Super Street Fighter IV Tournament Rules/Sign Up

GlennThomas

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5666/ssfivtournamentbanner.png

http://i.imgur.com/jnPYIRj.png Signing Up Rules and Ladder Rules http://i.imgur.com/jnPYIRj.png

1. To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) December 5th AND have over 250 posts. This is restricted to PS3T.org members ONLY.

2. No glitching. No lagging. Play straight or don't play at all.

3. One of our lessons from previous tournaments - please post your PSN ID as well as your user name when you sign up. It'll make identification much easier.

4. The ladder will hold up to 32 players and will be single elimination. The first 32 members to sign up that meet the sign up requirements will be placed in the tournament. If 32 spots are filled, a reserves list will be kept for all additional sign ups. The event will span a total of 5 weeks (dependent on sign up numbers), with 16 games the first week, 8 the second week, 4 the third week, 2 the fourth week and the final and third place play off on the 5th week. If sign ups indicate a smaller time frame, the last few weeks will not be necessary.

5. The event will start on January 6th, 2013. The brackets for the games will be posted at 8:30PM (GMT). They will be randomized. You’ll have one week to get your games in. The scores/result for each week must be sent via PM to an Events Director before the Saturday of the following week.

The schedule will be as follows:

• Week 1: Starts on January 6th - Final scores must be in by January 12th.
  • Week 2: Starts on January 13th - Final scores must be in by January 19th.
  • Week 3: Starts on January 20th - Final scores must be in by January 26th.
  • Week 4: Starts on January 27th - Final scores must be in by February 2nd.
  • Week 5: Starts on February 3rd - Final scores must be in by February 9th.

6. The brackets for the following week will be posted on the Sunday following the score deadline at 8:30PM (GMT)

7. It is your responsibility to organize and set up your matches within the 6 day span. No exceptions to this rule. If you fail to get your match in you automatically forfeit your match and one of the reserve members will be chosen to move on in the tournament (for continuity).

8. The Event Directors will be your contact for this tournament. Any issues/concerns/score reporting etc must sent via PM to them. See rules below for more information.

Specific Game Rules:

1. It is up to you to decide who will host. The following settings must be used. It is up to each member to make sure the proper settings have been used. If they aren’t and you want to dispute the settings that the host created, you will need to provide proof that they were incorrect (via photos), otherwise you’ll have to take your loss. There are no exceptions to these rules.

• Game Type - Private
  • Private Session - Yes
  • Time Limit - 99
  • Rounds - Best of 3

To clarify, each match-up will consist of a 3 round fight with a time limit of 99. The player who wins the best of three fights will progress to the next stage in the tournament.

Note - Please also be aware of the Arcade Edition DLC for this game. Please ensure that both players either enable or disable any DLC for the purpose of this tournament to ensure that all players have equal rights to characters etc. This can be done via in-game menus.

4. If a player drops out of the game once it has started for any reason (disconnect, lag etc) then you will forfeit the match. Absolutely no exceptions.

5. Once again your round/game must be completed within the time frame. If it is not and we do not receive your final score, a reserve member will take the spot in the next week's bracket.

6. The final result of the round/game must be reported by BOTH members and sent to an Events Director via PM. If there are any disputes over the score then photos of the final score will need to be provided. If visual proof is only provided by one member then that member’s proof will be used; if no visual proof is provided and the dispute cannot be resolved then both members will be disqualified. Please make sure to cover your bases and take photos for proof if you're concerned; otherwise your dispute will be dismissed.

7. In the event that both members from a bracket get disqualified for whatever reason a member from the "reserves" list will be allowed to take a spot in the next bracket. The occurrence of this should be rare (because everyone should be on their best behavior) but the rule will be set in place so that we aren't left with a hole in the bracket for the following week. This rule is non-negotiable.

8. DO NOT post disputes in the forums. Disputes are to be handled via PM only. This will be strictly enforced and leaves you open to being disqualified.

9. There is a strict zero tolerance policy with this tournament.

If you are going to make allegations of cheating etc then you must provide concrete proof of the issue. If no proof is determined, the claim will be dismissed. If further drama ensues then both members from the match will be disqualified, no questions asked. Additionally problems arising out of any misconduct during this tournament will disqualify you for participation in future tournaments. That includes unnecessary complaining, flaming, drama and/or the breaking of ANY rules stated here.

10. These rules are completely non-negotiable.

Edited by GlennThomas

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Frost Monarch (UMVC3_Vergil)
  2. Azlanslayer (Irritix) *
  3. honda hoe (hondahoe_) *
  4. Hentekorino *
  5. DP21 (DPatriot) *
  6. electroNICK (electroN1CK)
  7. Molasar *
  8. VeeT1 (Vietnam1)
  9. grimydawg (gr1mydawg) *
  10. Setsuna (AzureRevolver) *
  11. HiryuMK *
  12. blazenarutoshippuden (Leo_the_Lion25) *
  13. SirkSirk *
  14. McGarnigle (FoFBackUp) *
  15. Info (CompSci88)
  16. OmegaDenmad *
  17. RYU81 (RYUXHoshiXHayabu) *
  18. Threnzy *
  19. DRAGON1NINJA *
  20. drummersc007

* = This member has the DLC for this game.

