I'm all that! Easy way (A PS3 only glitch)

shadowseer

Hello :whistle:

I have a crappy ISP, so I got disconnected during a ranked match. It awarded me the win. I was surprised and I tested it on 3 other modes and kinda confirmed the disconnection method works.

While you're in the match, running around and shooting, turn off/disconnect the router, you'll get awarded a win. Easy "I'm all that!" trophy.

I apologise if someone already gave out this tip.

Have fun!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I noticed I succeeded at winning the second game mode in ranked while my connection got lost several days ago (it counted as a victory) so I tried to win the other game modes by disconnecting manually and by myself my router but it didn't work and went back to the menu. So the method can work for some and can't for others. ;)

It is a shame but I got the trophy by switching my router a few seconds after the match begins (while I was running, don't know if that helps or not). It took me two tries for the second half of the MP modes since they were not recorded as victories. When it works you get 3000 xp for victory by forfeit and access very briefly an end match screen.

This does work...but for me it only worked when I unhooked the Ethernet cable and went to a wireless connection. I tried it wired, and it just booted me straight back out to the main screen...but first time I tried it wireless, it gave me the 3000xp for the win, then booted me...and the trophy popped. (Only one I was lacking a ranked win in was FFA.)

Kudos to the OP for posting this...this will save a lot of people like myself the heartache of trying and failing to win the FFA legit. ;-)

Do I need to wait till a certain point in the match to try to get this to work? Wasn't sure if I could do it as soon as the match began, or if I needed to wait, be winning the match, etc. I'll never get the FFA match won legit, as I'm awful at mp.

Nope - no need to wait. Once the match starts, switch your router off. A few seconds later you will see a message telling you that you have won the match !!!

Just repeat that for each mode and DING !!!

This does work...but for me it only worked when I unhooked the Ethernet cable and went to a wireless connection. I tried it wired, and it just booted me straight back out to the main screen...but first time I tried it wireless, it gave me the 3000xp for the win, then booted me...and the trophy popped. (Only one I was lacking a ranked win in was FFA.)

Kudos to the OP for posting this...this will save a lot of people like myself the heartache of trying and failing to win the FFA legit. ;-)

Ahh, I was trying it wired too, cheers for the heads up, will give it a go wireless :)

EDIT- YES! That's it, a wireless connection is the key :)

Edited by adin75

I'm pretty bad at this game but I somehow managed to get a FFA win in my first game against 6 other people! I think the fact is that there are A LOT of people who suck as this. Just to let everyone know who doesn't want to damage their router with hard resets.