Review This Game!

How Good Is This Game?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Is This Game?

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/336701ps_500h.jpg Average Game Rating = 6/10

Screenshots

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/2235166488_45d0a34d74.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/tomb-raider-underworld-1.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/485bea33a1a8f.jpg

How To Review

1. PLEASE DON’T post a review without having played the game first!

2. Please don’t post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.

3. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the ‘Multiplayer Experience’ heading.

4. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.

5. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.

6. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Reviewing Game - Tomb Raider Underworld

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound:

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience: N/A

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: PLEASE VOTE!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. If you need help with anything please refer to this thread >>> http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/user-generated-content/16959-how-write-review.html#post213134

*PLEASE NOTE: ALL NON-REVIEW RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED*

Edited by Rockets

Story: 7/10

Not much to say about the story really. The idea was good but i don't think it was in depth as it could of gone.

Gameplay: 7/10

The gameplay was at best good. It is not the best tomb raider game i have played. And unlike previous TR games there was hardly any gunfights & explosive action. However, the new style of jumping and acrobatics was a bonus and lifted it a little. On a downside i still ended up getting stuck in some glitches that were very annoying!

Controls: 5/10

This was the worst part of the game for me. The movement was at times very stiff or too quick. When i tried to jump to certain ledges she wouldn't go in the correct direction & ended up jumping of the edge. The also happened when on ledges or poles, it was as if she want to commit suicide.

Graphics: 9/10

Probably the best part of the game. It was good to finally see a TR game looking so alive. I think from start to finish the game was jam packed with beautiful scenery and i couldn't wait to see what was next. For me the best parts were when you were underwater, the light and dark were set apart well.

Sound: 6/10

For the majority of the game i couldn't hear anything whatsoever. You are in secluded areas where you are by yourself and therefore is nothing to hear.

Wow Factor: 5.5/10

Not alot here for me. The wow factor for me in a TR game would be something with alot of action and hard puzzles. This had no action and the puzzles were unbelieveably easy. I would of give it a lower score but the graphics were a wow for me.

Replay Value: 4/10

I dont think anyone would want to play this game again if trophies werent involved. Not enjoyable for me and the worst TR game made :( sad really because i am a big fan of this series and have got every game ever made in my collection.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Rent this game if you want something quick to play. Buy this game if you want it in your TR collection.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score:

6.5/10 - Not a good game for me and it may have put me off buying the next TR game!

Edited by Rockets

Story: 5/10

A bit too cheesy for my taste. They tried to put too much in it: Nordic mythology + asian mythology + Lara's family... Doesn't work for me and it's sometimes too predictable (Lara's mother). But still OK for videogame standards.

If you're looking for action and gunfights - look somewhere else. Uncharted is the better game. But if you like exploring in a slow-paced game and solve some minor puzzles, this one's for you. This is where TRU's better than Uncharted.

Sadly, this game is too short. You can beat it in around 12 hours.

Controls: 4/10

Not THAT bad, but far from perfect. Worked good enough for me. A little reminder: This game's 95% about exploring and really doesn't need any direct, fast-responding controls (see gameplay comment above). Camera controls in small rooms suck. The camera tends to "stick" to walls, and you lose Lara out of your sight.

Graphics: 8/10

Really, really beautiful. Various settings make this game so enjoyable. My personal favorite is the second level, Coastal Thailand.

Unfortunatly, you'll notice some minor framerate drops and a bit tearing. But these issues are very rare.

Sound: 5/10

Nothing special here. Ambient sounds are OK, soundtrack works fine, speech could be better. Lara's voice is fine, but some of her sidekicks or the main female villain did a mediocre job.

Wow-Factor: 3/10

Some of the surroundings are very huge and beautiful. And that's it. No big boss-battles or surprises in the storyline.

Replay Value: 1/10

Once you have seen everything - you don't want to revisit. My advice for trophy hunters: Get your Platinum in one playthrough (can be done easily).

Rent or buy this game:

Normally, I'd say rent it. But it's by now available for a discounted price (20-30 bucks). So I'd say that's OK for a 12 hours-game.

Final Score: 7/10

I've beaten many Shooters lately - too many. So I really enjoyed this action-adventure, despite its flaws.

Story: 6/10

I personally didn't get sucked into story as I did in Uncharted (I'm sorry, but everything in this game will be benchmarked against Uncharted), I almost don't care about the story, as firstly sound kinda sucks and also its a bit difficult to understand, almost as if watching some movie.

