'Tough Enough' trophy is glitched! Read!

Wolfie

I jest beat TRA on hard but trophy didn't pop out. I just found this on xbox360achievements.org: "I've been hearing about a glitch that prevents the "Hard Game" achievement from unlocking. I've heard from many different people that playing a time trial sets the difficulty of your save file to medium, so when going for the "Hard Game" achievement DO NOT play a level under time trial difficulty until you complete the game."

Hmm, that's not good news at all. I started on Hard and am now in Greece (level 2, I think) but have already done the Crof Manor TT at some point. Is this confirmed? I don't want to replay the whole game a third time...

Yes, it's confirmed. You can complete the game in less than 3 hours if you rush through it though.

I have the same problem, but i didnt play time trial. I just play Croft Manor for secrets and the trophy wont pop up at the end... So maybe you cant play nothing else until finishing "hard game".

But now, i finished the game, there is no "New Game", so it is enough if i complete all level on "hard"?

P.S.: Sorry for my english... :)

I just got the Platinum and in order to avoid this "glitch" just don't do any Time Trials until you beat the game. Play through the story and enjoy this wonderful game. After that you can do The Manor and the Trials. That is what I did and had no problem with any of the trophies.

I just got the Platinum and in order to avoid this "glitch" just don't do any Time Trials until you beat the game. Play through the story and enjoy this wonderful game. After that you can do The Manor and the Trials. That is what I did and had no problem with any of the trophies.

Yup you are correct. The same applies with TR Legend. I can confirm this, first the playthrough on hard and then the time trials and clean up

I started a hard playthrough but played time trial after Peru.

As expected, "tough enough" didn't unlock.

I used "replay level" on hard for Greece, Egypt and Lost Island (with gold shotgun and infinite health enabled) and the trophy popped after the last level.

I am new to the site and didnt know if this was worthy of a new thread but anyways I ran into an in game glitch that was there in the older versions on the Greece--St. Francis Folly level and they did not fix. It caused me to loose over an hour becuase i had not saved for a while and if you do this part wrong it is impossible to pass without reloading a save. Whenever you enter the Damocles room you have to pull down a big block in order to put under the door to prop it up. however, if you do not pull it down with the ring on the block facing up it will not prop the door up far enough to continue. So i recomend saving before this part in case the block does not fall down the correct way.

Just to let everyone know, I've been working on a trophy guide for TR:A today, it's about 90% done and I'll be finished tomorrow, just wondering if anyone was in the process of making a guide, let me know, I'd hate for us both to post a guide at the same time or something.

The only trophy I need clarrification on (and I'm yet to unlock it myself) is the Kill 6 Rats in Egypt with a boulder trophy, if somebody could explain that to me I'll credit it into the trophy guide.

Much appreciated.

The only trophy I need clarrification on (and I'm yet to unlock it myself) is the Kill 6 Rats in Egypt with a boulder trophy, if somebody could explain that to me I'll credit it into the trophy guide.

Much appreciated.

That trophy is actually really easy. In the level where you roll a boulder down about five or six ramps right in a row (I believe it's the third: sanctuary of the scion. After you unlock the door with the two ankh keys) you just need to manually roll the ball rather than letting it go. You can even kill the rats by pulling the ball backwards and it still works

Edited by pikec21

• 2 months later...

I'm getting quite worried now. I'm near the end of my hard playthrough, but started a time trial on the first Peru level. I didn't finish it (due to a few mistakes) and quit to the main menu.

Will this affect me getting the Tough Enough trophy??

EDIT: Yup, my worst fears are confirmed. I completed the game last night, and no trophy popped up.

Edited by dw1986

• 3 weeks later...

Well, crap. If I had noticed this topic a bit sooner, I would have left the time trials alone until I got the Tough Enough trophy (then again, I'm a bit late to the party). Now I already did the Croft Manor time trial... but I was playing through the main game on Normal anyway. Oh well, once I'm done with everything else I'll backup my savegame before starting a new game, so I can complete Hard mode without having to worry about this glitch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...