Tomb Raider 9 - What we know so far!

Dell Boi

http://i53.tinypic.com/25f0t1u.png

Random Facts:

1. Lara is 21 in this game.
  2. It's set before Tomb Raider 1. (1996)
  3. There are brutal deaths, much more gruesome then past TR's.
  4. Weapons include a variety of melee weapons, and a bow.
  5. The lock-on target system is gone, it's free aim like Uncharted.
  6. There are base camps in the game, where you need to sleep, combine Lara's weapons, upgrade abilities. (these are the RPG elements)
  7. You need to gather food and water to survive.
  8. Open world environment confirmed(?)

• Hunt or be Hunted: Evade, outsmart and track and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
  • Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one meele combat.
  • Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different meeled and ranged weapons including a variety of guns and the hunters ultimate weapon, the bow.
  • Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat gameplay options.
  • Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump. There is no one right way to travel, survive and explore the harsh environment of the island.
  • One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather and natural events.
  • Origin Story: This new Tomb Raider Concept reboots the franchise by exploring the origins of Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.

Location Art:

Debut E3 Trailer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAT3iT6CdGA]YouTube - ‪Tomb Raider "Turning Point" Debut Trailer [uK Version]‬‏[/ame]

Debut E3 Gameplay

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3GQKmq9h78]YouTube - ‪Tomb Raider E3 Gameplay‬‏[/ame]

E3 2012 Footage

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_-QGlwRqc]Tomb Raider - E3 2012 Exclusive Crossroads Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Who's excited?

Edited by Dell Boi

Some other information that's been revealed in interviews/magazines:

"It was important in the game to not only deliver the character arc of Lara Croft emotionally, but to deliver it in gameplay as well so the player gets to grow into a hardened survivor," says experienced director Noah Hughes. As the game unfolds, Lara will scavenge new tools and gear that augment her abilities. Lara's athletic prowess will also evolve. Some areas begin inaccessible due to physical limitations or scarce supplies. With the right skills and gear, however, the island is Lara's for the taking.

There will be other human survivors from the shipwreck, but nothing on what role they will play.

Looking forward to more annoucements, hopefully we'll see more at E3.

• 3 weeks later...
There will definitely be stuff at E3, although I'm not sure how much...I hope they don't reveal too much (like a full length gameplay trailer) I'd rather be kept in some suspense!

Let's hope so. It sucks that I don't get G4 anymore because for the last couple of years that's where I got my E3 coverage from. Maybe I just watch it on Game Trailers.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wow.

graphics + gameplay = win

its a prequel too. if you're a raider fan you will want to know her history.

You're right it's a prequel, but unfortunately it is not a prequel to the current Tomb Raider story as you know it. If you remember Tomb Raider 4 (Revelations) you play as a young Lara croft as she starts her adventure as an archaeologist.

This new Tomb Raider is a completely separate story officially and has no connection whatsoever to the previous games.

Basically it's the second reboot, (Tomb Raider Legend was the first)