Gameplay: 6/10

Uncharted had too much action (which isn't necessarily good), this will be at another end. I would want a bit more action, but exploration part is really great, if it wasn't for shitty controls...

Controls: 4/10

This game makes me feel I'm still playing Terminator Salvation, as controls are so bad. The camera angles make it impossible to see where u need to jump if hanging from a wall. It took me 15 minutes to pass room with columns when u needed to get back into ur yacht in level 1, because I wasn't used to controls and I'm still getting used to them...

The strong part of the game, scenery is very beautiful and varied. I really enjoyed Thailand level graphics.

Sound: 7/10

Its not bad, but something is kind of not right with the sound also I would've picked diffetrent soundtrack to the game.

Wow Factor: 6/10

Normal game, the only thing I enjoyed is the design really. So, 6 from me.

Replay Value: 3/10

If you do treasure hunt after 1st playthrough then there is some replay value, otherwise the game can be easily done in 1 playthrough on hardest difficulty.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

I bought this game and kind of regret it, I'd rent it as it can be done comfortably in a week. If u don't follow the guide for treasure then can spend more time on it :)

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: I voted 7, even though my average score is 6 I think this game does it in terms of graphics and also easy trophies :-)

Like it was previously stated, I can't help but compare this to Uncharted.

Story: 4/10

It was a good idea I guess, but in the end it seemed more of just going to one location and getting something done then moving on. Not a lot of inbetween. I get why the game was setup like this (to show off more locations) but personally I don't like all the jumping around. Only MGS4 can do that.

I enjoy all the exploration, but it could of had more action. And playing it on the hardest setting was a joke.

They are nowhere near as bad as previous TR games, but the camera was still a problem some of the time.

Graphics: 7/10

The backdrops looked good. The first underwater section was nice, but frustrating finding all the treasures even with a guide. One of the nice little details I noticed was how Lara would get dirty from climbing around, then if you went into some water it would wash off.

It's sound.

Wow Factor: N/A

It's a Tomb Raider game. It isn't like they are breaking new ground with each new game.

Replay Value: 2/10

If you don't get all the treasures or play it on the hardest difficulty on the first playthrough.. those would have been the only reasons I see to play it again.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Rent it, play it on the hardest setting, and find all the treasures before you take on the last "boss". You'll understand when you get there. It is an easy platinum, and isn't that why we're here in the first place?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: e.g. 9.3/10

4/10 - It wasn't good, and it wasn't bad. Like I said, it is worth renting and to me it was nice since I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since the second one.

i didint play tomb raider since tomb raider 3 so i dont know what the story lol

Gameplay:4/10

boring and bad

Controls: 2/10

lara croft she just stupit she dont grabe anything when i jump

Graphics: 7/10

the graphics are cool

Sound: 3/10

i have a surond system at home the base is unblevible

Wow Factor: N/A

It's a Tomb Raider game. It isn't like they are breaking new ground with each new game.

no

Rent Or Buy This Game?

i bought it and sell it in the same day

dont bye it its not worth it

I’m new to the franchise but the story was okay nothing amazing.

I was expecting gun fights and some fun stuff but most of the game was exploring and the AI sucks even on the hardest mode. Also the some of the glitches are so annoying I wasn’t going to complete the game at a point.

Horrible controls. I just played infamous prior to this game and oh man the controls made me want to break my controller since they were so smooth in inFamous. Lara would jump off in wrong directions all the time, I died 100x more from the retarded controls then from enemy fire/attack.

They reminded me of Uncharted for a bit, undoubtedly the best of the game were the graphics.

Come to think of it didn’t notice the sound too often as I was just busy looking for treasure in some lonely corner with no sound.

Wow Factor: 7/10

I loved the level design especially the last one.

I am never going to touch this game again.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Definitely rent this game platinumed it in 2 days. I borrowed it from a friend who dared compare it to Uncharted! I wanted to see what the fuzz was myself and boy was I disappointed.

If it wasn’t for such terrible controls and jerky movements I would have enjoyed the game a lot more. Overall a decent game. (6/10)

Story: 6.5/10

- Nothing great about this story, very short.

- Average-Good game overall, not great. Has so many glitches and bugs, that i had to reset my ps3 several times, so be sure to save often!

