Rate the trophy difficulty...  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 1 month later...

Just got my (P). Total time was about 52 hours over the course of 6 days and I'm gonna break it down like this:

Understand Japanese, have a checklist of Dates, Imagines and Mind Breaks for each girl, *and* have the Infinite Satori DLC for 300 Yen: 6/10 (This was my personal vote).

Don't understand Japanese, but have all the rest of the above? 8/10.

Don't understand Japanese and don't have any of the above? 10/10.

Definitely one of the harder Visual Novels out there (though it's actually much more of a full-fledged Dating Simulation than it is a Visual Novel) - The requirements for a lot of the Dates, Imagines and Mind Breaks are extremely esoteric, and the fact that there is a high level of randomness to the majority of the game's events means that there's a whole lot of save/load action and experimentation involved to arrive at a desired outcome. Dates are the most tedious in this regard since there is no in-game counter for them (a few are tied to CGs, but even more of them are not) and 100% Dates are required for デートマスター (G), which is the hardest trophy in the game.

I'm also convinced that Mayu's True End route is bugged/glitched. It took me literally 1/4 of my total playtime just to get that one route to work out, and I had to read through the entirety of an 800+ post thread about it on 2ch before I managed to successfully trigger it.

Touch Shot is an extremely fun game and a pleasant surprise from Compile Heart (I'm becoming more and more impressed with them as a developer, this generation!) but like White Album, it's definitely not what I'd call import-friendly for most people.

• 7 months later...

I vote 7. It took me around 60 hours to get the platinum. It is the hardest visual novel that I played as there are too many randomness in the game. And also like the above poster said, the hardest trophy to get is the Date Master due to inability to see what dates you have seen so far.

At the time I posted this, there exists no strategy guide for the game, and the only available guide in the internet is still a bit iffy. Due to the lack of information on how to trigger the events plus the added (unnecessary) randomness in the game, just simply following a guide will not guarantee you platinum. It still needs experimentation in your side. You can't follow it anyway, since a few days into the game and you'll find out the girl appears in a different place than what the guide says.

I had a hard time triggering 3 of Kaya's imagine events when I was following the guide, so I decided to play my own way. I finally got all of them (and I got them one after another) at my 4th run of her route. It seems those 3 events were related flag-wise. The other two imagine events will trigger if you have triggered the first one. There are so many factors in this game (affection, tension, BBS, mail, other flags) that I didn't know what triggered the first one in the chain.

Mayu's True End is not glitched by the way. You need to activate Satori at the end of the crawling event to trigger the flag. If you haven't bought the unlimited Satori pack, your Satori gauge will be empty before you can get to that part, thus it is very easy to miss. There is also an important flag to get to her True route, which is near the end of August (IIRC), that the protagonist will automatically take out his yPhone but you have to press X to put it away (normally people wouldn't have thought of that). Again, it is very easy to miss.