Top Darts - Roadmap & Trophy Guide

Bendtner92

Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: N/A

-Offline: 9 (5(B), 2(S), 2(G)).

-Online: None.

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 20-30 hours.

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1.

-Number of missable trophies: None.

-Glitched trophies: None.

-Does difficulty affect trophies? Yes, "Silver Cup Winner", "Gold Cup Winner" and "TOP DARTS!".

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? N/A.

Introduction:

On the way to 100%, Top Darts will test your ability to repeat a specific shooting rhythm, but also test your math skills as you on World Class difficulty won't be given any notifications of what you need to hit to win the game. On the other difficulties you will be notified of this though.

For the two Cup trophies you will need to play on Semi-Pro and Pro difficulties respectively, and some of the Platinum Darts required for the "TOP DARTS!" trophy can only be obtained by playing on World Class difficulty.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Completing the tutorial and taking a photo for your avatar

The tutorial will give you a short introduction to the game of darts as well as giving you useful tips and explaining you how to play this Playstation Move required game in general. After completing the tutorial take a photo for your avatar for a very easy "Poser" trophy.

Step 2: Playing Stack-Up

This step has two purposes. First, it will net you two trophies along the way. Second, it will familiarize you with how the dartboard actually works. Later in the game it might be useful to know exactly where each number is placed on the board, so while progressing through this mode try not to look too much at the numbers, but instead try to remember where each number is placed. Also, you should try and find a specific shooting rhythm for later in the game. Find a rhythm that works for you (a rhythm that give you a fairly accurate shot pretty much every time), no matter how it looks like. You will be taking a lot of shots throughout this game, and not having a specific shooting rhythm will most likely result in some inaccurate shots here and there.

Step 3: Playing League and Cup mode

Now you'll want to enter the League mode of this game, which consists of four levels. You'll be starting out in the Amateur League, then Semi-Pro, Pro and finally the World Class League. Each League has their own difficulty attached, so as you progress through the league system you will be facing harder and harder opponents as well as getting worse and worse aim. During the Semi-Pro and Pro League you should head over to the Cup mode and win the Silver and Gold Cups and get the two attached "Silver Cup Winner" and "Gold Cup Winner" trophies. Why you should do this is because you're already familiar with exactly that difficulty from the league system.

Step 4: Obtaining Platinum Darts

This last step will be the hardest of the four and will require both skill and a little luck. Luckily you will after the first three steps now be a master at this game (or at least be much better), so with a little patience you should be able to obtain the 12 Platinum Darts required for the "TOP DARTS!" trophy. Should you need a little help though, you can take a look at my Platinum Darts Guide.

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

Trophy Guide

(B) Bronze Trophies (B)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/05.jpg Semi-Pro Motion http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Gain promotion to the Semi-Professional League

See "World Champion".

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/06.jpg Silver Cup Winner http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Win the Silver Cup

The Cup type is based on the difficulty chosen, so for this trophy you will want to enter Cup mode and choose Semi-Pro as your difficulty (note: If you play the Silver Cup while or just after completing the Semi-Pro League, you will already be familiar with the difficulty). Just play the games as you normally would, aiming for T20's every time, and this trophy should be relatively easy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/07.jpg Half Stacked http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Complete Level 10 of Stack-UP

See "Fully Stacked".

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/08.jpg 180! http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Score 180 with 3 darts in x01 at Semi-Pro or above

In a Classic x01 match in either Cup, League or Games mode with the difficulty at Semi-Pro or higher simply score 180 points by hitting the T20 area with your three darts. Make sure that there's enough room in the T20 area for all three darts, so with the first dart hit the left side of the area, middle area with the second dart and right side with the third for example. Repeat two more times for the trophy.

It must be done with your three darts within the same turn, so you can’t hit the T20 with the last two darts in one turn, and then hit the T20 with your first dart in the following turn or something similar.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/09.jpg Poser! http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Take a photo for your User Avatar

Easy trophy. Simply go to your profile in-game, head to the avatar selection screen, pick an avatar and just take a random picture. Then save your avatar and the trophy should pop.

(S) Silver Trophies (S)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/03.jpg Gold Cup Winner http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_silver.png

Win the Gold Cup

The Cup type is based on the difficulty chosen, so for this trophy you will want to enter Cup mode and choose Pro as your difficulty (note: If you play the Gold Cup while or just after completing the Pro League, you will already be familiar with the difficulty). Keep aiming for T20's, and also make sure that, if you do miss the T20, you still hit the 20 points - so make sure to stay far away from the 1 and 5's. Hitting those can cost you a fair amount of points. Considering that it's very, very rare for your opponent to score 180 in a round (even on World Class difficulty) you should be able to win this Gold Cup with little problems.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/04.jpg Fully Stacked http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_silver.png

Complete Level 20 of Stack-Up

Enter the Stack-Up mode for this trophy. Choose any difficulty you like, as the trophy can be obtained on either one.

