This is one big glitch festival

NTKrist

I wanted to start this game last night, revisiting an old favorite series from my teens, but after 1 mega frustrating hour I decided to give up before hurling my controller into the TV set.

In the intro level I got stuck in a glitch spot 3 times in the very first section, as soon as I grappled onto the first ledge I could neither move, jump from it or release it again. Restarted the game repeatedly until finally managing to jump a bit further to the left and thus avoiding the spot, only to get stuck again when I threw the tow cable for the first time. Here I couldn't release it or pull on it to break down the door until on the 2nd reload.

Well, after this, having restarted 4 times I finally got to the end of this very short intro and onto the boat and started diving for treasure, so far so good. After collecting 3 treasures I accidentally died as I wasn't paying attention (my kid was screaming to protest his bedtime in the next room :p) which caused me to respawn on the boat again, luckilly with the 3 treasures still in my inventory.

But now I couldn't dive back down to the seabed, jumping into the sea caused Croft to get pulled underneath the boat and nothing I could do would get her out from it and diving did nothing. Reloaded save, still the same, restarted game, went through the glitch intro again (restarting twice 'cos of same glitches) and when jumping from the boat again still got stuck underneath it.

I'm so puzzled at how people actually got through this game if this is a taste of things to come. I've never experienced anything like this in 28 years of gaming. Ye I've had glitches (or bugs - what happened to that term) ruin my fun several times, having to reload or restart, but so many bugs related to what seems to be horribly bad collision detection I haven't seen before.

Checked the threads here & saw that this is just the beginning, there are treasure glitches, trophy glitches and more colission glitches throughout the whole game - I'll be hard pressed to ever buy a game from Crystal Dynamics again after this, next time they should really consider hiring some game testers, it can do wonders for a game :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
The only glitch I encountered (so far) was once when I went to the in-game XMB and then came back, the game had frozen up. Thankfully I'd just saved, and this has only happened once. (Again, so far. My fingers are crossed for it to not happen again.)

I'm lucky that the only bugs I hit were when it froze twice in one playthrough and the generally awful controls

Ok I've started the game no problem. The controls are a bit poor considering but it isn't ruining the gameplay for me so far. The only problem I have encountered is the swan dive trophy for the top of the kraken room. I swan dived exactly from all videos I watched and no trophy. I even loaded up the game again but no trophy. I shall redo the game to attempt it see what happens, but at this moment in time I just want to play the game and enjoy the story.

P.S. Jungle shorts or Jungle pants... I know what ones I'm choosing lol. :whistle:

Ok I've started the game no problem. The controls are a bit poor considering but it isn't ruining the gameplay for me so far. The only problem I have encountered is the swan dive trophy for the top of the kraken room. I swan dived exactly from all videos I watched and no trophy. I even loaded up the game again but no trophy. I shall redo the game to attempt it see what happens, but at this moment in time I just want to play the game and enjoy the story.

Make sure you kill the Kraken first.

That's the problem with TR:U some of the trophies are very glitchy so all you can do is keep trying until they pop :(.

Also, see here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tomb-raider-underworld/101370-swan-dive-1-trophy-wont-unlock.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tomb-raider-underworld/124579-master-swan-diver.html

• 1 month later...

Unreal how glitchy this game is. Have had it for awhile but never played it. Decided to pop it in after many rage moments in the GOW series, wanted something a little less frustrating. Most games have SOME bugs, but this one is atrocious. All was going ok until I did my 1st speed run.

Got the trophy, drive down the steps and go to make jump and there is NO ramp. And stupid me did not create a game save from start of mission, so now I have to redo the entire game up until Mexico and HOPE for no more bugs. Why would they release this like this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After owning this game for two year's I finally got around to playing through it and Im happy to report that no major glitches came to light during my entire playthrough, thankfully... Having heard so many bad things about the collectables in the past, I checked the PDA and saved after collecting every treasure and successfully had no problems there.

There still were plenty of little bug's around the camera and the controls though, felt i was playing as Lara Clunk, not Croft lol.

