How to unlock the General before 3rd prestige.

SparkleMoon

How To Buy The General Before Prestige 3 - Xbox360Achievements.org

X360a user Ty-Rex figured it out.... you're welcome. :applause:

if it works for us it should work here as well. anyone with the right requirements can test it out for other PS3 users and confirm if it works.

How much salvage do I need to buy the characters?

Survivors - 21,750 salvage

Solarii - 24,250 salvage

In total 46,000 salvage needed to buy all characters.

How much salvage do I need to buy the upgrades for the weapons?

Minimum of 170,000 salvage, some cost 250 per upgrade but others cost anywhere up to 5,000 per upgrade.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV6RZ4czZw4]Tomb Raider - How To Unlock Shopaholic Early And Buy The General Before Prestige 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Note: You aren't really unlocking the General. you're just tricking the game to think you are to unlock the "Shopaholic" trophy.

*Use your preferred boosting method (solo/2-player/3-player) to grind up to Level 60, at this point every weapon, upgrades and characters will be available to you for purchase (except the General).

*You DO NOT have to Prestige if you intend to use The General Glitch; if you do Prestige, be aware that you will have to level up to Lv58 again for all weapon upgrades to be available again.

*Once you have accumulated enough Salvage to buy everything (around 250,000 according to the trophy guide), backup your save with PS+ Cloud Saving just to be safe. If you do not have PS+, you cannot backup the save onto a USB flash drive, but that's okay because the glitch will work 100% if done correctly, the precaution is just in case you mess up somehow so at least you can revert back to an earlier save with all your Salvage unspent.

*Start with buying all the weapon upgrades, then all the characters EXCEPT ONE SURVIVOR and of course the General.

*Now you should only have one survivor character (Lara) and the General left. This is the moment of truth, re-watch the YouTube video guide to familiarize yourself with what comes next. Go to the Character Selection screen, select the remaining survivor character, press :triangle: to switch to the Solarii side and select the General, then press :triangle: again to switch back to the remaining survivor character, now press :triangle:+:cross: (or :triangle:+ :circle: depending on which regional version your game is) at the same time, the screen should switch to the General and a pop-up screen asking if you want to confirm your purchase.

Choose Yes and you should see 10,000 Salvage deducted from your Total, but the General will still remain locked, DO NOT panic, this is perfectly normal and as long as the 10,000 Salvage has been subtracted, the glitch will work. Now hit :triangle: again and buy the remaining survivor character, and voilà, the Shopaholic trophy is yours.

Edited by SparkleMoon

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took my salvage but I can't use the general

I just hope once I get to level 60 I can get the trophy

Edit, to the OP please let everyone know here what the site link says

You have to make sure your level 60 and bought everything except one survivor

Then do this last

Edited by lugadokastro

The video doesn't show the player actually using the General... Maybe it doesn't fully unlock him, but tricks the game into think you have, as far as the trophy is concerned. It also says something about leaving and then re-entering the player select locks the General back-up, and you don't regain the salvage you spent to glitch unlock him.

I think the correct instructions are:

- Get to Level 60

- Buy all the weapon upgrades

- Glitch unlock the General via the method above

- Wothout exiting the player select screen, purchase the last Survivor, and then the trophy should pop.

I'm still a way off level 60, so can't try this myself.. This would be great if it works.

I haven't hit prestige yet myself. I'm level 57 and have 200,000 salvage, I also haven't bought all the Survivors characters. Still a little hesitant to try this exploit, only if I can back-up my MP save.

This method does seem to work though, just can't say if it will unlock Shopaholic.

Edited by blevensp1

For those with PS+, you can just back up your "Profile Data" for the game to the PS+ cloud, your rank is saved to that file, but your kills, wins, feats, etc are whats tied to the servers.. Worse case scenario, it doesn't work for you and then you'll have to wait 24 hours to get the save back since it's copyrighted.

Edited by Yoda91192

I'm rank 57 right now and have bought all characters except LARA (obviously as you need rank 60 to do that)

I am definitely going to try this out. I should hit rank 60 today so will try it out and report back - unless someone beats me to it.

I really hope it does :)

EDIT: I don't have alot of salvage though so will probably have to farm that before I can try this.

Edited by NightCrawler-72

I could try it (rank 55) but I have only 30k salvage so I need like 200k+ before I could confirm 100%.

Anyway to boost salvage quickly so I can try?

Same question for me... I need alot of salvage really quickly. What's the best method for doing this ?

Actually, I will check the thread as there may be a post about how to do this already.

Just done some research I read on TR forums that Community & Communication Manager at Crystal Dynamics said on the forum

"Quickly popping in. I think the guys are actually going to make The General free in the next update so that he doesn't count toward this achievement/trophy. I agree it's a TAD difficult to unlock. :P"

just load private match - rescue - underground - do this solo and select solarii - just do the loop collecting salvage for 20 minutes

Just done some research I read on TR forums that Community & Communication Manager at Crystal Dynamics said on the forum

"Quickly popping in. I think the guys are actually going to make The General free in the next update so that he doesn't count toward this achievement/trophy. I agree it's a TAD difficult to unlock. :P"

source link? if so I would just wait till the patch and get caught up on other stuff

Edited by BreadSkin

This was announced a while ago. Doesn't confirm anything, sadly. If the glitch works, then who cares!