-Awful!!! Makes this game so annoying and frustrating...and the camera angles are worse.

Graphics: 8/10

- Similar to Uncharted, nice graphics.

Sound: 7/10

- Didnt pay much attention to this, but guns made a decent bang sound, music ok.

Wow Factor: 5.5/10

- Nothing great about this game...maybe her rack...lol.

- Done with this game!!!!

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Rent this game for the easy Platinum only.

6.5/10 - Avg-good game, not horrible, not great, just awful controls and camera angles kill this game, plus storyline is way short. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Story: 5..I like the story

Gameplay: 3...I really don't like all the damn climbing and jumping to pillars

Controls: 4..not bad, could have been much better

Graphics: 8...very sweet graphics

Sound: 6...very nice

Wow Factor: 6....quite a few spots as this was my first TR game

Replay Value: 3...all the damn jumping and crashing ruined it for me

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent

Over all I give it a 4. Tough in some of the spots, but the only difference I saw between easy and hard......the game crashed on me 3 times during hard mode. I liked the story and graphics..and Lara is just plain hot for a toon.

• 2 weeks later...

Story: 6/10. Nothing too special but not bad.

Gameplay: 3/10. Treasure collecting was very boring and the game was just like a bad prince of persia.

Controls: 0/10. These are some of the worst controls I've ever dealt with. The 6th relic took way longer than it should have to get solely because of the horrific controls.

Graphics: 8/10. As many of said, graphics are by far the best part of this game. Environments look good although often times the levels looked the same thus why I took of 2 points.

Sound: 5/10. Didn't really notice the music or background sound effects all that much but nothing all that bad.

Wow Factor: 2/10. This game had nothing going for it besides graphics and trophies.

Replay Value: 0/10. Getting all the trophies in 1 playthrough to me seems essential because this game was just really bad and I could never see playing it again.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent but only for the trophies. Never play it otherwise.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: I really hated this game and it just baffled my mind to think that a game in a series as big as tomb raider could honestly be this bad. I now know why Eidos went bankrupt. 2.5/10

• 1 month later...

Story continuously devlops through the game, but is quite weak and not terribly exciting. A good mixture of history and mythology keeps it interesting, but not very motivating.

Gameplay: 5.5/10

Fantastic level design, gorgeous graphics and a nice mixture of Tomb Raiders usual exploration-puzzle-exploration gameplay. Perhaps a bit too linear in places, a little short and maybe a bit too easy. Camera angles can be truly terrible in places. Enough in this game to keep harcore TR fans (and most recreational gamers) happy though. Some puzzles are frustratingly long winded.

Controls: 3/10

Awful. I found them to be horribly twitchy. Most of the time they are bareable but quite often i found them a real pain. You can spend ages climbing, shimmying, rapelling and jumping your way to the top of a room, only to plummet to your death because the controls seem to register something other than what you press. I personally, found the controls infuriating.

Very nice indeed. Lara looks fantastic, the landscapes are gorgeous and the whole game looks polished and sharp.

Sound: 8/10

Nothing to complain about really, it sounds great with surround sound. Echoes in caves, splooshes of water and rumbles of ancient cogs whirring into life. It even feautures intermittent bursts of dramatic musical scores in key parts of the campaign. It all sounds good. Apart from the voice acting, which is pretty poor.

Wow Factor: 4.5/10

Very little "wow factor". Its a fairly good game, but nothing really made my jaw hit the floor. Some of the landscapes are pretty spectacular.

Enough replay value to go through and collect all the treasures but very little for enjoyment factor in my opinion.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

For casual gamers i'd say buy, its not too pricey and worth a quick play after work/school. If you are a trophy collector, this is an easy plat and could be done in a weekend so a renter.

6/10 - It looks and sounds good but for me its let down by several key factors. Its a bit too linear and short for my liking and the controls really wound me up. Very fun in places and worth playing, but perhaps lacks the punch to be a favourite in the TR series.

Story: 7,5/10

It's an okey story nothing special

The gameplay was pretty good not better than uncharted but still good

Controls: 2/10

The Controls are complete ass i hate them

Probably the best part of the game

Sound: 6/10

Nothing Special

the only reson why i play'd it again was for trophies

Over all 6,5 (S)

• 2 weeks later...

Story: 8 On the positive side, the story seems interesting and is keeping me playing despite the flawed execution of nearly every other aspect of the game.

