Rate the trophy difficulty  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating 5.49

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rated the platinum difficulty a 5/10.

I've completely raped every single THPS title for Playstation (except Ride and Shred) and I've even whipped THPS2X on my friend's Xbox (just to see the 5 other levels). Needless to say, I'm a THPS veteran.

There are several things about this game that will have you cursing a nasty streak but, if you have a bit of patience, the platinum is very easy to get.

Just a few of my personal thougts on the game:

1. THE CONTROLS:

-There is no revert. The worst thing about it is, they don't tell you there's no revert AND to kick you in the crotch even further, there is a revert animation if you press the button and the right time so, you'll think you're busting out the biggest combo but, wondering why your combo is always starting over.

-There is no option to turn off auto kick and to make it worse, it takes a long time to slow down making those precision based moves very frustrating.

-For the first time in the series' existence, the rotations are on the 2's and not the 1's. It's no biggie but, feels weird at first.

-The ollies are massive which makes it extremely hard to judge where you're gonna land.

-You won't gain speed by doing flip/manual/flip/manual.

2. THE LEVELS:

-I'm getting SO tired of seeing the same levels over and over. I think this is the 5th time for most of these levels to grace the series. Mr. Hawk is clearly using his name for the dollars. I can't help but think there's some legal/contract/ownership/money issues behind the use of these levels.

3. THE MUSIC:

-A mix of THPS2 and some new ones. It's a small soundtrack and I've already heard the old songs at least 1,000 times each so, if you're like me, the music will be shut off before you get the platinum because the newer songs aren't enough to keep me around. Yes, we get it; you're a bomb and you're about to blow up.

4. THE EXTRAS:

-Simply put; there is none. Those of you expecting to get some new, sick videos of the pros after you finish their main career, let me squash that for you right now. There are no videos.

5. THE TROPHIES:

-9 gold and 1 platinum out of 17 trophies? For the most meaningless of tasks? If you're a trophy whore like me, you'll love it but, it's kind a slap in the face and it leaves an odd taste in your mouth when you consider the other games that you grinded the hell out of for 1 gold.

All in all, it's an okay game. Is it worth the $15? Uh..........

Edited by effdeegee

First of all I love this game!:applause:

For me this was a really easy platinum, except for the latter projectives, but I've been playing Tony Hawk since the beginning. If your a fan of the series than this would be a 3/10. But, in general, I'll give this game a 5 just because if your new to the series the projectives can get really hard, especially Downhill Jam.

Really difficult game to rate, this one. I've played a LOT of Tony Hawk's and consistently win online, yet there were still a few trophies and Projectives that caught me out for a while. Not to mention the fact that this edition feels a tad more finicky and glitchy than the older titles which doesn't help when you need ultimate precision.

Put it this way - I wouldn't have liked to have gone into this game fresh. For me it was probably a 5; some of the trickier tasks you need to do can be fluked or simply overcome with persistence. Often though I found that the longer I tried to do something the trickier it would get, so you may need a strong nerve or to know when to walk away and take a break.

Overall I'd say it was a 5/10 for me and I can only go on my own experience.

If you've not played an early Tony Hawk's game you've got an awful lot of learning to do and I'd estimate would find this more akin to a 7 (and you'll be facing spening a much longer route to platinum).

First one in Europe to get the platinum, only reason one guy from Germany got it before me was because he got the game a day earlier and got it on the American release. If the game all came out on the same day for all the regions, I've worked out would of been first in the world to get it according to PSNProfiles, last time I checked, I got it in the fastest time as well so far.

Anyways, after giving you a little background of my plat to show that my opinion should hopefully hold a little bit of weight, I'm voting a 7. 6 for veterans of the Tony Hawk games on PS1 and 8 for casual gamers/players who never played the old series before. Only reason I think it's going to be a fairly hard plat near the end is because of Projectives mode, it can get brutal for some people. However, has hard it may be for some, if you are a good player and have some spare time, it can be done pretty quickly.

Edit: Sorry for being a noob on this site but where is the poll to vote? Is it too early to for people to cast their votes?

Edited by ButteryMayo

Voted a 2, the only difficulty coming from a few of the Projectives 8 Skateboards, namely Downhill Jam. Considering the game took less than four hours to plat, I have a hard time giving it a higher rating. I realize it will be voted much higher because of newcomers and players rusty from a decade long Tony Hawk hiatus.

I gave it a 4. Even if you're new, alot of the game is just collecting items. The combo system is pretty easy enough to figure out and exploit for the high scores. There are a few tougher ones that require a bit of persistence, but nothing terribly soul crushing.

Voted a 2, the only difficulty coming from a few of the Projectives 8 Skateboards, namely Downhill Jam. Considering the game took less than four hours to plat, I have a hard time giving it a higher rating. I realize it will be voted much higher because of newcomers and players rusty from a decade long Tony Hawk hiatus.

Just because it doesn't take long doesn't mean it's not hard.

Just because it doesn't take long doesn't mean it's not hard.

Considering I platinumed the game so quickly, wouldn't it be safe to say nothing stood in my way as challenging? It took me 3 hours and 47 minutes to platinum, and that includes time spent from my daily routine, not just game time. I posted a 2 as my opinion, nothing more.

I voted this a 7

Anyone who voted this low really has their head up their ass trying to make this game sound easier than it is. Newcomers will struggle with this. THPS2 is my second favorite game of all time and I still thought this was very hard in some spots like projectives (downhill jam skateboards for example).

You people are making this game out to be as easy as something like megamind or up which quite frankly is ridiculous.

Definitely a 4 in my opinion. Sure it took a little time to forget everything I knew how to do in the other Tony Hawk games (double/triple flips, reverts, spine transfers etc.), but after I did the game got easier. You'll spend a few runs on a single projective trying to hit the perfect line, but they aren't too challenging. The misc. level trophies aren't very challenging either.

I cant agree with Mikekeese more.

DO NOT believe these people saying 2-3 difficulty. If this games a 2, then whats megamind and hannah? -3??? If your new to this series IT WILL BE HARD. If you aren't new to the games like myself it still wont be a boat ride.

I cant stand it when people need to feel almost cocky about there experience with the game. Seriously? Why? You aren't getting laid by lying to people saying this game is a 2 in difficulty.

I just platinumed the game.

As a person who has played THPS 2,3,4, THUG 1,2, American Wasteland, Project 8, Proving Ground ... it isn't easy for me.

I had alot of trouble with some jumps, the 8 skateboards in Downhill Jam, the 500k score in Marseille, the all pellets in one combo and the 'I don't want 2 minute man' trophy.

I stick to the 8 i rated. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.