Tomb Raider: Underworld JP

hi everyone,

i have the japanese version of TRU and i'm near the end at the moment and got a save where i only have to take the last treasure for the trophy to pop.

indeed for some reason, i wanted to delete the patch 1.1 this morning, the problem is since i did i can't update the game with the patch.

when i start the game, it tells me to update to 1.1, so i say ok, it download the patch, but when installation should start, there is an error (8002ae22).

so please someone help, thanks in advance !

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn off the Media Servers option in the PS3 Network Settings menu as that option is known to cause problems.

Also PSN is dodgy at th moment so that may be your problem as well.

@Rockets88:

No patch=no trophies. Even if the trophy list is there, without the patch you wont get any trophies.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info

hi,

i made the game the first time and forgot 1 treasure so i started the hunt mode to get it. when i got it the trophy didn"t pop, so i deleted the patch to try to reinstall everything.

thanks for your answers, i'll try this you tell me terminator and i'll tell you if it worked later.

thanks again friends.

In that case try the advice here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/16307-ps3-optimal-network-settings-guide.html but if that doesn't work the there could be a problem with your machine, in which case try the recovery menu: Firmware 2.50 adds hidden recovery menu | Joystiq

Before you try the Recovery menu, try deleting all your TR:U saves (including the locked progress file, after backing them up first of course ;)) and try downloading the patch again.

I've done some digging around and nobody is 100% sure what causes this error only that the Error Code means "Unknown Installation Error". Tomb Raider: Underworld (JP), Soul Calibur 4, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Fifa 10 are the games that most commonly experience this error.

What I've discovered so far is that something is screwing up the patch as it downloads which is corrupting it.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...