Gameplay:

Controls: 2 My main complaints are that the character controls are overly sensitive and frustratingly inaccurate. Of course, the camera controls just like the character. Be prepared for areas where you can't see Lara, and especially in the swimming parts having to constantly adjust where the camera looks so that you can see the area around her. This is the main reason my overall score is so low. If the controls would've been rock solid I probably would have scored this game an 8.

Graphics: 4 I have to disagree with most other reviewers on this one. Graphically the game is not up to par of what we expect from a PS3 title. If all you're looking at is the environments then it's fine, but you spend the entire game looking at Lara’s ass (it's a third person perspective). Lara looks made of plastic, her movements are not representative of the flowing realism of other similar games such as Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed. The "treasures" that are collected all look identical, nothing more than a slightly iridescent 8 sided die from D&D.

Sound: 5 It's a quiet game, not a lot of sound, but what there is is fine.

Wow Factor: 0 none

Replay Value: 1 If you must have the platinum and didn't play through on the hardest difficulty the first time or if you missed some treasures then that is the only reason I could see for replaying this.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent if you're a Tomb Raider fan or want some easy trophies. Buy if you have to much money and want to encourage developers to keep making shitty games.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: I gave it a three. I bought it for my wife because she's a fan of the series and this style of game. She hates it too and won't even play it. It’s really too bad that such a high profile series has its first PS3 incarnation be of such poor quality. It makes me wonder what the developers were thinking when they decided the game was finished. "Oh well, it's good enough", or maybe "It says Tomb Raider on the box, it'll sell"?

Edited by SigLovesSin
conform to review standards

Booooring. Now where did I leave that hammer?

Gameplay: 3/10

Much too easy, lots of repetition. Even of hardest the bad guys were easy

Controls: 1/10

The camera sucks. You line your jump up and at the last second the camera moves and you end up jumping to your doom. Only game that's worse is Leisure suite larry

Fair play, it IS really pretty, had to keep pausing the game whilst wearing the white swim suit and the environments are awesome.

Sound: 3/10

Played it through my 5.1 amp, the background noise is a bassy rumble all the way through. Had to turn it down so I could hear what was being said. NOTE: I do not what I'm doing with sound and other games are fine!

Wow Factor: 4/10

Purley because its pretty and I secretly fancy Lara (well that's no longer a secret)

Replay Value: 0/10

I have the Platinum (1 pay through, sort of. See final verdict), now I'm going to sell it

Rent Or Buy This Game?

RENT or get of eBay cheap

3 - If I ever meet the developers or testers of this game they will know what pain is.

Worst part for me was a glitch in Mexico and all I could do was restart the entire game! NOT FUN EIDOS:mad:

Edited by TisorkA

Quite possibly the worst big title game I have ever played. I didn't think that would be possible after playing mercs2, but I was wrong.

First I will start with the good. The scenery looks great and it looks cool when you are climbing. That is it...

The bad...

First and foremost is the glitches. They are EVERYWHERE. I just finished my first play through and I can say that I glitched by getting stuck on something at least 50 times. Usually by jumping a few times you can get unstuck, but that isn't always the case. I luckily haven't had some of the other glitches that I have heard about with treasure and vehicle glitches. I can't tell you how many times the glitches got me killed. Single handily the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced in a game.

Second, the camera. It is terrible. When you are climbing through most of the game it moves on its own which is fine except for one detail, it changes the direction of your jumps. I recall several times where I am walking along some beam and the camera is slowly changing its view and when I press jump I go into a totally different direction than I am facing.

Third, controls. The controls are too sensitive and you can easily make a mistake. Even after playing for a while it will still happen.

Fourth, vehicles. The bike is terrible to drive. They should have just left this out of the game completely. It glitches just along with everything else.

Fifth, storyline. The plot is pretty weak. Didn't interest me at all and I have played other in this series. The real complaint here though is the level length. Some levels take little time to complete and others take a huge amount of time in comparison. I have no problem with long levels, but there is some consistency issues. It gets annoying.

Sixth, too easy. Even on the hardest mode the game is WAY too easy. It is more than likely because there is nothing to kill you. There is only a few enemies in this game to kill you. No boss fights and the only part with any real amount of enemies is the last level. If you have any skill climbing you will beat this without problem. Minus any glitches of course.

By the end of the game I was just happy to get it over with. I don't know if I have the stamina to get platinum. It seems like half of the topics about this game are how to avoid glitches or fix glitches. Terrible, just terrible.

Edited by kornordie

• 1 month later...

Story: 5 - Obviously a fair bit of thought has gone into it with a reason to go to all the old favourite locations (jungle, snow, etc.) but it is really not that interesting - cut scenes aren't too long though.

Gameplay: 7 - Classic Tomb Raider style gameplay - the puzzles are easier than some of the previous games - there is not enough action / enemies.

Controls: 3 - Not good enough - You spend enough time in this game shimmying and climbing without random sideways jumps plummeting you to the ground and making you do it all again.

Graphics: 7 - Nice but there are plenty better out there.

Sound: 5 - Hardly notice it - not overly good but not bad either.

Wow Factor: 4 - Nothing to blow you away - A couple of moments that are impresive but nothing ground breaking.

Replay Value: 2 - I replayed it for trophies but other than that I wouldn't

Rent Or Buy This Game? - Rent - or you could but my copy - I don't need it anymore.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 5 - Lara really hasn't gone anywhere in 10 years. Unfortunately there is not too many of these style of games so if you like them it's worth playing. It is ok but you'll be glad to finish it.

Story: 7/10 atlantis winged monster is kind of goofy. reminds me of alisha in tekken 6 and S.I.M.O.N from TR movies. It doesn't belong in an earth based universe.

Gameplay: 10/10 just perfect balance of puzzle solving and shooting. I thought uncharted was a little too violent-trophies required too many headshots and gunplay. TR kills beasts-tigers-as a means to an ends-to get into the set-this kind of violence is not as upsetting as shooting a neighbor in the head in multiplayer.

Controls: 7/10 not as bad as alone in the dark but pretty sloppy. Uncharted wins over tr here.

Graphics:10/10 wow amazing thailand jungle scene looks realistic. graphics are where this game shines. better than uncharted. and the thailand swimming scene is amazing. see through the water as if you are in bermuda or thailand itself.

Sound:10/10 whats wrong with the sound?

Wow Factor: 10/10 omg graphics knocked my sox off

Replay Value: 10/10 amazing!

Rent Or Buy This Game? buy this classic....now

P.S, I own 75+ PS3 titles. this is in the top 3!

Edited by XBOTS SUZORX
add postscript

• 1 month later...

Wow:eek:!! I have to say that you guys are playing a diferent game than me! I mean, for the most part:think:, some others you are right on the money:D!

Story: It´s there in betwen, not so bad and cliche (but what isn´t cliches now a days). I havent played tomb raider in years and i didnt follow the story until now, so only the fans can judge the overall picture. I will say that this sounds like a bad chapter of a good serie. You know those tv series that are good and the network decides to prolong the storie more than it´s suposed to in order to make more money (those allways have a tendency to suck)!! Being fair there far worst out there... I´ll give it 6/10 and no more!

Gameplay: your standart adventure game:o, you have platforming puzzles involving visualy nice acrobatics but are just easy to figure. Some underwater parts change the game a bit. Adition of real natural enemies, like sharks and gellyfish under water, tigers or pumas is nice(altough the shark is nice sometimes feels like they had no choice but to put it in a level, or it would just be a vast empty "sea", whit a smal puzzle to solve!) There little no enphasys on fighting, some say it´s good, i say it´s sometimes boring, but at least keeps you from being angry at the game because of the controls. Gameplay is week basicly because it resumes to "easy"(some arent easy only because of camera\controls) puzzles on deserted and long scenarios, which is BORING, expecialy for a game whit such history! I takes no more than 3/10 from me:(

Controls: What controls are you people talking about, this does not have controls:mad:!!!

You spend most of your time strugling whit the bloody camera:(. Lara can´t jump to save her life most of the time:mad:. And sometimes she lands on a surface only to fall trough it:confused:. The direction control is so nervous and twitchy, half the time lara jumps to her death rather to jump to a ledge:eek:!! When they work they´r kind of ok... but still very tacky a clumsy. An adventure game as to have better controls than this seriusly, or it will suck. resuming controls, are bad as bad controls get! So controls get a 2/10 (only because some times they are kind of usable;))

Graphics: This is the best and only good part of the game. jungles and ruins are nicelly designed. Theres some variety in since you change from lush green to grey catacumbs, from old cellars into ice palaces into underwater ruins. All are clear and whit good detail. On the other and charecters are plain plastic. Even Lara, they just tunned her cgi boobs and ass. This is the ps3 era come on:o!! There are much better looking games then this one:think:! So for the nice graphics it gets a 7/10!

Sound: Average, Lara screams aren´t annoing (she dies a lot from bugs lol). At least you don´t get to ear repetive lines and over and over again.Music is adequate and good for most part. not much to rant or praise in this level. Sound 6/10

Wow Factor:1/10 Only the fact that the game sells purely on the name and breasts of the lady Lara Croft!! Other than the name the game is as bland as bland gets.

Replay Value: 0,nickles, zits , Even if you played it for the trophies like me 1 playtrough is punishment enough!!

Rent Or Buy This Game? If you are a fan then buy it when it´s cheap or on Ebay for less then 15$!! Other than that, borrough it from someone:dance:!!

I played it for the trophies and because i wanted to change from shooters but it was a bad choice. Resuming, things are bad if developers keep making games like this, rellying just on a brand and a beautifull girl:rolleyes:. There are so many bugs, the camera is awfull, gameplay is bland at best, i could go on ranting about the flaws in the lazy design and unfinnished product feeling of it, but i have to say what hurts the most is that i looked up to tomb raider series as respected and inovative games that set the bar, and now it´s down to this... final note a very disapointing -3 :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Story: 8/10

Continues from the newly revamped series of Legend and Anniversary, and ties up a lot of loose ends nicely. It is very 'Hollywood Blockbuster Wannabe' but still engaging.

Pleanty more puzzles than Legend, and not just as linear. It is however, linear. Legend was basically a straight line with a few things in the way, Underworld is a squiggly line with a few large areas that take about 10mins to explore.

Glitchy, annoying and Lara feels like a heavy cow compared to Legend or Anniversary, but it is by no means the worst in the world.

This is the main redeeming feature of Underworld. You can say maybe one or two bad things about the graphics, but they look stunning. Enemy concepts are brilliant and Lara looks stunning [as always]! The Backrounds and level design have clearly had a lot of work put into them, and this is reflected in just how brilliant the game looks.

Sound: 9/10

Lara is voiced by the Lovely Keely Hawes as in the previous games which is always a plus! Aside from that, the backround noises and sync of voice/video is fairly accurate. 'Sounds lovely!'

Wow Factor: 7/10

Underworld pulls out a lot of stops, but not all of them. There are still a few things that could have tidied the whole game up and made it such a better game. But on looks, you will def go wow!

Replay Value:2/10

You can Plat this game in one sit through. I played it thrice. Once when it was released, a second time when they released the trophy patch, and finally as a speed run which took me... 35mins. No joke.

No replay value unless you want to enter treasure hunt mode, which I have yet to do.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Rent. You'll get the game for a week, so sit with your laptop open at Stella's guide and youll Plat it in 6hours max.

Underworld is a beautiful game, and a must have for any Tomb Raider Vets out there, [you know who you are] or you want an easy Plat, but a miss certianly if you think that it might be a good game to pick up and start 'getting into the franchise'. Start with TRI and work your way from there, so you can fall in love with Lara as I did.

My verdict, a slightly bias 8/10

• 3 months later...

Story 7/10: Nothing really fantastic or on the edge of your seat action, it was good nothing to sloppy it stayed on track and did keep you wondering whats going to happen next.

Gameplay 7/10: Puzzles are challenging at 1st because unlike Uncharted it dosn't really show where you have to go all the time, and items to continue are not neatly sitting right next to the door to progress.

Controls 6/10: The controls are not bad but the camera does not help them sometimes, the amount of times I died trying to jump to the next bit only for the camera to change Laras view and watch her jump straight off and die.

Graphics 7/10: Not bad for 2008 since it's 2010 and I've only got to play this game now I would say back in it's day they where good, the mist in the air when exploring ruins is great makes it more better for atmosphere.

Sound 8/10: Really cant say that the sound is fantastic the opera music in certain scenes is good and matches the mood quite well but sometimes is falls flat. The voice of Lara suits her character well not too sure about the bloke who did Alisters voice thou....

Wow Factor 7/10: Nothing really to say "Oh you've got to play this" for fans from the PS2 series it may answer some questions but since I haven't played any of the PS2 series and T.R 1 & 2 off PS1 was my last. Cant really say its fantastic well worth the play thou.

