Nepal Time Trial Glitch.

Straatveger

Did this ever happen to you while you where going for the time trail in Nepal?

When i did this, at the end of the level where you just got the sword, and used it to open the door, i jumped over the bridges but missed the last jump. Then i died. Start again right? Well, not exactly, because when the last checkpoint is loaded, i cant open the door! Why? because for some strange reason, my sword is gone! I only have the pistols. Retry the entire level. Shit, again i fell to my death on that last part. And once again, the sword is gone. Retry the level again, and yes after i missed a jump (or could be that i was swearing alot of this crap) , i once again saw the bottom up close. Why my sword is gone i have no idea?? But i did this level 6 times. This ever happen to you ???

• 3 weeks later...

This exact same thing happened to me today.

Doing the time trial on Nepal, got the sword, opened the door, missed the second jump leading to my death, and when the checkpoint loads the sword is gone.

Very frustrating :mad:

Hopefully I'll be more successful on my 2nd try.

Failed on my 2nd try, but luckily I had the sword with me when the checkpoint loaded.

I guess the game screws you out of the sword whenever it feels like it.

Edited by Bounty V
please use the edit function instead of double posting

This also happened for me :( But not just in time trial, also happened in my replay run of nepal to collect a few missed rewards.

Happening in time trial is so annoying as there is no way to kill yourself either to get a restart at last checkpoint :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

... arrghh reading your comments is already giving me a headache. I know that first jump, as I keep on missing it during my first (HARD TR) playthrough... so far I have done 3 time trials and they are already a bit of a pain... I hope it doesn't glitch on me... but reading how this problem is as old as PS2, I doubt it...

fingers crossed...

... To collect artifacts when this glitch finally caught up with me. I "paused" the game just right after the cutscene (upon leaving the door) when Lara just fell off the cliff (upon resuming the game). Came respawn, I had no Excalibur!

Don't know what must have triggered it. The "one shot kill" cheat perhaps? So yeah, this glitch is still very much alive...

-----

Also discovered that you can't use the Amanda Winter outfit in Nepal. You don't even get past the first ledge. You get stuck and eventually you fall off the cliff.

Edited by Naps

• 3 years later...