In this mode numbers will be dropping down at the right side of the screen one at a time every five seconds. As these numbers drop, you will need to remove them by hitting them on the board. You will need to keep momentum as it’s game over when ten numbers are stacked at the right side. Fortunately your progress is saved if you’re game over. Just re-enter the challenge at whatever level you made it to.

Throughout this challenge, bonus markers will be available to hit for bonus points as well. You don’t really need to hit these since they are only adding to your highscore, which are completely irrelevant for obtaining the trophy. Although, once in a while a special Bullseye bonus marker will be available; which will clear out your current stack of numbers when hit. Hit this bonus marker if your stack of numbers is building up.

After completing level 10 you will obtain the "Half Stacked" trophy.

(G) Gold Trophies (G)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/01.jpg World Champion http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_gold.png

Win the World Class League

For this trophy you will need to enter League mode and play at least four seasons (or 36 games). As you progress through the four Leagues the difficulty will be raised accordingly (Amateur difficulty in Amateur League, Semi-Pro difficulty in Semi-Pro League etc), so you should have little to few problems in the first couple of seasons (also note that in the three lowest leagues you only have to be in the top two to promote to the next league). You just need to hit T20's all the time and then finish each Leg by doing the Checkout shown on the screen.

In the World Class League though, you will be challenged in a different way than you have before, as you here won't be shown what Checkout you need to do. This means that you have to calculate the Checkout yourself. Combined with a timer on each of your shots this might be too hard in the first few games. Therefore you might want to play some games outside the League mode first (on World Class difficulty that is). When you feel that you're able to calculate the Checkout without running out of time on your shots start the season. Make sure that you win the league at the end of the season, and the trophy is yours. You are now also the World Champion.

After promoting from the Semi-Pro League you will obtain the "Semi-Pro Motion" trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/838/02.jpg TOP DARTS! http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_gold.png

Earn Platinum Darts for all Classic and Novelty games

For this trophy you will need to obtain a Platinum Dart in all Classic and Novelty game modes. It's practically every single game mode. (note: To enter the Novelty game modes, make sure you have Sim-Play set at Yes in the Games mode). You can see both the requirements for Platinum Darts and also what Platinum Darts you're missing in your Profile Section. For example, the requirement in High Score is 540 points.

Some Platinum Darts will be easier to obtain than others. However there are a few very difficult ones, where you will need some luck too. Also note that most of the Platinum Darts can only be obtained when you're playing on World Class difficulty. A few only require your opponent to be World Class difficulty, and I think there's a couple where difficulty doesn't matter at all.

All this is covered by my Platinum Darts Guide, where you find strategies etc on all Platinum Darts.

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

Platinum Darts Guide

Classic x01 701: Perfect Game (12 Dart Finish)

For this Platinum Dart you will need to play on World Class difficulty. Your opponent's difficulty is irrelevant.

To obtain the PD you need to do a 12 dart finish, which means you have to score three 180's and then do a 161 Checkout. This is a difficult one, and I strongly suggest you to play a lot of World Class games before attempting this one.

What you need to do is practicing on hitting T20's pretty much all the time. When you think you have found a rhythm where you can hit the T20 fairly easy, enter a x01 game on World Class difficulty. The easy part is actually hitting those three 180's in a row, because you have found the right rhythm to do so. The hard part is doing the Checkout of 161, because you here have to hit the T20, T17 and the Bullseye (doesn't matter which way) with your three darts.

Just keep trying and eventually it'll come.

High Score: Highest Score (540)

The next PD is a fairly easy one now. You get 9 darts, by which you have to score as many points as possible, which is doing three 180's. After the first PD, this shouldn't be that hard.

I'm pretty sure you have to do this one on World Class difficulty too (and again, opponent's difficulty doesn't matter). However, you can do a quick run on Amateaur first and see if that's enough or if that only nets you a Bronze Dart.

High: Best 3 Dart Score (180)

Another easy PD. You just have to make a single 180 to get this one. Not much else to say.

Once again I'm pretty sure you have to do this one on World Class difficulty too (and again, opponent's difficulty doesn't matter). However, you can do a quick run on Amateaur first and see if that's enough or if that only nets you a Bronze Dart.

Around The Clock: Fewest Darts (20)

This game mode is in my opinion a joke, which make the PD a joke as well. It's plain easy basically. I'm not sure how the difficulty affects it though, but even on World Class difficulty it's just plain easy, so there's no problems there.

