question about tomb raider

Hogger

hey.

when i was little i played every game for tombraider on ps1 (i never had a ps2). because the good memories on al tombraiders on ps1 i decided to buy tombraider underworld when it just was out a few days. (long time ago). this game was horrible in my opinion. and many friends say also its horrible. now is my question.

1. is this just a bad game in the tombraider franchise. or did i not enjoy it because i a grownup person now?

just was wondering which 2 it is because i read somewhere they are working on a new tombraider. and i never want to buy a tombraider again thats the same as tombraider underworld

The problem with tombraider is that when it first came out on the psx, to be honest there was nothing else quite like it for that genre.

It was like the first Resident Evil, there was nothing like and it just blew everyone away!

The problem with franchises is that overtime, they tend to loose the magic that first attracted you to them, because you know what to expect, and you get a lot of games overtime in the same genre UNCHARTED, being the nearest i can think of, which is an excellent game!

I played all the Tombraiders, till i had the misfortune to come across Angel of Darkness, which in my opinion was absolutely attrocious!

I'm sort of in the same mindset as you...ish, 1 bad franchise game can put a lot of people off!

But if your asking are you too "grown up", to enjoy Tombraider now, i would say no!

I'm still going to give the new TR a chance, depends how "grown up" you feel :Ds

The new Tomb Raider that comes out on the PSN at the end of the month, Lara Croft and the Guarding of Light, has been out on the xbox live for a couple of weeks and is getting rather positive reviews. Here's the metacritic page: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Critic Reviews for Xbox 360 at Metacritic.com

I'll probably pick this up at some point.