Hangar - C O M B O

szyszaczek

I have problem with getting combo on Hangar. I easily gets to last O, but my speed is so low I allways stops at center of helicopter pad. Is there way to speed up from manual? On Video I see that ppl is getting faster on first O on first rail. I fail to do it. My speed is slowing every time I do switch from rail to manual etc. I have maxed Tony Hawk. I dont do the tricks like on video. Maybe I should do ollies rather than holding X to jump? Help!

After collecting B and switching to manual, you can try grinding the cement blocks to the right of the helipad towards the last O. Also try starting the same way you would on the Ain't 'fraid of no ghosts trophy - Ollie onto the C rail and manual straight off of it without jumping. That should give you a big boost in speed at the beginning.

Edited by bs000

Going down an incline will speed you up. If you drop off the rail where the first O is and do a manual instead of a grind, you can turn left and steer into the quarterpipe and quickly start another manual towards the chopper to get a bit more speed.

Pretty sure everything else only slows you down. Grinds are good for keeping momentum though.

Edited by bs000

Continuing a manual for an extended period of time without going downhill will REALLY slow you down. You're better off jumping and going back into the a new manual to get you further.

For this COMBO specifically, here is the best method, and I have well more than enough speed for all the letters. Don't manual through the helipad, but grind the concrete instead. I tend to also do Nosegrinds, although I'm unsure if they're faster.

Hopefully this helps you out. COMBO starts at 0:10.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGXcQ4xaOO8]Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - The Hangar - Projectives - All Objectives - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Maka

Even though you got it already, I just wanted to add one more thing at the start of the COMBO, when collecting the letter C don't jump off the rail. Instead while grinding mash UP and DOWN on the D-pad quickly and repeatedly.

When you end the grind you will be in a manual at a much higher speed than if you had jumped off. This extra speed will continue to help you through the goal as you collect the other letters. I did not have to grind the nearby cement blocks since I had enough speed to keep me going to the end. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I got COMB all in one combo, but approaching the final O I had no speed so I just landed my manual, and 'tick' - I got the COMBO goal without collecting the last letter.

The final O just stays at the top of the outside quarter pipe and cannot be collected.

Same here. I got the whole COMBO just after getting the B, barely outside the hangar. Anyway, I found it good idea with these combos to be in air as much as possible to not spend your balance. Instead of grinding over the half pipe in the beginning, swerve slightly to the right and back left to air over the pipe, picking up C and you have to only enter manual for the shortest time.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...