I own the digital version though, perhaps that's why I didn't have too many problems

• 2 months later...
I own the digital version though, perhaps that's why I didn't have too many problems

i also own the digital version of the game (thanks ps+...??), and i only had, besides the not so good controls, only 2 glitches on the entire game, the first with the 4th tresure, it didnt count after several times. the second, right before the end, after crushing the second of 3 stones, i paused the game and then when i unpaused, the game frooze. other than that, i dont remember having any issues with the game

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to start this game last night, revisiting an old favorite series from my teens, but after 1 mega frustrating hour I decided to give up before hurling my controller into the TV set.

In the intro level I got stuck in a glitch spot 3 times in the very first section, as soon as I grappled onto the first ledge I could neither move, jump from it or release it again. Restarted the game repeatedly until finally managing to jump a bit further to the left and thus avoiding the spot, only to get stuck again when I threw the tow cable for the first time. Here I couldn't release it or pull on it to break down the door until on the 2nd reload.

Well, after this, having restarted 4 times I finally got to the end of this very short intro and onto the boat and started diving for treasure, so far so good. After collecting 3 treasures I accidentally died as I wasn't paying attention (my kid was screaming to protest his bedtime in the next room :p) which caused me to respawn on the boat again, luckilly with the 3 treasures still in my inventory.

But now I couldn't dive back down to the seabed, jumping into the sea caused Croft to get pulled underneath the boat and nothing I could do would get her out from it and diving did nothing. Reloaded save, still the same, restarted game, went through the glitch intro again (restarting twice 'cos of same glitches) and when jumping from the boat again still got stuck underneath it.

I'm so puzzled at how people actually got through this game if this is a taste of things to come. I've never experienced anything like this in 28 years of gaming. Ye I've had glitches (or bugs - what happened to that term) ruin my fun several times, having to reload or restart, but so many bugs related to what seems to be horribly bad collision detection I haven't seen before.

Checked the threads here & saw that this is just the beginning, there are treasure glitches, trophy glitches and more colission glitches throughout the whole game - I'll be hard pressed to ever buy a game from Crystal Dynamics again after this, next time they should really consider hiring some game testers, it can do wonders for a game :whistle:

This is a massacre! I have never seen such a terrible game in my life! The fact that it got great reviews is beyond me.*

I had no problem with the prologue, luckily. I can't say that for the next level. I started the next level, and dove down. I saw the first treasure (following the guide linked in the trophy guide), but it could not be picked up. Restart. I picked up the treasure. I saved my game because I had to go boost Warhawk. I expected to start at my old save, but I started on the boat. I dove down and ended up right below the boat. I loaded the last save. Same thing happened. I tried this 5 times, and then I restarted the level. Restart. I followed the treasure guide again, and I was at number 6. I swam up the hole mentioned and looked everywhere for the treasure on the ledge because I didn't see it. I went on YouTube and watched the treasure guide. After watching that there was actually a treasure in that hole, my game decided not to place a treasure there. I loaded the most recent save, and the boat thing. Restart. I decided to see that treasure 1st, and it was there. At that moment, I was about to toss my controller at the ground.*

I simply refuse to play a game where it's luck if a treasure shows up in the game world or not. It's enough having to get 179 treasures, but I am never going to restart a level 10X as mentioned to collect them, or even to progress. There was a reason this was free with PS+ and we all know why. This will be a forever 1% on my profile, unless there are other methods to platinuming this...*

• 11 months later...

Well it seems like some have very different experiences. I am over half way through and have only glitched once - got stuck in the insta kill water in the room with Thor's Statue. Other than that I had to dive from Amanda's ship several times before Swan Diver 2 popped, but that's literally it. About as many problems as I would have in other titles released around the same time.

• 1 month later...

Well this would have been a very simple plat if it wasn't for the fact that its a huge piece of glitchy crap! The list of problems is endless but my personal favourite has to be when I actaully fell through the level in Mexico! Brilliant!

• 4 months later...