99 kills?

CaptFrost

Has anyone gotten this? Do you know if it has to be in a specific mode, or only in ranked, or something like that? I could SWEAR I've gotten at least 100 kills by now, I've won several 15-kill deathmatches plus a number of kills in other gametypes and no trophy yet.

Only thing I can think of is half or more of those have been unranked games.

Also, I noticed on the Ultimate Top Gun leaderboard it says I only have like 34 kills... I hope that doesn't have to be satisfied because I dunno what to do for that. I've gotten more than 34 kills in the last two hours, nevermind the last two days.

Edited by CaptFrost

Okay, yeah, it must have to be ranked. I'm definitely well in excess of 100 kills now and still no trophy. Gonna do nothing but ranked and see what happens.

EDIT: It's glitched. I now have >100 kills EACH in both ranked and unranked and no Target Rich trophy. :/

Edited by CaptFrost

I just got it. It appears you have to do it all in one session. I surpassed 198 kills with no trophy, so 99 missile or gun kills by then is impossible to not have. I finally got it exactly 99 kills after I started playing without quitting. Quitting appears to reset the counter.

I'm not sure if it counts unranked kills or not. If it does, yes, you can boost with a friend. If it's ranked only, then you can boost but it'll be a lot harder as you'll have a number of other people in the game gunning for you both.

That said, it took an ace-level flier like me (:p) about an hour and 45 minutes to accumulate 99 kills the legit way, and that includes time searching for and loading games and warmup time. So even if you can only get kills half as frequently as me you're only looking at about 3 hours. Not great, but not terrible either. Certainly FAR less time than the Pattern is Full trophy. No reason you can't take breaks and just leave the PS3 on and Top Gun running either.

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky to get into a deathmatch game with a couple of guys who really weren't all that great. I was able to win each time (15 kills per round). So it was over after 7. Got the trophy in about an hour along with No Points For Second Place.

It really matters how much luck you have getting into a lasting game. When I was searching for games, theirs was one of only two games that showed up. Luckily they kept playing.

• 2 months later...

So can anyone confirm this must be done in ranked or unranked games? I'm currently sitting in a session right now, but there's pretty much no online community. :(

Update! I got the trophy. I can confirm that this works on unranked and ranked multiplayer kills. I spent most of my day playing unranked. Eventually I thought this wasn't working, so I played a ranked match. Midway through my 1 and only ranked match, the trophy popped. The key here is do not exit the game. You can back out to the main menu, you can leave your session, u can quit matches (not sure how that effects your kill count tho), but do not quit the game to the PSN menu. I kept my game on the entire time. Good luck trying to get this one.

Edited by Rerirerance

• 1 month later...

Update! I got the trophy. I can confirm that this works on unranked and ranked multiplayer kills. I spent most of my day playing unranked. Eventually I thought this wasn't working, so I played a ranked match. Midway through my 1 and only ranked match, the trophy popped. The key here is do not exit the game. You can back out to the main menu, you can leave your session, u can quit matches (not sure how that effects your kill count tho), but do not quit the game to the PSN menu. I kept my game on the entire time. Good luck trying to get this one.

Ahh this will make it easier!