Tournament Wishlist & Discussion

Tuffinz

OidLDQF.png 

As you can see we've made a separate forum for Tournaments and Competitions. Our hopes are to regularly begin offering more tournys and competitions separate from Game Nights.

Please use this thread to give us your ideas on future tournaments and/or competitions. Be as specific as you can be and make sure that what you're recommending is a doable option. Just like the game night wishlist thread we'll monitor it and take into consideration your suggestions, wants etc.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask any of the Event Directors. It's our goal to keep the community actively participating in site events by bringing forth new game nights, tournaments and competitions that everyone will enjoy and be excited to take part in.

The list below is going to be an updated tally of the votes for the different games requested by the community for tournaments. These games will be separated by Month starting February 2016 (as this was the last discussion about ideas which the most recent tournament currently running is based on), with the highest voted game at the top to help keep it organised. Each +1 comment for a particular game from a member will add one single vote (Note: that negative comments will not cause votes to be taken away from a game). Each member can vote for as many different games as they want, just only once per game (so basically no spamming please :spam:). Any vague suggestions just based on genre will not be counted under the list of specifically requested games straight away. However these ideas will still be considered, with the view to add that genre of game to the list if a specific name is mentioned at a later date during the discussion. To help with keeping track of ideas I will list the name of the game and a brief description of the rules suggested, however I will also provide a link to the original post from the member if the idea is complicated/ there is alot of discussion about it, so that if people want more information they can go there without me cluttering up the game list.

Each month the ED's will review the list of requested games and try to give tournaments to fit with the communities requests from previous months. However this is still at the discretion of the ED's as some games may become unsuitable at any time due to problems such as server issues, or if there is very few votes/ a tie in votes the ED's will determine which game will be the most popular.

Note: Despite the ideas being separated out by months, there will not be a tournament this frequently. However we will do our best to run them as and when we can, if the demand is high enough :).

List of Currently Requested Games:

March 2016:

• Pure Pool Tournament (Snooker, 8-ball or Accumulator) - 1

February 2016:

• FIFA Tournament - 6 (Current Tournament Here)
  • Rainbow Six: Siege tournament - 3
  • Battlefield 4 - 1
  • CoD Ghosts - 1
  • Far Cry 4 - 1
  • Killzone Merc/Shadow Fall - 1
  • Minecraft Tournament - 1
  • NHL Tournament - 1
  • The Last of Us - 1
  • UFC Tournament - 1
Edited by Viper

A new 2D fighting game tourny please. Since I haven't bought P4A, I'll recommend SFxT.

SFxT probably wouldn't get alot of entrants.

Super Street Fight IV Tournament been wanting it forever. :francis:

This will more than likely get more entrants then SFxT by a long run.

As far as fighters go I would love to see a tournament for Persona 4 Arena. If you guys are looking to run multiple tournaments here are your top choices atm:

1. Persona 4 Arena
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  3. Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012

If Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is out when this happens I think it would be a very strong candidiate as well, maybe Dead of Alive 5 but its reputation isn't as strong to TTT2.

Alternative Tournaments:

• Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend (most if not all players are playing P4U/P4A atm)
  • Virtua Fighter 5 (Havent heard much about it since EVO as well)
  • Street Fighter x Tekken (not recommended, its been rejected in the FGC and is a completely joke now)
  • King of Fighters XIII (Netcode is too horrid and its community is pretty limited)
  • Skullgirls (I think players are waiting for the patch coming out but I honestly haven't heard anything about it for a long while, since EVO)

Remember last time we had a LARGE amount of entrants for SCV yet out of that 30+ votes the game couldn't even break the minimum entrants needed so if a vote is held again I think there names should be public and if possible have their gamercard posted to show they actually have the game. Sorry if this seems like a rant but it bothered me so much that it seemed like people voted for a tournament they had no intention of entering which resulted in a failed tournament for the game.

Id like to see Super street fighter 4 AE tourn personally.

I do have Mk and MvC, Sf x tekken comes tommorrow! Gamefly had it in bin for 11 bucks and i get 5 bucks off all games anytime so $6, dont care if people do say it sucks, had to snatch it up! Just name a game so i can pratice couple weeks before hand :)

Yes, great to hear the support for a 2D fighting tournament so far. After the success of Tekken 6 specially, it should be right up there with the "most definitely going to happen" football tournaments.

As far as fighters go I would love to see a tournament for Persona 4 Arena. If you guys are looking to run multiple tournaments here are your top choices atm:

1. Persona 4 Arena
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  3. Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012

If Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is out when this happens I think it would be a very strong candidiate as well, maybe Dead of Alive 5 but its reputation isn't as strong to TTT2.

I think all of those should be strong candidates because of mass appeal and popularity. More nod to P4A and TTT2 since they are or will be the newest. Plus we all love BlazBlue (likely CSX) as well and if its a poll again, that should warrant consideration.

