Chatterbox on first playthrough?

MHST_Guy

Has anyone done this?

When I played on PS4, I paid very close to the guide so I didn't miss a conversation. Trophy didn't unlock; had to do a second speed run to get it.

Playing recently on PS3, knowing when the conversations take place, and having the experience of completing this task twice on PS3, and following the guide...still didn't unlock on the first playthrough. Now I have to do another speed run when I'm done with the first run. WTF???

This trophy is buggy as hell, there are no guarantees at all that it will pop when it's supposed to. All you can do is keep trying and praying that it pops :(.

I tried replaying all of the Shipwreck beach convo's, but that didn't work. I've never gotten #2 to unlock, on all 3 of my play throughs. Buggy @$$ trophy.

It's times like this that I wish there were more trophy hunters, so that game makers would realize they need trophies to be a seemless process, so we wouldn't have to jump through these hoops to get trophies for something that should be fairly straight forward...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using this thread instead of making another even though my question about this trophy is a bit different.

I missed Chatterbox on my first playthrough and now I'm thinking about starting a new game to get the trophy. But how long does it approximately to get to the part where you have completed all conversations? Is it 1, 5, 10 hours or something inbetween?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I was so engrossed with this game (playing it this time on the PS4) that I have forgotten all about this one! I did the all convos with Whitman but missed both convo opportunities with Roth! I actually paused for like thirty minutes thinking if I should carry on or start a new game right away. Only thing that's holding me back was having to 100% all challenges/areas again -- up to the part where Lara goes in the white water.

I hope for some miracle it would still pop for me... (sigh) I know sounds ridiculously impossible... darn it, and here I was hoping for a single playthrough... I thought I was already being toooooo careful - I guess not!

I recently got the (P) for Tomb Raider on PS4 and I can confirm that I couldn't get conversation #2 to happen, maybe I had too much salvage?? I just carried on hoping that it wouldn't be an issue and the 'Chatterbox' trophy popped right after the last conversation with Whitman. I also played this on the PS3 and I was able to get conversation #2 to work but I remember I didn't have hardly any salvage at all.

... well as expected and quite very obvious, I didn't get the trophy for not conversing with Roth. Gosh, if not for this game on PS4 being the way that it is visually, I would not have gotten "lost" and greatly immersed to have missed that part. I guess a speed run until the trophy dings in Shipwreck beach is in order... unless it glitches on me as what happened to others... I'd probably die in annoyance...

-----

EDIT: Finally got this last night after doing a 6 hour run for the requirements. It was much better just thinking about one thing rather than doing it with so many other things in mind... but I wished I hadn't missed talking to Roth during my first run.

There's something about Wittman's second convo. I never got it on my second try which made me a bit nervous. As for when I did it the first time, I already had the required salvage and when I upgraded the pick axe, he went straight to the gate's opening device and would not give me a :square: prompt... I was happy as a pig in poo when the trophy popped after my last convo with Jonah... It's a bit funny to recall me going into panic mode during the last part where Sam goes to sleep... You'd think you'll learn from your first time (PS3) witnessing that, but nooo I'd still want to see if she'd want to have a convo and try :)

I think the best way to do this safely is make a separate save the moment you first encounter the team at Shipwreck beach... that way in case you glitch for some reason all you have to do is load your back-up save. It would suck to do that all over again!

Edited by Naps

• 1 year later...

I missed this trophy on my first playthrough (didn't really try for it) and so dedicated a 2nd playthrough entirely to this trophy.

The trophy popped for me even though I missed the 2nd dialogue (I couldn't get it to initiate). The playthrough itself took me approximately 3 hours to get to the point at which you can unlock this trophy. However, I was only going for this trophy and wasn't really bothering with anything else.

• 4 weeks later...