You do need to make sure that you win the diddle for the middle though, otherwise the opponent will win. After winning that, just hit every number 1-20 without missing and the PD is yours.

Alternatively you can just be the other player yourself (you'll be playing with the same motion controller), and just miss a few times with player 2, so that your player 1 will win anyway. Do this by selecting 2 players on the Game Set-Up screen.

Cricket: Forced Cedes

Another very easy PD. I'm not sure if I did it the easiest way though, but here's what I did. Also note that difficulty doesn't matter here, so both yourself and the opponent can be playing on Amateur difficulty.

Anyways, start off by winning the diddle for the middle. Then close the 20 by hitting the T20. Hit the T20 once more to score 60 points. At this point your opponent pretty much has no chance of catching up to you, as long as you just keep closing the rest. So with your third dart, close the 19 as well. Once your turn again, close the 18, 17 and 16. Wait for your turn, then close the 15 and finish the game by closing the Bullseye by hitting the Bullseye and Outer Bull with your last two darts.

You should now have forced a cede and obtained the PD for it.

English Cricket: Perfect Out (2 Innings: 10 Darts)

Now comes the hardest PD of them all. But actually it's not as hard as it could be. That is because it's either a little bugged or the PD description is wrong. The description says you need to use no more than ten darts total in the two rounds you're the Bowler (where you have to hit the Bullseye and Outer Bull). However, you will obtain the PD even if you mess up in the second round. Meaning that you only have to use no more than five darts in the first round as the Bowler.

To make things worse though, this PD can only be obtained while playing on World Class difficulty. Okay, so to use no more than five darts in a round you need to place all five in the Bullseye (and not the Outer Bull). That is a lot harder than it sounds, because to do that you have to fit three darts in the Bullseye at the same time, and that is tough.

So in the first round as the Bowler try and fit the first three darts in the Bullseye. Try to spread them out a bit (yes you can't really spread them out that much, since the Bullseye is very small, but that's what you need to do). If you succeed, wait for your turn and then fit the next two darts in the Bullseye to end the round. If you, during this first round, fail, restart the match. If you succeed in using no more than five darts in the round, then you just have to finish the match to get the PD. As I mentioned earlier, no matter what you do in the second round as the Bowler you will still get the PD.

Soccer: Fewest Darts (11)

This is actually a pretty easy PD, but there's only one way to get it. Make sure that you choose two players on the Game Set-Up screen. You need to be both player 1 and 2 (you will be playing with the same motion controller). The reason for this is that the CPU will never miss the Bullseye and Outer Bull 9 times in a row, which he has to. So once in the game remember that it has to be player 1 that wins the game by using no more than 11 darts.

It doesn't matter who wins the diddle for the middle. Just make sure that player 2 stays away from the Bullseye and Outer Bull on all his darts. With player 1, hit the Bullseye (or Outer Bull) with his first dart, and then just score 10 goals by hitting any double on his next ten darts. Again, make sure that player 2 stays away from the Bullseye and Outer Bull with his darts.

For this PD, I'm again fairly sure that you have to be playing on World Class difficulty. It shouldn't be a problem though.

Tic-Tac-Toe: Fewest Darts (3)

Another easy PD. After winning the diddle for the middle (you don't have to though, since the opponent probably won't win on his first three darts anyway), you need to close three numbers so that they form a line either vertically or horizontally by using no more than three darts (an example is by closing 12, 11 and 7). You can win the game by forming a line diagonally as well, but you can't close the Bullseye in one dart, so you won't get the PD that way.

So once your turn hit any treble to close the first number. Then hit two more trebles so that you a have formed a line either vertically or horizontally.

Once again, I think the PD is only obtainable on World Class difficulty.

Warfare: Fewest Darts (10)

Another easy PD. Make sure you win the diddle for the middle, and then just hit the numbers without missing (note that you need to hit the numbers below your own avatar and not the numbers below the opponent's avatar).

World Class difficulty is required.

Cat & Mouse: Perfect Game (Got Cheeses and Mouse)

For this PD you need to collect all four cheese pieces in round 1, and catch the mouse in round 2.

Round 1: To collect the cheese you need to land on the area with the cheese and then hit it. To do that in fewest darts (not a requirement though) as possible, I have here listed what to hit: Double, cheese, triple, double, cheese, triple, cheese, triple, double, cheese and then finish the lap with a single.

Round 2: Just go for triples and doubles and you should be fine here. Though note that if you're playing on World Class you might struggle with the triples and possibly doubles, so maybe it's faster just hitting singles?

I think World Class difficulty is required here, but I also think your opponent's difficulty can be Amateur. I'm not entirely sure though.

