezone: GMT+1

Ok, here goes nothing... :p

Basic details:

I'm a 37 year old male Norwegian. I work a full time job, and try to keep up with the different leaderboards out there, doing what I can from the time and energy I have left.

I won't be able to do those 2000 trophies like the best from the THL's, but I am capable of being the best in my team over several seasons, as I've shown across several THL's.

Oh, as we mention THL's, I've been in all of them.

I have a few easy guides stickied on here, and I've run the http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/leaderboards/251490-psts-top-15-trophy-hunters-every-country.html for quite a while, before I left it into the safe hands of ggamer.

I created the UR Leaderboards http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/leaderboards/220040-ultra-rare-trophies-platinums-leaderboards.html 1 year 3 months ago, with the Nordic Leaderboards http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/leaderboards/226266-nordic-leaderboards.html coming along the same month.

Hosted a few gamenights, got the platinum GameNight award, and contributed with both unknown trophy lists and unknown game HDD install sizes.

As for me and staff, there once was an incident where I was hosting a GN and got a warning for language. Fair enough.

Apart from that I think I have good relations with the staff. :)

Thank you for reading. :)

Edited by Oo Ion oO

PSN ID: russelguppy

Timezone: UK - GMT

Why should we choose you?: I have been in every THL since number 2 (I said number 2 :D ), and have been captain of my team since THL 3. I have a compulsion of getting easy trophies in easy games and generally don't like the more complicated stuff but am willing to give anything a go. If you really want to challenge me ask me to play a first person shooter then watch me be sick whilst streaming it (I blame Dark Forces on the PS One for putting me off FPS's for life). I am a semi-active member of the forums but a very active trophy hunter. I am currently on a 190+ trophy streak and have been getting at least one trophy a day since last September. I have a backlog of a lot of games, have access to all PS Plus games since February 2011 and am also a member of a rental service so should be able to get hold of most games if required. I have had no trouble that I am aware of with any of the site staff and am generally easy going.

Oh and last but by no means least - PICK ME, PICK ME!!!!!!

Edited by russelguppy

PSN ID: cbchaos67

Timezone: GMT

I'm a long term user of the site but have only really been active on the forums for the last year or so, hence my low post count compared to how long I've been registered on the site. I also don't feel the need to constantly post where there isn't really a point. This has probably kept me out of any trouble with 0 run ins with staff.

I have participated in 3 THL's the first being the cross-site competition (Season 5) as part of the "Tales of Sony Titan's" team, which really whetted my appetite. The team however did not last & with the team size increase I subsequently moved on to the Back Door Bandits (which has been superb). Of which I would say I am probably the least known of members. I also took part in most of the advent calendar events & have got the awards to prove it. I was the 2nd person to finish the 12 days of Xmas list after the awesome Mr. Noid (Yeah we beat Xander :dance:). I've also contributed a few guides to the site & had 1 overlooked :pout:

In general I am a good team player & am always willing to help boost games (even if it's something i'm not playing at the time) as several guys on my f/l will testify to. I've took part in several game nights, site boost event's & was the host for one of the Batman Arkham Origin's boost sessions.

As for trophy hunting, I've got over 150 Plat's with a huge backlog to work through & all 3 of Sony's consoles. As for staying power some of my more memorable Plat's that have included epic grinds are:- EA MMA, GTA IV, Resistance 2, Army of 2, Borderlands 2 & I also completed the online part of Unreal Tournament 3, before the servers went offline. I've also not given up on getting the EA Sports Active 2.0 Plat. one day it will be mine :D