Persona 4 Arena - Tournament

THE-123-GAMER

http://i.imgur.com/Zuf6Cio.png

1. To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) September 3rd AND have over 250 posts. This is restricted to PS3T.org members ONLY.

2. No glitching. No lagging. Play straight or don't play at all.

3. One of our lessons from previous tournaments - please post your PSN ID as well as your user name when you sign up. It'll make identification much easier.

4. The ladder will hold up to 8 players and will be double elimination. If there is more interest then the tournament will be opened up to more people. The first 8 members to sign up that meet the sign up requirements will be placed in the tournament. If 8 spots are filled, a reserves list will be kept for all additional sign ups. The event will span a total of 5 weeks (dependent on sign up numbers), with 16 games the first week, 8 the second week, 4 the third week, 2 the fourth week and the final and third place play off on the 5th week. If sign ups indicate a smaller time frame, the last few weeks will not be necessary.

5. The event will start on October 4th, 2013. The brackets for the games will be posted at 8:30PM (GMT). They will be randomized. You’ll have one week to get your games in. The scores/result for each week must be sent via PM to an Events Director before the Saturday of the following week.

The schedule will be as follows:

• Week 1: Starts on October 4th (8:30pm BST) - Final scores must be in by October 11th (8:30pm BST).
  • Week 2: Starts on October 11th (8:30pm BST) - Final scores must be in by October 18th (8:30pm BST).
  • Week 3: Starts on October 18th (8:30pm BST) - Final scores must be in by October 26th (8:30pm BST).

6. The brackets for the following week will be posted on the Friday following the score deadline at 8:30PM (GMT)

7. It is your responsibility to organize and set up your matches within the 6 day span. No exceptions to this rule. If you fail to get your match in you automatically forfeit your match and one of the reserve members will be chosen to move on in the tournament (for continuity).

8. The Event Directors will be your contact for this tournament. Any issues/concerns/score reporting etc must sent via PM to them. See rules below for more information.

Specific Game Rules:

1. It is up to you to decide who will host. The following settings must be used. It is up to each member to make sure the proper settings have been used. If they aren’t and you want to dispute the settings that the host created, you will need to provide proof that they were incorrect (via photos), otherwise you’ll have to take your loss. There are no exceptions to these rules.

2.Best 2 out of 3 matches will be played, each match will be a best 2/3 rounds with 99 seconds on the clock.

3.Recommended stages to ensure the less amount of lag possible you want players to pick either the School Yard Night (Mitsuru Stage) or Music Room (Yukiko Stage). Also it would be advised to let the full intro at the start of the match play out to buffer any lag that might be in the game.

4.Winner of a match must use the same character for the next match while the loser has the option to pick another character.

5. If a player drops out of the game once it has started for any reason (disconnect, lag etc) then you will forfeit the match. Absolutely no exceptions.

6. Once again your round/game must be completed within the time frame. If it is not and we do not receive your final score, a reserve member will take the spot in the next week's bracket.

7. The final result of the round/game must be reported by BOTH members and sent to an Events Director via PM. If there are any disputes over the score then photos of the final score will need to be provided. If visual proof is only provided by one member then that member’s proof will be used; if no visual proof is provided and the dispute cannot be resolved then both members will be disqualified. Please make sure to cover your bases and take photos for proof if you're concerned; otherwise your dispute will be dismissed.

8. In the event that both members from a bracket get disqualified for whatever reason a member from the "reserves" list will be allowed to take a spot in the next bracket. The occurrence of this should be rare (because everyone should be on their best behavior) but the rule will be set in place so that we aren't left with a hole in the bracket for the following week. This rule is non-negotiable.

9. DO NOT post disputes in the forums. Disputes are to be handled via PM only. This will be strictly enforced and leaves you open to being disqualified.

10. There is a strict zero tolerance policy with this tournament.

If you are going to make allegations of cheating etc then you must provide concrete proof of the issue. If no proof is determined, the claim will be dismissed. If further drama ensues then both members from the match will be disqualified, no questions asked. Additionally problems arising out of any misconduct during this tournament will disqualify you for participation in future tournaments. That includes unnecessary complaining, flaming, drama and/or the breaking of ANY rules stated here.

11.These rules are completely non-negotiable.

Credit to Setsuna and AppleKratue for helping with the rules and settings.

