Tip for getting dead eye after completion

number45_

Not sure if this has been posted before, had a search around and couldn't see it.

If you end up finishing the game without getting the deadeye trophy you can find a couple of guys in the Shantytown that you can get to follow you down a zip line and they keep respawning. Just be sure not to kill them when they are on the tower or they wont respawn.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygkXnXCMeQ]Tomb Raider - Dead Eye achievement - YouTube[/ame]

It appears that many things are wierd at Tomb Raider... some ppl can't unlock many different trophies, despite they say they didn't die and lost unsaved progress.

The wireless router trick is variable, some ppl have to turn off, some only remove the net cable.

My friend can't unlock "get over here" at postgame Shantytown. Enemies fall off, not dead from arrow damage, an it don't pop.... i saw him doing like 20. :confused:

It appears that many things are wierd at Tomb Raider... some ppl can't unlock many different trophies, despite they say they didn't die and lost unsaved progress.

The wireless router trick is variable, some ppl have to turn off, some only remove the net cable.

My friend can't unlock "get over here" at postgame Shantytown. Enemies fall off, not dead from arrow damage, an it don't pop.... i saw him doing like 20. :confused:

Ah ok, thanks for the info, I'll do a little research and start a fresh campaign if all else fails. Cheers :)

I don't know if this will help anyone or not but I just finished the campaign the other night and didn't really push for this in the spots where I should have. I probably had a decent amount of zip kills by the time post-game came around but there is no obvious way to be sure. I used the "shantytown tower method" and played under the assumption that an enemy had to be killed on the fly and not by falling death.

I had 9 no doubt kills using the explosive arrows and 1 head shot with the rifle but no trophy, so I got a little nervous. Even though I had plenty of explosive arrows left, I instead hit 3 regular arrow head shots and got the trophy after the 3rd. I don't know if the game doesn't count the explosive arrows or not but if I were to guess how many legit kills I had throughout the campaign up to that point it might make sense to add the 1 rifle + 3 reg arrows to whatever came before.

I might also be completely wrong and if thats the case...well I don't know what to say. It just seems like this is giving a lot of people a good deal of grief (myself included for a short time) so I figured I'd share my account of what happened. Just know it didn't pop immediately even though I got 10 straight on-the-fly kills.

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't work for me. I killed exactly 30 enemies using this method and the trophy didn't pop. I'm sure I killed them because I looted their bodies. I used all weapons and even so, this damn trophy didn't pop up. Luckly, I had an alternate save file on Shanty Town. I just loaded up this save file and earnt this trophy during the campaign, not after beating it.

Edited by jfrl1991

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...