Rate the trophy difficulty...  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

5/10

• Dragons & Takafumis takes literally 50+ hours due to all job skills unlocked & party member(s) to reach Level 99 + the prize-battle randomness of the 2 uber-rare items (Excalibur sword & starfish item)
  • S Rank requires alot of luck & proper skill usage with character battle formations; it must be completed within 4-7 days in D&T.
  • It takes 0.5 hours to reach Tomoyo's True Ending w/ the text-skip "on" and is very easy!!! ^^

The visual novel aspect is an 1/10. However, D&T will consume everything for the platinum.

PS... Good Luck!

EDIT: I meant Dungeons & Takafumis ... lol (Dungeons & Dragons)

Edited by MainComptonese

• 1 month later...
5/10

• Dragons & Takafumis takes literally 50+ hours due to all job skills unlocked & party member(s) to reach Level 99 + the prize-battle randomness of the 2 uber-rare items (Excalibur sword & starfish item)
  • S Rank requires alot of luck & proper skill usage with character battle formations; it must be completed within 4-7 days in D&T.
  • It takes 0.5 hours to reach Tomoyo's True Ending w/ the text-skip "on" and is very easy!!! ^^

The visual novel aspect is an 1/10. However, D&T will consume everything for the platinum.

PS... Good Luck!

EDIT: I meant Dungeons & Takafumis ... lol (Dungeons & Dragons)

^ This.

Another vote for 5/10. Although this is a Visual Novel, the Dungeons & Takafumis S-RPG contained within it accounts for 99% of the time to (P).

Excalibur didn't give me any trouble (I had TEN of them by the time I was finished) but Starfish was absolute grind torture... it took me 58 hours to get it to show up. Killing an average of 8 enemies in an average of 60 seconds a floor makes its drop rate a ridiculous ~1/27000, if my own experience can be considered typical. Pure Bladestone (from Demon's Souls) eat your heart out.

The Starfish grind aside (if you are looking for a quick and easy import (P), look elsewhere) it was a fantastic game and one that all diehard fans of Clannad should experience - if you can swallow the $180-250 price point it currently fetches on eBay.

• 1 year later...

Also voted 5.

I agree with MainComptonese and Aeliana. The VN part is very simple to do, the problem is the D&T part.

When I played D&T for the first time I would say it's difficulty would be more than 5 for the S rank, but when I attempted it I was more aware of the mechanics of the game and it didn't give me much trouble, so 5 is about right. Using Aeliana tip to have 2 magicians (魔法使い) helps a lot, always change your formation and tactics to be the first to deal damage (don't let them move closer to the enemy and be at their mercy) and make the best of AoE attacks. I managed to beat in 5 days, so 2 days to spare.

While the S rank is the difficult trophy, the Starfish (海星) rare item is the grindy one.... expect to waste hours and hours defeating thousands of enemies and that damn item still refusing to drop :( (but it will eventually).

Edited by orthmann

• 1 year later...

Maybe it's because I just played Uncharted and am (currently) using that as a base score of 5 for all platinums, but I gave this game a 6.

Dungeons and Takafumis is not something that can quickly be picked up and mastered, and requires a lot of skill and knowledge of the system, coupled with a good amount of luck to get S Rank, Starfish and good equipment drops.

I also find D&T to be a bit borked. I have played few strategy games (not really my favorite genre, admittedly,) but the ones I have played and seen usually allow you to choose moves and adjust tactics after each round.

In this one, you can't, so the backline is often destroyed by blue beastmen while the warriors are screwing around with green grunts. Even if the last enemy has one hit point left, you will die if the warriors are dead because the mages will be digging for the remainder of the round.

Still, I am very proud to have (finally) conquered this platinum!