Edited by THE-123-GAMER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. AppleKratue
  2. Setsuna (AzureRevolver)
  3. Info (CompSci88)
  4. Ninja95 (ninja-star95)
  5. RYU81 (RYUXHoshiXHayabu)
  6. electroNICK (electroN1CK)
  7. doomgun (deldoomgun)
  8. Syaoran369 (syaoran369)

1. Reserves:
  2. fancyfox (Fancy_Fox)
  3. pstevo123 (fisty123)
  4. greenzsaber
  5. SolitaryGenesis

Edited by THE-123-GAMER

Week 1

RYU81 (RYUXHoshiXHayabu) V electroNICK (electroN1CK) - Winner

Winner - Info (CompSci88) V AppleKratue - 2-1

Syaoran369 (syaoran369) V Ninja95 (ninja-star95) - Winner - 3-5

Setsuna (AzureRevolver) V doomgun (deldoomgun) - Winner - 1-2

Week 2

electroNICK (electroN1CK) V Ninja95 (ninja-star95) -

Winner - doomgun (deldoomgun) V Info (CompSci88) - 2-0

Loser Bracket

Winner - Setsuna (AzureRevolver) V AppleKratue - 2-0

Winner - Syaoran369 (syaoran369) V RYU81 (RYUXHoshiXHayabu)

Week 3

Winner - doomgun (deldoomgun) V electroNICK (electroN1CK) - 2-0

Loser Bracket

Ninja95 (ninja-star95) V Info (CompSci88) - Winner 2-0

Winner - Setsuna (AzureRevolver) v Syaoran369 (syaoran369) - 2-0

Week 4

Winner - Setsuna (AzureRevolver) V Info (CompSci88) - 2-0

Week 5

Winner - Setsuna (AzureRevolver) V electroNICK (electroN1CK) - 2-0

Week 6

Setsuna (AzureRevolver) V doomgun (deldoomgun)

Edited by THE-123-GAMER

Thanks for the message Setsuna <3

I was always bad at this game and its been a while... but that's okay hehe. Sign me up :D

Lets have fun ^^

No problem ~! Please don't forget to sign up properly by posting your PS3T username and PSN ID like everyone else has.

Edited by Setsuna

I know the list isn't full yet, but can I be added to the reserves as a backup if someone drops out? I forgot how to play this game and it would be way too embarrassing if some of you got a perfect off of me :whistle:

I'd rather have someone who can play better than me to get the #8 spot.

PS3T Username: fancyfox

PSN: Fancy_Fox

Can we set up the first round during this Friday or Saturday? (October 4th - October 5th)

Because I live in Asia and theres usually a 8-10 hours timezone difference between me and the rest of the members on this site, so if possible it would be great to let the games take place during a night where I can stay up for as long as I'm willing to, without worrying about getting up on time early in the morning for work ..... :p

That way I can be online and play with you guys when it's like 4:00 a.m. for me but 8:00 p.m. UK time.

Edited by doomgun

Can we set up the first round during this Friday or Saturday? (October 4th - October 5th)

Because I live in Asia and theres usually a 8-10 hours timezone difference between me and the rest of the members on this site, so if possible it would be great to let the games take place during a night where I can stay up for as long as I'm willing to, without worrying about getting up on time early in the morning for work ..... :p

That way I can be online and play with you guys when it's like 4:00 a.m. for me but 8:00 p.m. UK time.

The tournament starts at 8.30pm tomorrow night, I can post the bracket tonight so you can set something up with your opponent a bit quicker if you can.

The tournament starts at 8.30pm tomorrow night, I can post the bracket tonight so you can set something up with your opponent a bit quicker if you can.

I think posting the brackets tonight would be better, that would be nice to be able to get matches set up quicker ~!

Edited by Setsuna

Info (CompSci88) V AppleKratue

2 - 1

Congrats Info :applause:

I expected Info to kick my :ass: and a lot of perfect matches, but the matches were a lot closer than I thought. I managed to win the first match somehow, but lost the other two due to Instant Kills. Both of them. Yep, I fail :whistle:

Good luck to all other participants with their matches :)

Info (CompSci88) V AppleKratue

2 - 1

Congrats Info :applause:

I expected Info to kick my :ass: and a lot of perfect matches, but the matches were a lot closer than I thought. I managed to win the first match somehow, but lost the other two due to Instant Kills. Both of them. Yep, I fail :whistle:

Good luck to all other participants with their matches :)

You're still in losers bracket :whistle: