XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > >
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:24 PM   #111
Setsuna

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   PST's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   Signature of the Month Winner   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

When do the challenges start ? Or do we just randomly await a PM from the staff member we face.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:34 PM   #112
Killer85500EXE

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Well, since all COD ones are full. Ill sign up for other.

PSN ID: Killer85500EXE

Game: Farcry 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozamil View Post
The title is only temporary, but it's a title of shame, so you shouldn't want it.

Now tell me if you would rather have the title over a site award. And I've seen some award icon mock ups, and they look sweet.
IMO these shame titles are awesome, so for me its like a WIN-WIN situation. I dunno, maybe Im just a masochist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
When do the challenges start ? Or do we just randomly await a PM from the staff member we face.
Yea I was wondering this too.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:47 PM   #113
TheDearGunther

Awards Showcase Donator Level 1   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Bronze   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PST's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

I was gonna wait a bit to find out which of the games from that list that I own that I'm best at (since I don't excel in anything), but I better sign up before it's too late.

psn: g-unither
game: Red Dead Redemption poker

Quote:
The title is only temporary, but it's a title of shame, so you shouldn't want it.

In case anyone wants an idea of what titles the staff dished out last time, look towards the bottom of the first post here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tou...-must-die.html

Now tell me if you would rather have the title over a site award. And I've seen some award icon mock ups, and they look sweet.
Those still seem alright (and sometimes even fun) to have as a title.

Last edited by TheDearGunther; January 3rd, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:10 PM   #114
Bic80
AnybodyButUnited

Awards Showcase First Subscriber Game Nights   Donator Level 1   Basic Subscriber   Platinums We Have Earned On High   Jingle Spells   Member of the Month Winner   10,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PST's 5th Birthday Game Night Series

I dont have any others so i dont mind sitting as a standby for this one

Credit to Haptism for the Signature
Fantasy football league - Football prediction league

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:18 PM   #115
BreadSkin
House Triangle's Whip

Awards Showcase The Last of Us Subscriber Tournament Champion   Subscriber & MotM Clubs Silver   First Subscriber Game Nights   Basic Subscriber   Donator Level 1   Staff - Super Moderator   Maximum Clubs Gold   Platinums We Have Earned On High   Jingle Spells   THL Season 7 - Blackout   Bread's ''Y U No Play These Gamez?!''   Lab's ''Did Someone Say Chimichanga?'' List
Total Awards: 31 (more» ...)

Apparently, I am to play in a majority of these matches since a lot of staffers are busy.

I can't fly or drive a vehicle for shit, I can't even get a headshot at point blank range. Not sure why we're doing this again since we're just going to lose .

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:34 PM   #116
OnceFallen

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Silver   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Jack of All Trades   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Gold   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
They can be as soon as 5 minutes from now to as late as whenever. Basically we are posting a list of who has signed up and picking our victi...err opponents. Once we make a pick we will contact that member and try to arrange a time & date to do everything. There are quite a few of the games that multiple staff signed up for so you might get the challenges faster in those, others might only have one person so those might take longer if they have other challenges ahead of them. There are few that have been arranged already, but there are a few of us that probably won't start til at least next week or later due to scheduling issues. Like it says in the rules, we all have lives outside the site as we as duties to do on the site, so while it might take a little while, we will get to them all eventually.

~Every now and then a lifetime needs a second chance, to find another one, like you, don't forget your better reason, all your silly risks will bring you down, oh several years of bitter Mondays take a heavy toll and then you realize, it's you until you make this easy harder, no one else will care if you're around~
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:47 PM   #117
Setsuna

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   PST's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   Signature of the Month Winner   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceFallen View Post
They can be as soon as 5 minutes from now to as late as whenever. Basically we are posting a list of who has signed up and picking our victi...err opponents. Once we make a pick we will contact that member and try to arrange a time & date to do everything. There are quite a few of the games that multiple staff signed up for so you might get the challenges faster in those, others might only have one person so those might take longer if they have other challenges ahead of them. There are few that have been arranged already, but there are a few of us that probably won't start til at least next week or later due to scheduling issues. Like it says in the rules, we all have lives outside the site as we as duties to do on the site, so while it might take a little while, we will get to them all eventually.
Alright, I just wanna know since I have to rent my game out so I just wanted to get an idea of the date.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:59 PM   #118
OnceFallen

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Silver   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Jack of All Trades   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Gold   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Quote:
Alright, I just wanna know since I have to rent my game out so I just wanted to get an idea of the date.
That's not a problem, basically we'll be sending out feelers sometime soon and then it's up to you and that staff member to set it up. There isn't a timeframe you have to meet once you're contacted, so you'll have time to go out and get the title before hand, you just will want to make sure set the time & date before hand just to make sure that staff member can play while you have the game.

And just a heads up to everyone, there's only one title I am solely doing the challenges for and I absolutely, positively, 100% completely suck at it, so if you pick it, it'll be an easy win (...or not, muwahaha)

~Every now and then a lifetime needs a second chance, to find another one, like you, don't forget your better reason, all your silly risks will bring you down, oh several years of bitter Mondays take a heavy toll and then you realize, it's you until you make this easy harder, no one else will care if you're around~
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #119
Dangles

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   2,500 Posts   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Bronze   Bright Idea!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Quote:

In case anyone wants an idea of what titles the staff dished out last time, look towards the bottom of the first post here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tou...-must-die.html

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I forget the reasoning behind the name I got, if their was one.
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #120
Johnny Bananas
LEGEN…wait for it…DARY!

Awards Showcase Donator Level 1   Bronze Subscriber   MLB 14: Home Run Derby Champion   Word of Mouth - Platinum   PST's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Bronze   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstlh View Post
As FIFA 13 is full, I'll try NBA 2k13 but please, go easy on me

PSN - tomstlh
I doubt you'll have an issue with me as 2K13 is the only basketball game I've played since NBA Live 10.

Please message me your availability so we can figure out a date and time that works for both of us.