Reserves:

1. OnceFallen *

Edited by GlennThomas

Tournament Fixtures and Results

Week 1 - Results

[spoiler=week1results]

HiryuMK * vs Azlanslayer (Irritix) *

2 - 0

DP21 (DPatriot) * vs Info (CompSci88)

0 - 2

Hentekorino * vs VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

0 - 2

Frost Monarch (UMVC3_Vergil) vs honda hoe (hondahoe_) *

0 - 2

Setsuna (AzureRevolver) * vs SirkSirk *

2 - 0

electroNICK (electroN1CK) vs blazenarutoshippuden (Leo_the_Lion25) *

2 - 0

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) * vs Molasar *

2 - 0

OmegaDenmad * vs Drummersc007

2 - 0

DRAGON1NINJA * vs McGarnigle (FoFBackUp) *

0 - 2

RYU81 (RYUXHoshiXHayabu) * vs Threnzy *

2 - 0

Week 2 - Results

[spoiler=week2results]

HiryuMK * vs electroNICK (electroN1CK) *

2 - 0

Info (CompSci88) vs OmegaDenmad *

0 - 2

RYU81 (RYUXHoshiXHayabu) * vs honda hoe (hondahoe_) *

1 - 2

McGarnigle (FoFBackUp) * vs VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

0 - 2

Setsuna (AzureRevolver) * vs grimydawg (gr1mydawg) *

0 - 2

Week 3 (League Stats & Results)

[spoiler=week3results]

HiryuMK *

HiryuMK * 1 - 2 honda hoe (hondahoe_) *

HiryuMK * 0 - 2 grimydawg (gr1mydawg) *

HiryuMK * 1 - 2 OmegaDenmad *

HiryuMK * 0 - 2 VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

honda hoe (hondahoe_) *

honda hoe (hondahoe_) * 2 - 1 HiryuMK *

honda hoe (hondahoe_) * 0 - 2 grimydawg (gr1mydawg) *

honda hoe (hondahoe_) * 0 - 2 OmegaDenmad *

honda hoe (hondahoe_) * 0 - 2 VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) *

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) * 2 - 0 HiryuMK *

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) * 2 - 0 honda hoe (hondahoe_) *

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) * 1 - 2 OmegaDenmad *

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) * 2 - 1 VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

OmegaDenmad *

OmegaDenmad * 2 - 1 HiryuMK *

OmegaDenmad * 2 - 0 honda hoe (hondahoe_) *

OmegaDenmad * 2 - 1 grimydawg (gr1mydawg) *

OmegaDenmad * 1 - 2 VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

VeeT1 (Vietnam1) 2 - 0 HiryuMK *

VeeT1 (Vietnam1) 2 - 0 honda hoe (hondahoe_) *

VeeT1 (Vietnam1) 1 - 2 grimydawg (gr1mydawg) *

VeeT1 (Vietnam1) 2 - 1 OmegaDenmad *

HiryuMK *

Games Played - 4/4

Games Won - 0/4

Games Lost - 4/4

Total Points - 0

honda hoe (hondahoe_) *

Games Played - 4/4

Games Won - 1/4

Games Lost - 3/4

Total Points - 3

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) *

Games Played - 4/4

Games Won - 3/4

Games Lost - 1/4

Total Points - 9

OmegaDenmad *

Games Played - 4/4

Games Won - 3/4

Games Lost - 1/4

Total Points - 9

VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

Games Played - 4/4

Games Won - 3/4

Games Lost - 1/4

Total Points - 9

MOST POINTS/WINS

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) * & OmegaDenmad * & VeeT1 (Vietnam1) - 3 Wins (9 Points)

LEAST POINTS/WINS

HiryuMK * - 4 Losses (0 Points)

Week 4 (Semi Final Results)

[spoiler=week4results]

grimydawg (gr1mydawg) * 1-2 VeeT1 (Vietnam1)

honda hoe (hondahoe_) * 0-2 OmegaDenmad *

Edited by GlennThomas
Tournament Update.

Oh most definitely!!! Now that it's free on plus I got it =D Nice to be in a tourney that isn't so time specific ^.^

:psn:SirkSirk

Oh yeah, correct me if I'm wrong. But it goes - first to win 2 rounds wins the match, first to win 2 matches wins that bracket, correct?

Edited by SirkSirk

But it goes - first to win 2 rounds wins the match, first to win 2 matches wins that bracket, correct?

The point I have highlighted with green is correct. As for the text in red, that will depend entirely on the number of people that sign up. The fixtures for the games will be posted when the sign up period closes.

Edited by GlennThomas

I'll sign up, but I expect I'll be beaten soundly in my first match. I'm not particularly good at this game :whistle:

PSN: FoFBackUp, I have the DLC.

are there any rules surrounding 'cheap' tactics?

like spamming focus attacks or jabbing ur opponent then throwing them while they are blocking?

series veterans will know what i'm talking about

Why would there be? Doing that stuff is just as viable as anything else if your opponent can't stop it. The only thing I'd be worried about is if there's unplayable lag or if people can't even connect at all, which is certainly possibly given the servers in this game.

are there any rules surrounding 'cheap' tactics?

like spamming focus attacks or jabbing ur opponent then throwing them while they are blocking?

series veterans will know what i'm talking about

I don't see how they are considered ''cheap'', they are easily countered.

Focus Attack: Armor breaking special moves, Throw, multi-hit normal attacks/special moves, Super/Ultra or simply jump away to safety.

Jabbing to Throw AKA Tick-Throw: If you anticipate that, Throw too and you will do a Tech Throw or do a Special move. You can also avoid it by jumping away after the jabs.

Edited by AegisAvenger