wall run grapple ???

I am having difficulty with the wall run. I know how to jump and grap the thing on the wall. The problem is getting to jump to a ledge. Do i need to piont the stick into the direction i want to jump ? Do i need as high as i can get and press X (or pointing into a direction and then press X) ??

Having problems like this section of this level (7:25).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0fC7fO43o4]HD Tomb Raider Anniversary Time Trial (Temple of Khamoon 2) - YouTube[/ame]

Last time i needed 15 goes, before i reached the left ledge.

So in a time trail, this is a big ostacle.

Big thanks for help !

• 1 month later...

.. it's a bit temperamental, as you know how the controls are in the TR: Trilogy. Yeah, I do the point-direction then quickly press :cross: upon release. Have you done the time trials yet? Believe me, this part of the game will make your blood boil. Missing a sequence involving the grapple will add more misery on your time trial run.

• 3 weeks later...

just finished my time trials and going for hardcore, got stuck on the last room of the sanctuary of the scion, had the last lock of the door to open with 6mins left and just couldnt make the grapple jump and failed the trial...normal grapple jumps are easy, just start swinging and hold the stick right or left depending on where you need to jump, the reverse jumps are what killed me. For me it worked easier if when you are at the peak of the wall run, let go of the analogue stick and just press x and she usually does it...but controls a VERY tempermental.

• 1 month later...