Possible solution to the treasure glitch!

So I was playing TRU in treasure hunt mode and I followed a video guide so I wouldn't miss any treasures. At the end of the level, I realised that I had "missed" one. I then realised that this god damn glitch had happened. I deleted the treasure hunt SAVE file and then started a new game. (DO NOT DELETE Progress and Settings!) I followed a video guide again and when I came to the one that had glitched it suddenly re-appeared and it registered.

So basically, if this glitch happens to you. Delete the treasure hunt save file (NOT THE PROGRESS AND SETTINGS), and start new game. The glitched treasure should re-appear.

I hope this has helped.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I delete the treasure hunt save will all the treasures I collected be reset? My southern Mexico level glitched and im wondering if I have to play this unbearable game from the beginning again just for 1 treasure. Also if I keep progress and settings will I have chapter select still?

Whoa, serious? You mean if I delete my treasure hunt mode file and start a new game, I can still select where I want to go?

Because yes, I'm pretty sure I got the treasure glitch. It's hard to tell though...I followed a video guide for Thailand, and I'm pretty sure I got everything...but then, I can't quite tell. I'm sick of exploring this level lol.

Damn...good thing I explored a bit more...I actually WAS missing one treasure. Lol. This glitch is gettin me all paranoid. So now I'm saving everytime I find treasure, then I pick it up, and see if it registered. Still, this thread would have saved my ass, and my motivation, if I had experienced the glitch.

Right now I'm tryna get the treasures from Southern Mexico.

Is there even any good reason why my flashlight doesn't turn on anymore? It won't even appear in my gear list. This game is way too random with its glitches lol.

• 2 weeks later...
The Treasure Hunt file is your main save file and yes you will have to collect all the Treasures again. Do NOT delete the locked Progress and Settings file else you will be screwed.

Ah that sucks, I'm checking after every treasure I get to see if it registered, so far so good, hopefully I won't have to do this. Man I hate collections. At least there's an easier way for everyone it's happened to instead of starting completely again.

EDIT: Following this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaVdetbn3jo&list=PL7A6E8DE5713B79DF&index=1&feature=plpp_video]Tomb Raider: Underworld Walkthrough - Mediterranean Sea 1/5 - YouTube[/ame] at 8:38, is that a treasure, or another item? I ask because it's different to the treasures up to this point, and it didn't record in stats + I didn't hear it make the jingly noise, indicating that it's not, I just want to be sure. Using an alternative save now anyway if need be I'll do this level from here again. (will check stats at end of level either way)

Edited by Frxn

Ah that sucks, I'm checking after every treasure I get to see if it registered, so far so good, hopefully I won't have to do this. Man I hate collections. At least there's an easier way for everyone it's happened to instead of starting completely again.

its not a treasure its a health item, if you listen close it makes a different type of noise when you pick it up, as long as you let the treasure make the "bling" sound and wait about 10 seconds before pick up it will never glitch

its not a treasure its a health item, if you listen close it makes a different type of noise when you pick it up, as long as you let the treasure make the "bling" sound and wait about 10 seconds before pick up it will never glitch

Thanks, I was wondering what it was if not a treasure. I've finally done the first level, took 3-4 hours lol most of that time the game was paused, the game is such a drainer for me, hopefully I'll start getting into it soon, don't want to play through it being bored the whole time..

It's by no means difficult, everything is straight-forward and linear, but I'm actually struggling to play more than 10 minutes at a time. It was alright when there was dudes to kill but from what I've been reading there isn't many enemies lol

I followed the instructions. So I'll have to play through the game again and kill all the enemies and re-do all the puzzles; but all the treasures I previously collected will not be there. The glitched ones should re-appear? Someone said I would be able to chapter-select in my new game--> I don't think that works.