shopaholic clear instructions 9 (wrk confirmed as of patch 1.04)

mort_hbeb9786

Hi i am writing this because i could not find clear instructions on how or when to do this. I hope this helps others in the same situation.

1) select the MP from the man menu

2) select character selection

here you will may not notice but there are two character rings for each faction. each containing locked characters and ready to buy characters. As a minimum to do this glitch you must have a character ready to buy in each ring (you will know because it has bolt/scrap icon attached to it not a lock) and between 36,000 - 40,000 parts of scrap. Make sure you absolutely do not purchase these characters yet. Also if you already brought a character this will still work.

3) select a LOCKED character from any faction that you want to unlock

4) press triangle(swapping factions)

5) high light a character you can buy but DO NOT buy it

6) press triangle and cross at the same time.

Now if all done correctly you will have swapped faction's and be on the locked character asking you for confirmation to buy it. you can select yes and the requirment for the character will turn red taking the required scrap with it. do this till all locked characters on both factions have the requirments red then safely buy the already unlocked characters.

7) press back to get to the MP menu then press back again and get to the main menu.

8) press the PS button on the controller and close application

9) reload the game and the trophy will pop by the time you get back to the character select screen.

Final note: the characters that you brought due to the glitch can not be used till you reach the level requirment. You will also not need to repurchase them at the unlocked level either. I hope these instructions where clear. if not tell me and i,d be happy to edit

Edited by mort_hbeb9786

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this work for both PS3 and 4 or is it just for the PS4 :think:?

I tried it on the PS4 and it worked. sadly when I hit the share button twice to record it only recorded a few seconds.. :(

But it does work on the PS4, i can confirm.

I also bought the general by mistake and the trophy still dinged! :applause:

Just make sure to back up your save.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing this since it was added to igc, already got plat on ps4 so was aware of this work around but never bothered with it. Just did it now (ps3) and yes it still works, it would seem a bit unnecessary to use it but playing solo it will literally shave a good chunk of time off not worrying about collecting salvage and concentrate on xp.

clear instructions? yeah rite, run on sentences, improper punctuation and all around bad grammar caused me to waste all of my salvage and I did not gain the trophy, thanks for nothing! now I have to get this trophy legitimately, such a waste..to those who can read broken English, please link me the app you used to decipher his instructions, thank you!

If you just follow points 1-9 and pretty much ignore every thing else he says. I did last night with zero problems. However if you're going for lvl 60 you should accumulate enough salvage to buy all the characters, you don't need to worry about attachments for the trophy or the general for that matter.

What was this suppose to do?

I followed the instructions, the game took my money, but no trophy ever popped.

Yes, I restarted the game.

What was the point of this anyway?

The characters still cost the same amount of money and you still have to reach level 60.

So why do this?

EDIT - It just popped. I started this at level 27. I had to go back and buy those guys I already unlocked and then restart the game again. Still, I'm not sure there's a point to this unless I'm just not seeing it.

Edited by Clunker

Yep I agree, there doesn't appear to be a point to this. It saves you no time whatsoever as far as I can tell.

I unlocked it at lvl 35 using this method. As for the time it does save you because if you use the solo method to level up you're not stopping to collect salvage you just keep running for the med kits and considering how many rounds you will need to play that time saved from not collecting salvage soon adds up.

Yep I agree, there doesn't appear to be a point to this. It saves you no time whatsoever as far as I can tell.

As I said in several other threads before, it doesn't have any point other than unlocking the characters and the trophy earlier than intended. You still need to collect necessary Salvage, only difference is, you don't have to wait until level 60.

This method was found before there was any patch so it could shave off considerable amount of time (read: reaching level 60 3 more times, in addition to first one) back then. But not anymore.

As I said in several other threads before, it doesn't have any point other than unlocking the characters and the trophy earlier than intended. You still need to collect necessary Salvage, only difference is, you don't have to wait until level 60.

This method was found before there was any patch so it could shave off considerable amount of time (read: reaching level 60 3 more times, in addition to first one) back then. But not anymore.

You get the trophy early but you still don't get the characters early because they're locked out till you level up.

The only way I see this being useful is if you're not going for the plat and you just want an extra trophy before you quit the game.

Other than that... The characters still cost the same and you still can't use them until you reach the level where you'd buy them normally. So if you're going for the plat then there isn't a lot of benefit to this glitch.

You get the trophy early but you still don't get the characters early because they're locked out till you level up.

The only way I see this being useful is if you're not going for the plat and you just want an extra trophy before you quit the game.

Other than that... The characters still cost the same and you still can't use them until you reach the level where you'd buy them normally. So if you're going for the plat then there isn't a lot of benefit to this glitch.

But to be honest no one is actually after level 60 so they can use all the players, they are after the true commitment trophy. So, if this work around helps them get there faster by not having to stop for salvage, then it doesn't really matter that the characters are locked.