Remember last time we had a LARGE amount of entrants for SCV yet out of that 30+ votes the game couldn't even break the minimum entrants needed so if a vote is held again I think there names should be public and if possible have their gamercard posted to show they actually have the game. Sorry if this seems like a rant but it bothered me so much that it seemed like people voted for a tournament they had no intention of entering which resulted in a failed tournament for the game.

Agreed, I think a lot of us fighters were a bit bothered by that. Nothing against Tekken 6 either, but a more modern 2D fighter tourney really would satisfy the fighting community here.

What about MW3 Face off?

There is 1v1 and 2v2, so you could do either.

If you do 2v2 you could allow teams to sign up, then group everyone else into 2s.

It would be nice before Black Ops II.

I don't think we've done a doubles competition (except some of rockets must die) so would be something different.

Edited by TheManUtdFan

Couldn't we work with non-traditional tournament games if we fix the rules?

I AM NOT SUGGESTING MORE CALL OF DUTY, JUST USING THAT GAME AS AN EXAMPLE!

Let say that someone makes a FFA last like about 30 minutes with an infinite kill capacity and the top two scorers moving up to the next round. That way at least 8 people can be in each group. We would obviously have to see how many would participate.

Dungeon Defenders (a tower defense game for those who don't know this game) has a point system that is party based. We can have teams of 4 people do a round on the level and difficulty that is designated by a coordinator. Everyone has to do the same level and difficulty as the amount of enemies change from level to level as well as the points given from each difficulty. On high difficulties there is a chance that the team might fail and poorly placed defenses will allow enemies to penetrate and attack the core directly.

These are just complicated ideas and I don't mind if they are shot down. I am okay with regular fighting games too, I just know that I will lose for sure.

I suggest as they are the only ones I have:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Mortal Kombat (9)

Street Fighter IV

Tekken 6 (maybe not since you guys have already done one before)

Does the online work for MvC2 (I wouldn't mind getting it...)?

A 4v4 shooter tournament. Battlefield 3, or any Cod could work, that's quite a range of games to choose from. I don't think its been done before either, so yeah that could be one to think about :)
Or Killzone 3. Definitely Killzone 3. Killzone 3 tourney sounds good.

*ahem*

Killzone 3

Just want to make sure you all see that. ;)

Let say that someone makes a FFA last like about 30 minutes with an infinite kill capacity and the top two scorers moving up to the next round. That way at least 8 people can be in each group. We would obviously have to see how many would participate.

And we can make it CoD4 Knives Only so I can win. :whistle:

------

Anyway, what about Borderlands? They have those little 4 player battle arenas in the game. Could make for an interesting tourney. Would need a few rounds though, maybe 8 groups of 4 week one, and then the winners from that go into 2 new matches and then the winners of those two matches square off on the third week? Depends on sign-ups I guess.

Oh yeah, and Killzone 3. :francis:

If they wanted a more retro fighting game tournament Marvel vs Capcom 2 and 3rd Strike Online Edition are very good choices (for those mentioning more fighters) but I'd still like to see more updated games.

If I had to recommend games from other genres here are my choices:

• Tetris (everyone loves Tetris lol)
  • Worms (As DP recommend Worms is so fun to play)
  • Magic The Gathering (For the card game fans, I personally love YGO and I'm not sure how they handled the PSN games but I guess its something to throw out there)
  • Need for Speed or Blur (not sure which version is preferred but we can't be without racing games either)

Depending on how far in the future you do it Playstation All Stars is most definitely a game you should do a tournament (if not a tournament then a game night)

Here's an idea for a tournament: A complete racing tournament.

concept:You list a number of race games and them all to the competition.

You make teams with around 10 members (depends on how many can compete in a game) and you just race and try to be the best racer over all racing games.

Ranking

Dependable with how many are in a group I'd say:

1. 10pts

2. 8 pts

3. 6 pts

4. 5 pts

5. 4 pts

6. 3 pts

7. 2 pts

8. 1 pts

9. 0 pts

10.0 pts

All points will be added to the player's total

ex: First game = whipeout (I finished 1st)

I have 10 pts

second game is modnation (I finished 5th)

I have now a total of 15 points

So on untill all the games are through.

Finals

To make it easy :whistle:, multiple groups will be made with around 10 players per group (if possible for the game)

At the end of all games all lists will be converted into 1 big list.

The first ten players will have to race each other in a game chosen by the event team and you can choose to either add the points to the list, or just keep the results of this last race as the final top 10.

Penalties

It can happen that you can't join a race, due to work or wathever. If it happens once, give a warning. If it happens frequently you can give a penalty score.

• Viper changed the title to Tournament Wishlist & Discussion