Region Variations

ModernSith2010

I know the PS4 isn't region locked, but have just received my copy of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition from Base.com(BaseCH) for £21.99, but on the back it says "Licensed for sale in Europe, India and Russia only" and then above the barcode in the barcode box "PT0M94EX07 Not For Sale In The UK". So is there any variation between regions? Like cuts to violence, story, etc?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ModernSith2010

it's more than likely just regional copyright restrictions on parts of the game.

What do you mean by this? I find it strange that it says it is for sale only in Europe, India and Russia yet the case is all in English :confused:

By the way I've just noticed that my original post has a smiley instead of a d:rolleyes:

Parts of the game are owned by different people (the music especially) and the owners may not have the rights or the will to allow it to be used abroad so they deny permission for certain territories. Where the rights for something haven't been granted, substitutions have to be made.

It's like how the rights to certain songs couldn't be acquired for the DVD and Bluray releases of the Wallace and Gromit short "The Wrong Trousers" so alternate (and frankly crap) tunes had to be used instead:

Music changes: On "The Wrong Trousers" Gromit's Birthday card incorrectly plays "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" and "How Much is that Doggy in the Window?" has been replaced. Also, Wallace's humming of that song has been removed.
Source: Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Wallace & Gromit AKA Wallace & Gromit: 3 Cracking Adventures! AKA Wallace and Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures (1989-1995) Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.