Fusewire: Fewest Darts (10)

This PD can be a little hard, but once you figure out how the pointsystem works it's quite easy. To get the PD you need to win in ten darts exactly. I'm not really sure if it is possible to play on Amateur difficulty, but I actually think it is. I know that your opponent can be set to Amateur without any problems, and that's something you really should do.

The one thing you need to do is always know how many darts you have used. Start out the game by hitting singles and no doubles or triples. It is possible to do it with singles only, but the opponent can 1. Hit one of the bonuses showing up to get some lives back (I think anyway) and 2. Hit a number where your dart already is, but not yet exploded, to take over that number so to speak (his dart will be replacing yours).

If one of those things happen, you will need to hit one or more doubles or triples to catch up. When you have gotten your opponent down to a single life (you can see that on his fusewire), make sure that you have used exactly 9 darts so far, then hit another number to finish the game. If you have used less than 9 darts, you need to hit some wrong numbers before finishing the game.

Mayhem: Big Ticket Numbers (T20/T19/T18)

Last PD here. For this one there shouldn't be a difficulty requirement, so I suggest playing this one on Amateur as it can be a little hard.

Anyways you have one minute to hit both the T20, T19 and T18. That doesn't sound that hard right, but to make things a little harder, the board will be rotating clockwise. Luckily the opponent doesn't seem to go for anything but singles (on Amateur at least), so you don't have to worry about him hitting one of them. I can't really give more advice than I have. Just go for those triples.

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

I can't find the novelty games.

I have 2 move controllers and set it for 2 players and select a novelty board but when I search through the games I see none of the games like fusewire, cat and mouse etc...

Where are they?

Thanks,

Cory

Head to Games, then be sure to select "Yes" to Sim-Play, as these 3 modes are hidden within there. I'll note this in the guide as well. And you can only play these with 1 controller.

Good guide so far but you only need 1 space in between trophies.

Fixed ;)

• 2 months later...

Okay so it's been a while, but after some problems on my end, I've now updated the guide and I consider it pretty much complete.

I've also started on the Platinum Darts guide and I'll finish that either later today or tomorrow at some point.

Any tips or improvements to the Trophy guide and/or Platinum Darts guide are very welcome.

• 2 months later...

The Silver Cup Winner and Gold Cup Winner trophies are stackable. Just choose "Cup" then choose "Pro" on SKILL LEVEL. Select 8 CONTESTANTS as well, since it will take the shortest amount of time.

Once you win, both trophies will pop.

Good guide by the way, thanks!

• 5 months later...

I think you should update the platinum dart guide. You can get the english cricket platinum dart using the Skyline Lounge Novelty board which has two bullseyes! They also seem slightly bigger than the standard board making this loads easier!

Also, I had to play at world class difficulty to get the platinum darts for every one... I don't think it matters what your opponent is, but you definitely have to be at world class difficulty.

Edited by skippycue

• 2 years later...

Nice guide, but as the post above said, I think we have to play on world class difficulty to achieve platinum darts. Amateur - bronze, semi pro - silver, pro - gold.

Otherwise this guide has been very useful. I still have a long way to go tho. I'm finding it hard to be consistent.

I have only 1 platinum dart to go and what I found is, the 301,501 or 701 platinum dart game can be completed on 301. 140, 161

Also, fusewire was a right bitch for me, I did it in 11 gos once. It's good to.mention if you throw a dart in the number but at a double or triple and it explodes your opponent will lose 2 or 3 fusewire. Anyone else have trouble with those darts falling out real easy?

• 8 years later...

Found a pretty consistent way of shooting treble 20 (for the high score game where we need to hit there 9 times in a row) and that was my last platinum dart.

First of all, I used one of the novelty boards in one of the areas, can't remember its name now, but it was a green board and I think the treble 20 area is slightly wider on this board which helps to fit 3 darts in one turn.

And the throwing method... Instead of aiming at the treble 20 area and trying to move the controller in a straight line at a certain power/speed, I threw the darts very slowly on a certain spot way above the target. Basically, you aim at a certain spot, move the controller very slowly, just enough to let the game know you're throwing a dart, and at the end of your movement, you'll see the white dot (your starting position) and the red dot (your finishing position) and you can line them up and then release the move button. This way, the dart lands way below the spot you were aiming for, but it's always the same distance. Because your shot is slow, but very accurate. So you can actually know how far below it'll land on. It's much easier to line up treble 20 shots this way.

I took a random dent on the board as a guiding point and I aimed a bit above there and did this. And the darts almost always landed on where exactly I wanted them to.

It's still not that easy. Because if you wait too long at the end of your hand's movement, the speed drops even more, so the dart lands below where you want. So you need to release the button at around the same time everytime, but it's still much easier than trying to aim at the exact spot with a powerful shot.

Good luck :)

Edited by emboliformis