Time Trials

I dont know how hard it is, but I recommend you to try the time trials in tomb raider> legend as they seem to be easier. I have just recently platted underworld and now going for aniversary. So if you havent try legend first as it is a prequel xD Its best to play the story from start to finish IMO. GL with time trials dude

man legend has time trial trophys too :(

underworld was super eazy to get plat btw.had no trouble whit that ad all

I'm not sure how many times you've played the game so far, but maybe you should play again and take some notes on the harder levels. Plan a good route, watch a Youtube walkthough or something.

Remember, they are not meant to be easy.

However, once you have gone through the game once or twice, you should have most levels done with minutes to spare, there are some really tricky ones, but nothing majorly hardcore.

Legend time trials are easier, due to the levels being shorter and more straight forward. Anniversary ones can be a pain (plus Croft Manor has a time trial too)

My recommendation, play the game through once, then play through it again for any collectable/weapon trophies you've missed, by that time you should have a good understanding of the levels and puzzles. Take is easy, don't rush as fast as you can and risk mistakes where you could fall and lose vital minutes. Be careful when it comes to sections that have dart traps etc, wait a few times to get the rhythm right before making the jump.

i am on my 3th time going treu the game.only need a few more trophys and the time trail ones.so far i got 3 time trails done.i tryed Croft Manor but thats just krazy.guy on youtube had like 13 secs to spare.realy hope i can get this done.i dont give up fast on my games but this driving me nuts :D

bad english yea i know.

Personally I'd suggest doing Peru first to unlock unlimited .50 cal bullets, then doing Atlantis for the Golden shotgun, then going back to Egypt and Greece. There are some really annoying parts in Atlantis that the 50 cals will help with, and everything in Peru will either die easily or can be avoided.

How does air walk help when you can only walk on one flat level, what if you need to climb up something or pick something up? I don't see how air walk can assist you.

Plenty of places this helps, also walking on a slope raises your height, hitting a sloped ceiling lowers you. Picking up items does ends te walk but you still get the item, such as in the Midas example I'll post below.

The Lost Valley - After you kill the T-Rex continue as normal until you are on the roof of the building where its body is, there is a place to step up onto right as you get ontop of it, use this and you can run across the entire valley (use a slope near the exit for some height) to the valley exit and skip all the cimbing and jumps, but do not stop moving and you can (with the celing lowering you in the cave-hallways) air-walk over all the pit areas that lead back to the main room with the giant cog mechanism.

Collesium. In the main collesium area kill the two gorrilas then process onto the stairs and run to were you normally jump and grab a pillar with cracks.

Instead of jumping to the pillar use the top step to air-walk, you can now walk over to the exit area and can skip climbing to the switch-lever, opening the doorway that leads underneath where you got in, getting the key, climbing back up to where you use the key, climbing up high and swinging on grapple hooks and climbing over to the exit.

Midas Palace -Really great here. In the start area climb up the right as you normally would, use the switch then use the steps by the switch to air-walk across the other side of the room and use that switch to open the door behind Midas, this will break the air walk so start another on the steps where you are and air walk behind Midas, through the door and corridoors and into the water filled room that starts with fire and such when you hit a switch normally. Do not do that though, keep airwalking over to a small block in the water to the left of the room, drop onto it, jump and grab the ladder and climb up/pull switch, this raises a circular platform, from here you do as you normally do, jumping to the circle tower between you and that, jumping across, climbing up and getting the lead bar only you skipped a huge chunk of the room and have no fire to deal with.

Midas still - Back in the main room get back to the second switch you pulled as described above, air walk on the step again and follow the corridor that connects to that platform, when you get to the large room go aross to the other side and end air walk, go to ground level. Turn around and in the giant pillar and slightly raised is a lead bar only you cannot reach it. Now usually you go underneath this room and cause the pillar to collapse so you get the lead bar, but then the room is filled with sand and you need climb and such through it all, we are skipping all this. Use the ledge directly under the lead bar to air-walk, now walk backwards and into the passage that has some steps, go up the steps to raise your height but just slightly, then continue to air-walk back over to the lead bar and pick it up, air walk ends. Air Walk again on same spot as just before and this time go to the stairs, all the way up and back into the room and air-walk to the place you entered from leading back to main Midas room.

Midas AGAIN - In the room with the final lead bar instead of pulling the lever that raises the platforms and cimbing you air-walk on the steps that lead to that lever and just walk across the room (walk up to the lever first to get height). This is also an easy way to get the relic in the corner, and there is rubble by the relic to air-walk again and get to the lead bar too all at once (if got relic already just walk to the lead bar).

Tomb of Tihocan - Slightly harder to start the air walk here, in the large room where you normally need raise/lower water etc as you first enter the room go forward and turn left towards the thing you turn to change water height. Now there is nothing to step up onto so instead we use the edge of the platform you stand on, where the platform ends and is in line with the wall it opens up a bit making room for the switch mechanism, it makes a right angle (90 degree angle) on the floor and a small gap to jump across, you want to step back a bit and jump and do the same air-walk method as usual except you want to jump over the gap made by the right angle and onto the ledge in line with the wall, hopefully not falling to your death should you mess it up (usually if you mess up she just grabs the ledge instead of falling letting you easy retry). Anyway if you air-walk here you just run across the entire room, skipping 90% of the level.

There are probably more, I'm finding these as I go along and this is where I am up to. I know the description of the last one is poor but I cannot make videos and not sure if I can get a camera for pics. Sorry for some typos in this my typing skills suck.

Edited by KylieDog

Oh my god I just did Obelisk of Khamoon in 3 minutes 37 seconds, including a few failed attempts at doing the air-walk.

It is another where it is hard to explain what to do to do the airwalk, but basically the main large room where you find the 4 key items is the only room you need enter to get them all. Anyone who tried the level normally knows what a pain in the backside it is. The game gives you 18 minutes to do it.

I'll try find a camera to explain it where you jump, is another right angle on a flat surface over a gap.

The final Egypt TT is quite hard too, not so many parts to benefit from airwalk but can skip the entire room where you lower/raise water near the end by using the slight few steps just by the entrance to the room then walking across and drpping at the cost of some health.. Saves a few minutes

Can use it when you first get behind the giant statue on the steps there, only save maybe 30-60s each side but it all adds up.

Working on those pictures.

i wanna learn see how this airwalk is done are there any videos how its done? as i cant seem to do it

Find a ledge where lara climbs up using a knee, no higher, take astepor two away from it.

1. Press jump.

2. Immediatly press and hold L1.

3. With a tiny delay after point 2, press up (this makes lara jump forward)

4. Press and hold any movement direction

Lara should mess up the normal knee climb animation because of the pistols being drawn. Very easy to do.

There are videos on youtube I saw but he talks about firing the gun and seems to be doing a much harder method than I just explained.

Anyone pissed off about cutscenes count in time trial? I'm just at the peru, and the third part where Lara meets the T-Rex, there is this 3 part thingy at the end. When Lara uses a clog, the camera SLOWLY shows around the thing that will moves, and the three showing takes almost a minute! Such a pain.