Replay Value 3/10: Apart from finding treasures you've missed thats all about it you can do mabye worth going back if its in your collection and you fancy some nostalgia.

Rent Or Buy This Game?: Rent cane be done within a few days but if you are a collector and have the rest then buy by all means.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score 7/10: T.R Underworld is a very good game to say it wasn't would be poor judgement, the game has some nice points about it and some of it's puzzles are better than what Uncharted has giving us. Graphics wise and sound very good but camera is probably the worst thing about the game just seriously flawed.

The series was great but in the PS2 series from what I gather it just went down hill but I would recommend playing back from the PS1 days if you can get your hands on them well worth the playthrough.

Story:Story was okay. This is the first Tomb Raider I have played so I didn't really understand all that much.

Gameplay:Good gameplay, Not many enemies in the game at all.

Controls:These are terrible. Lara Croft seems to do whatever she wants and then the camera will get stuck where you aren't even able to see a thing.

Graphics:AMAZING!!! Everything looks great!

Sound:N/A for me.

Wow Factor:It's alright. I would recommend it to all my friends so I guess it's got some wow.

Replay Value:I don't think I will be playing this again. Going to try and trade it for Dead Space :p

Rent Or Buy This Game?Might as well buy it seeing as it's only $20

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: If you're looking for a decent, cheap game and a platinum to boot this is the game for you.

My overall score is a 5/10.

• 4 weeks later...

Story: Im not sure if i have the rights to rate the story as i didnt play any Tomb raiders between Angel of darkness and this one, but it seemed rubbish. I wont let it make any difference to my final verdict though.

Gameplay: Puzzles werent very original and most of the time i was just hoping to get the chapter wrapped up. Combat was helluva boring.

Controls: Bit off when platforming, which often led to major frustration, totally off when in combat. Seriously, the run-n'-gun mechanics in this one were suckiest in any this-gen game ive played

Graphics: Graphics were quite nice and some larger areas looked impressive

Sound: Generic BLAM every time you shoot and thats about it

Wow Factor: Other than graphicwise, none

Replay Value: None. Ill never play this game again unless i really have to.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Neither, but if you insist on getting your hands on this, rent for a weekend for easy platinum

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 4

• 2 weeks later...

Reviewing Game-Tomb Raider Underworld

Story: 10/10 The story was on par with the previous TR titles

Gameplay: 3/10 The idea they had was good but due to bad camera angles it fell short of my expectations.

Controls: 3/10 Everything works fine till you try to get her to jump somewhere.

Graphics: 8/10 I enjoyed playing such a realistic TR game (In comparison to previous titles).

Sound: 7/10 Music was pleasant and fit the feel of the game in different situations.

Wow Factor: 3/10 the shoddy controls and horrible camera angles ruined what could have been a great game.

Replay Value:1/10 I got the platinum trophy on my 1st play through. I have no desire to play it again for quite a while.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

My wife purchased this game, she's a big fan of TR.

UNLESS your a big TR fan, just rent this game...

They had the right idea, the story was great! 5/10 overall:guns:

Edited by Redorae

• 1 month later...

Story 4/10: It was ok too short for me. They should have made it longer and more in depth.

Gameplay 4/10: Pretty much the same thing. Climb this, shoot that, jump to this and off of that. Puzzles are easy.

Controls 2/10: Don't even know how this game was released. The controls are so bad you will want to throw your controller through your tv screen. As you play you will fall and die more times than you can count. Bank on it.

Graphics 8/10: The environments are detailed and clean. Probably the only positive of this game unless you get off on Lara Croft pixels.

Sound 3/10: Sound was ok. Some annoying distortion in certain environments. Nothing spectacular.

Wow Factor 2/10: Graphics. Wow factor is 10/10 if you played to check out Lara's ass which will be in your face a lot. No epic boss fights. They could have made at least one towards the end but no.

Replay value: None. You can get all trophies in one play through assuming you choose the hardest setting which isn't hard at all. There are no bonus levels or anything.

Rent this game if you can't think of anything better to get or you want to get an easy platinum trophy. Or buy it for $10 sealed like I did at someone's yard sale. Guess the previous owner knew what to expect and didn't open it?

Personal verdict & final score: I really wanted to like this game, but the horrible controls, annoying camera angles, boring combat (no boss fights), constant jumping around, made me hate it and regret buying it. Final score: 3.8/10.