Sprite Slaughter House help ???

babygeez11

If you can get up to a category 6 or higher before grabbing Fire Flyers, you should be able to start a chain. The smash ability allows you to grow quickly through the earlier categories. I've gotten to 69 or so before petering out. This was on the first God of Thunder zone.

Edited by droolster

Literally. Holding on to all of the Fire Flyers until you accumulate 100 means that you can't absorb any until you have all 100 grabbed. You have to grow to a category 8 or 9 before the large buildings containing Fire Flyers can be destroyed. The larger you grow, the more likely it is that you will destroy a small item containing 1 or 2 Fire Flyers. As there are only 100 Fire Flyers per level, absorbing just one will fail you. Also, grabbing and absorbing multiple Fire Flyers at one time nets you additional precious seconds on the clock, so you'll never get any additional time in the zone.

I'm going to try a few more times today and send the game back to Gamefly tonight. I may have to rent it again if someone comes up with a stellar idea to complete this trophy.

Don't even get me started on the "Waldo's Daddy" trophy. Another tough one...8(

I really dont want to give it away. It is really fun to find this on your own. I can say that it is not possible on every level...

Well you cant use the ground stomp or the dash while holding fire flyers so that doesnt help. Sucking up water doesnt do anything that Ive noticed.

Come on give it up haha....youd make a lot of people pretty happy. If you dont want to give up the exact info maybe tell us what level(s) it can be done on?

Im a couple levels away from beating the game so maybe theres something after that that will help?

I really dont want to give it away. It is really fun to find this on your own. I can say that it is not possible on every level...

That is interesting... I'm hoping to get this game soon so hopefully someone (or myself) will figure it out.

I'm already guessing it's in one of the later stages that this trophy is only possible on. Would I be correct?

Ok so I thought I was being slick and on the end boss where....SPOILER BELOW:

you destroy the orbs and all the fire flyers escape running away...I held R1 to try to grab them and then absorb them but no dice....am I close blendy? All I need for platinum are these 3 fire flyer absorbing trophies and the unlock all bonus items (which is another story in itself)

Edited by Lamplitersniper

I just managed to get the silver trophy for the sprites ... Sprite Cowboy. I got it on double wide damage. The first few sections are training. Well, I kept avoiding the fire fliers as best I could but couldn't avoid all of them. It's a pretty easy stage so maybe Sprite Slaughter House is possible on this.

Also for Waldo's Daddy, I've noticed the last unlockable film is related to score. Don't ask me how to get a gold score though sigh. As easy as this game was, I may have to give up on the platinum.

I just managed to get the silver trophy for the sprites ... Sprite Cowboy. I got it on double wide damage. The first few sections are training. Well, I kept avoiding the fire fliers as best I could but couldn't avoid all of them. It's a pretty easy stage so maybe Sprite Slaughter House is possible on this.

Also for Waldo's Daddy, I've noticed the last unlockable film is related to score. Don't ask me how to get a gold score though sigh. As easy as this game was, I may have to give up on the platinum.

As for the sprite slaughter...something tells me theres a trick somewhere...the way blendy put it was it was "fun to figure/find it out on your own"... so to me that says theres some kind of trick we are missing that will allow you to hold onto the sprites longer or move faster or something that makes it possible.

As for the bonus clip...I dont know... I cleared out everything on Double Wide and still dont have it. I wonder if you have to have a perfect run in one go such as getting all stone stompers, water spirits, fire flyers, and perfect run in the vortex race. Ugh...

This is getting frustrating.

Well I don't know if I found what blendy was talking about because it wasn't anything special or "fun to find". But I finally got it! Did it with some careful planning and bring very quick on the zone 3 of carnival chaos level. Feels good to get it and I believe I'm the first in the world to get this trophy.

Now just need to do the bonus items and I'll have the platinum. And yes the score is what causes the clip to unlock ad it unlocked in the level I got the perfect 100 flyers on.

Well I don't know if I found what blendy was talking about because it wasn't anything special or "fun to find". But I finally got it! Did it with some careful planning and bring very quick on the zone 3 of carnival chaos level. Feels good to get it and I believe I'm the first in the world to get this trophy.

Now just need to do the bonus items and I'll have the platinum. And yes the score is what causes the clip to unlock ad it unlocked in the level I got the perfect 100 flyers on.

Hello fellow Trophy/Achievement advocates, I am from x360a and while playing this game checked here periodically for any info. Since then I have 1K the game, or in your terms Platinumed the game.

I have written the achievement guide over on x360a and have all essential info needed for the Platinum or 1K "whichever it is lol"

Here is the link...

Achievement Guide - Xbox360Achievements.org

Hope you will find it helpful, and if I can get my capture card working properlly I will make a video of the 100 Fire Flyers at once aka Sprite Slaughter House...

If NE has an xbox feel free to message me on XBL or x360a, since I just signed up to help you guys, seeing I dont have an PS3 I wont be on here that much...

Hello fellow Trophy/Achievement advocates, I am from x360a and while playing this game checked here periodically for any info. Since then I have 1K the game, or in your terms Platinumed the game.

I have written the achievement guide over on x360a and have all essential info needed for the Platinum or 1K "whichever it is lol"

Here is the link...

Achievement Guide - Xbox360Achievements.org

Hope you will find it helpful, and if I can get my capture card working properlly I will make a video of the 100 Fire Flyers at once aka Sprite Slaughter House...

If NE has an xbox feel free to message me on XBL or x360a, since I just signed up to help you guys, seeing I dont have an PS3 I wont be on here that much...

U bet man I use your guys site alot myself and seen your guide 4 the game there i plan on using it after I plat Madden

My english skill is poor. Hard for me to explain in English.

I draw picture how to get 100 Flyers

http://w2.avis.ne.jp/~utld/CCLV3.gif

Hey bud I just wanted to congratulate you on becoming the first in the world to get platinum. Awesome job. You beat me haha. I only needed the Waldos Daddy trophy to get it but I havent been able to play at all in the past week or so. Hopefully Ill be second or third haha.

That is also the exact path that I took to get the sprite slaughter house trophy. Nice map haha.

I have got everything but all the bonus stuff...The problem is getting gold medals for scores ive got 4 of them done but the other 4 are just really hard to figure out where to start...could you maybe just share a little knowledge on every level...any advice u could give would be great man....Gotta give u guys credit this is a very challenging game though....

Sorry for being gone for so long ;)

Im surprised as this is 100 fire sprites in a way that I though may be possible, but had never actually done.

I may post a vid later with what we had in mind.

Yeah I figured this wasnt what you were talking about as there wasnt anything tricky or "fun to find out" in this method.

Im with prime beaver.... I have about 3 levels that I need score gold medals in to get my waldos daddy trophy and then the platinum. Im getting really frustrated with the game.

Can you at least post up the lowest "high score" you can get on each level and get the gold medal? Right now Im working under the assumption thats its 750K per zone so for double wide and coastal calamity its 1.5M and for the other 3 zone areas its 2.25M... is this correct or?