Grid 2 Racing Tournament

Attack-Trik

http://i.imgur.com/SObRap9.png

http://i.imgur.com/Jb96buu.png Sign Up and Tournament Rules http://i.imgur.com/Jb96buu.png

1. To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) September 12th AND have over 250 posts. This is restricted to PS3T.org members ONLY.

2. No glitching. No lagging. Play straight or don't play at all.

3. One of our lessons from previous tournaments - please post your PSN ID as well as your user name when you sign up. It'll make identification much easier.

4. The tournament will be done using a league format. Participants will compete in a set of 3 1 vs 1 races each week, with the winner of each race earning a point. The regular season is scheduled to last 5 weeks followed by a championship week for the first and second place competitors.

5. The event will start on October 13th, 2013. The schedule for matchups will be posted at 8:30PM (GMT). They will be randomized. You’ll have one week to get your games in. The scores/result for each week must be sent via PM to an Events Director before the Saturday of the following week.

The schedule will be as follows:

• Week 1: Starts on October 13th - Results must be in by October 19th.
  • Week 2: Starts on October 20th - Results must be in by October 26th.
  • Week 3: Starts on October 27th - Results must be in by November 2nd.
  • Week 4: Starts on November 3rd - Results must be in by November 9th.
  • Week 5: Starts on November 10th - Results must be in by November 16th.
  • Championship Week: Starts on November 17th - Results must be in by November 23rd.

6. It is your responsibility to organize and set up your races within the span of that week. No exceptions to this rule. If you fail to get your match in you automatically forfeit your match and one of the reserve members will be chosen to move on in the tournament (for continuity).

7. The Event Directors will be your contact for this tournament. Any issues/concerns/score reporting etc must sent via PM to them. See rules below for more information.

Specific Game Rules:

1. It is up to you to decide who will host. The following settings must be used. It is up to each member to make sure the proper settings have been used. If they aren’t and you want to dispute the settings that the host created, you will need to provide proof that they were incorrect (via photos), otherwise you’ll have to take your loss. There are no exceptions to these rules.

Race Type: Race

Vehicle Tier: Will be assigned each week by the EDs

Rounds: 3

AI Drivers: None

Grid Order: Random

Collisions: Off

Damage: Visual Only

Flashbacks: 3

Force Manual Gears: No

Track: Will be assigned each week by the EDs

When creating the game, you will also need to close all of the open spots but one in your lobby to prevent random players from joining.

2. Each week, 3 races will be completed and each race will be worth 1 point.

3. Race track and car tier will be announced at the beginning of each week, and racers may use any non-upgraded car in the assigned tier.

4. If a player drops out of the game once it has started for any reason (disconnect, lag etc) then you will forfeit the match. Absolutely no exceptions.

5. Once again your round/game must be completed within the time frame. If it is not and we do not receive your final score, you will receive 0 points for the week.

6. The final result of the round/game must be reported by BOTH members and sent to an Events Director via PM. If there are any disputes over the score then photos of the final score will need to be provided. If visual proof is only provided by one member then that member’s proof will be used; if no visual proof is provided and the dispute cannot be resolved then both members will be disqualified. Please make sure to cover your bases and take photos for proof if you're concerned; otherwise your dispute will be dismissed.

7. In the event that a member is disqualified for whatever reason, a member from the "reserves" list will be allowed to take their spot in the league. The occurrence of this should be rare (because everyone should be on their best behavior) but the rule will be set in place so that we aren't left with a hole in the schedule for the following weeks. This rule is non-negotiable.

8. DO NOT post disputes in the forums. Disputes are to be handled via PM only. This will be strictly enforced and leaves you open to being disqualified.

9. There is a strict zero tolerance policy with this tournament.

If you are going to make allegations of cheating etc then you must provide concrete proof of the issue. If no proof is determined, the claim will be dismissed. If further drama ensues then both members from the match will be disqualified, no questions asked. Additionally problems arising out of any misconduct during this tournament will disqualify you for participation in future tournaments. That includes unnecessary complaining, flaming, drama and/or the breaking of ANY rules stated here.

10.These rules are completely non-negotiable.

Edited by Attack-Trik

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bounty V (Bounty_V)
  • ionstorm777
  • Jamie9000000
  • Mugiwara84 (mugiwara1984)
  • diskdocx
  • czarindustries

Reserves:

• Attack-Trik

Schedule:

[spoiler=schedule]Week 1: Tier 2, Paris LiveRoutes, 6.2 Miles

• Bounty V (0) vs Czarindustries (3)
  • Ionstorm (2) vs diskdocx (1)
  • Jamie9000000 (3) vs Mugiwara84 (0)

Week 2: Tier 1, Hong Kong, Peak Road Descent

• Bounty V (0) vs Jamie9000000 (3)
  • Ionstorm (1) vs Czarindustries (2)
  • diskdocx (2) vs Mugiwara84 (1)

Week 3: Tier 3, Red Bull Ring, GP Circuit, 2 Laps

• Bounty V (0) vs diskdocx (3)
  • Ionstorm (3) vs Mugiwara84 (0)
  • Jamie9000000 (3) vs Czarindustries (0)

Week 4: Tier 4, Dubai LiveRoutes, 6.2 Miles

• Bounty V (3) vs Ionstorm (0)
  • Jamie9000000 (3) vs diskdocx (0)
  • Czarindustries (0) vs Mugiwara84 (0)

Week 5: Tier 3, Algarve, GP Circuit, 2 Laps

• Bounty V (3)vs Mugiwara84 (0)
  • Czarindustries (0) vs diskdocx (0)
  • Jamie9000000 (2) vs Ionstorm (1)

Championship: Jamie90000000 vs Ionstorm

Race 1: Chicago LiveRoutes, 6.2 Miles, Tier 2

Race 2: Yas Marina, GP Circuit, 2 Laps, Tier 4

Race 3: Cote D'Azur, Route D'Azur, Tier 3

Leaderboard:

1)Jamie9000000 - 14

2)Ionstorm - 7

3)Diskdocx - 6

3)Bounty V - 6

5)Czarindustries - 5

6)Mugiwara84 - 1

Edited by Attack-Trik

So for the vehicles, is it any car in the tier? or identical vehicles?

Based on the description I would assume any car in the Tier, which is decided for each event ahead of time by the EDs. Not sure if there will be any limitations there i.e. DLC cars banned, or base cars (no customizations). Might be something to clarify.

The only problem I see with any car in the tier is that noy everyone has the best cars, if it's somebody with the best tier 4 car, vs somebody with the loan SLS, I would say that's slightly unfair. That's just my opinion though.

You're forgetting that people can buy the Unlock pack for $6.99 USD (cba to convert prices) that unlocks all cars for MP :whistle:

In that regard it's perfectly fair. You don't ask people in a Battlefield Squad tournament not to use things they unlocked at level 40, so I don't see why they should limit what cars we can use based on our level.

I'd be interested in participating. Every tournament needs some people to fill out the ranks and be eliminated in round 1 :cool:

I do think that, in the interest of fairness, a specific car with no upgrades should be used.

This is a 1 vs 1 test of skill. Having someone with a fully upgraded car vs a base car is hardly a fair test of skill.

To put a different way, there is no disadvantage to a skilled player dropping down to a base car. With a level playing field, the winner should be the better driver, not the better car.