Time Trial Glitch

mhughes1212

Not sure if anyone else has encountered this glitch but its almost game breaking unless you are perfect.

Im in Peru where I just get Excalibur, use Excalibur to break through the door and start the process of jumping fast from platform to platform.

The first time I died and when I respawned I was back inside the tomb and needed to break through the door........problem is I DONT HAVE EXCALIBUR in my inventory anymore.

So I restarted and did it again.................made it to the last platform and missed my jump.......restarted inside the tomb with no damn sword....awesome job testing the game.

I tried contacting CD to tell them of this glitch and how its unbelievable that you respawn without the necessary tools to beat a time trial mode but was unsuccessful

Lame

Anyone else or am I the only person who doesnt spawn with the sword if you fail the jumps?

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/mhughes1212.png

I hate this glitch a lot it made me do it around 7 times

i think i found a solution to this glitch while playing

1. break the door and a checkpoint should appear (don't go forward or you're fuck up)

2. Then back up go to the door that you came first and a checkpoint should appear

3. (i think you have to repeated step 1 and 2)( not really sure about it)

4. a checkpoint should appear when you are going out

And if you mess up the jumping you should restart without the weapon but with the door open.:dance::applause::dance::applause:

OFF TOPIC

will cheat disable trophy because i start hard mode with cheat?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this glitch but its almost game breaking unless you are perfect.

Im in Peru where I just get Excalibur, use Excalibur to break through the door and start the process of jumping fast from platform to platform.

The first time I died and when I respawned I was back inside the tomb and needed to break through the door........problem is I DONT HAVE EXCALIBUR in my inventory anymore.

So I restarted and did it again.................made it to the last platform and missed my jump.......restarted inside the tomb with no damn sword....awesome job testing the game.

I tried contacting CD to tell them of this glitch and how its unbelievable that you respawn without the necessary tools to beat a time trial mode but was unsuccessful

Lame

Anyone else or am I the only person who doesnt spawn with the sword if you fail the jumps?

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/mhughes1212.png

Man this glitch was annoying! Pissed me off no end yesterday. I don't know if you still need the trophy or not, but if you do then I have a little tip that will help you breeze through this time trial. On the third jump - make sure you land at least on the middle of the platform (or ideally slightly to the left) this gives you enough time to get to the end of the platform before the boulder hits and makes it tumble. First time I tried this - success at last!

If you don't really understand what I'm saying - this youtube video should help (fast forward to about 7.20):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHa5FHVAws]YouTube - ‪Tomb Raider Legend Nepal time trial‬‏[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...

1. break the door and a checkpoint should appear (don't go forward or you're fuck up)

2. Then back up go to the door that you came first and a checkpoint should appear

And if you mess up the jumping you should restart without the weapon but with the door open.:dance::applause::dance::applause:

OFF TOPIC

Wow excellent solution. Thanks for this. It sucks this glitch happens on one of the hardest jumping sequences in the game. I'm glad I checked this topic after experiencing this glitch 3 times in a row.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I also just had this happen to me. Fell and died at last jump 2 separate times having to restart because I lost Excalibur. I found a surefire way to NOT get this glitch to happen...

I had one hit kill cheat on. After my 2nd glitch, i turned off the game, restarted game, then went to Nepal TT with NO CHEATS ON!! That is the key. Its no problem, either. There are only 2 leopards and the one merc section with 5 or 6 baddies. I purposely fell and died on last jump, and lo and behold, I still had Excalibur!

So, if you dont want this to happen, just make sure not to put any cheats on for this TT. I still finished with 4.5 minutes to spare!

• 10 months later...

Cheats have nothing to do with the glitch. I've encountered it both on Time Trial and Chapter Select. The only way I've found to prevent this is BioshockMasterGOW23's triple checkpoint method. Do that and you'll be in the clear.

...I hate this glitch. I loathe this glitch. This glitch has made me play Nepal 8 times in total. @#%$&!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

OFF TOPIC

I don't think this method works! As soon as you get Excalibur, a cutscene appears... Then you head to the "back door" and use the sword... Soon afterwards another cutscene and there is no checkpoint to go back to at all. The door will get blocked by debris and the only option is to go forward. A second late reaction will most certainly end up in death. Didn't get the chance to use Stella's shortcut though.

Waiting for the checkpoint to do a treble save (which does not exist) actually got me killed. Came respawn, no sword! Ugh. Had to do the chapter again.... Anyhoo, got it on my second try the natural way.

Same with the 2 Ghana (West Africa) "shortcuts". You spend more time trying to learn how to do them. Got annoyed on how uncooperative the glitches were and just went ahead the normal way... and guess what, even with about 3-4 deaths I still made it with time to spare. The secret weapon though is the "one shot kill" cheat/assist. You really have to use that especially at the boss level.

Edited by Naps

• 4 weeks later...

OFF TOPIC

well done this works well got it now thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...