Rate the trophy difficulty...  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_5.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I haven't voted. Haven't even got the game, but I think I did all the requirements for this back on the ps2 and just to say for anyone on the fence about this that it's not so tough, but definitely harder than Underworld. I gave Underworld a 2 I think, this will prob be a 4ish, also it's by far the best TR game since the ps1.

I will say though that I don't know what the 'Super actions' are, so they could potentially make it harder, doubt it though.

Edited by McGarnigle

The "Super Actions" are QTEs at the end of each level boss fight, just two or three button/trigger presses. Make sure to save before each boss fight so that if you hose the QTE the first time around you can reload and start the fight over.

I played all three of these games to 100% completion on the 360. None of the cheevos were particularly difficult. Legend and Underworld are both good games; Anniversary is one of my favorite games of all time.

If the trophies are on par with the difficulty level on the 360, I'd give Anniversary a a 3, Legend a 4 and Underworld a 3.

I'd say a 3 or 4 - Time trials can be annoying, but certainly doable. many of them I am breezing through on my first run, while others take multiple attempts. Somewhat time consuming, but easy if you focus on getting all trophies in one world at a time - for instance, do the Peru speed runs after completing the rest of the trophies in Peru. This will help you while the level is still fresh in your mind. Also, may be easiest to do 2 playthroughs - one easy for trophies, then go for the gold.

I think PS3 trophies are different then 360 achievements.

The "Super Actions" are QTEs at the end of each level boss fight, just two or three button/trigger presses. Make sure to save before each boss fight so that if you hose the QTE the first time around you can reload and start the fight over.

I played all three of these games to 100% completion on the 360. None of the cheevos were particularly difficult. Legend and Underworld are both good games; Anniversary is one of my favorite games of all time.

If the trophies are on par with the difficulty level on the 360, I'd give Anniversary a a 3, Legend a 4 and Underworld a 3.

I finished the plat yesterday, it wasn't too rough. Best way is to do the Lost Island time trials first so that you can use the Golden Shotgun one-shot kill cheat on the others. The only time trial that should give you trouble is the Tomb of Tihocan level in Peru where you have to position the platforms to jump to the side doors. Overall, I'd give it a 3 for difficulty.

I just got the Platinum. I gave it a 5, nothing is too hard except for the time trials. Most are easy but one or two can be extremely hard. I have played all Tomb Raider games and had the 1000g on the Xbox 360 version, if that helps to put my vote into perspective.

I just got the Platinum. I gave it a 5, nothing is too hard except for the time trials. Most are easy but one or two can be extremely hard. I have played all Tomb Raider games and had the 1000g on the Xbox 360 version, if that helps to put my vote into perspective.

Yeah. I really had trouble with the "Obelisk of Khamoon" speedrun.

I just got my Platinum on this. I voted a very weak 4 on this. More like 3.5 tops. Legend, I gave that a 3 so you know. :)

I had no problem with time attack at all and no, didnt use cheats. Didnt even noticed there was any, until later. It took me 19 hours to get the Platinum (12 on Legend).

Anyhow, a very good game. Better than legend in my opinion, I will now test my skills on Underworld. :o

Just got my platinum. I would definitely say a 5 due to the pressure of the time trials and how precise some of Lara's moves have to be, along with requiring her to carry out some awkward moves that can screw up your game progress if you mess up. For the time trials I used youtube and I found this helped me alot, so if you're struggling I'd seriously recommend checking out other people's time trials on these levels on youtube. I think this is the hardest and most rewarding platinum in the trilogy. Just so glad I've got it over and done with now :dance:

Edited by mike87

Just got my platinum. I would definitely say a 5 due to the pressure of the time trials and how precise some of Lara's moves have to be, along with requiring her to carry out some awkward moves that can screw up your game progress if you mess up. For the time trials I used youtube and I found this helped me alot, so if you're struggling I'd seriously recommend checking out other people's time trials on these levels on youtube. I think this is the hardest and most rewarding platinum in the trilogy. Just so glad I've got it over and done with now :dance:

I feel the same. I just got mine this morning, and must say it's much harder than Legend and Underworld. The time trials are certainly doable...but in several of them you really can't make but a couple of mistakes, and only one if it's a bad one. Some of the jumps and grapple/wall runs seem to just not work sometimes...one time I'd get it the first try, the next time it would take me 10 tries. I already had the plat for Underworld from it's original release, and I'm definitely glad I did, because after dealing with this game, I don't think I could do another one right now, lol. It's a great game though, but as the above post says, I'm really glad to be done with it now. ;)

Give this a 2 because there's nothing to hard. Done all the time trials in 1 or 2 tries with having loads of time to spare in most of them. Did have this game for the PS2 and I done everything in it so I had done it all before.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted the difficulty as being a 2.

I'm always kind of torn when voting in these threads between my personal appraisal of the game and how I think (objectively speaking) other people might fare in the game; personally this game is a 2 for me, but some might find the time-trials a bit demanding, and that might make it more of a 4 or 5.

Anyways, for me it was a 2; some of the collectibles were surprisingly well-hidden for a game that isn't all that expansive; the only thing I really had any trouble with, though, was the the first time-trial in Greece: I did it about 10 times without getting anywhere close to making the time, but then I figured out a couple of useful shortcuts (not using glitches) and finished it with more than 7 minutes left on the clock.

I voted 5, solely because some of the time trials would have been impossible for me to do without activating some of the cheats. Even with the golden shotgun (which kills enemies with one shot) I only had 1 minute left in the T-rex level and in the centaur bosses level. The times were much tighter than they were in Legend.

The main playthrough was easy, I still remembered a lot of the game from when I played it on the ps2 some years ago and was therefore able to find the locations of all the collectibles without a guide and get past every part of the game easily.

i voted 4.

the game is very easy even in the hard difficulty.

for anyone who is avoiding to play this game because of the time trial, i would say you should give it a shot since time trials are not that hard.

i managed to finish all time trial levels ( except Peru levels) with 2 minutes in the clock.

for time trial:

1- 1st complete PERU levels = infinity 50 Duel

2- Then complete LOST ISLAND levels = golden shotgun

3- to make Greek easy, complete EGYPT levels = infinity Health

the 1st time trial level in Greek (which seems to be the hardest one) will be very very easy because of the INFINITY HEALTH. you won't die if you jump from higher places or being hit by electricity or the arrowhead.

hope that help u guys :)

sorry for my bad english

Edited by hulais