Game Informer Dissed This Game!!

In its issue with their top 50 games of 2013, this was not only excluded, but even on their editors lists, it was absent. Completely!!

Are you effin serious?

This was my personal GOTY. This game blew me away to the point where I Platted it on 2 accounts, & may play through again.

This omission was almost as bad as deejay @EddieTrunk originally forgetting to put '13' by Black Sabbath in his to 10 albums of 2013.

Sad.

In its issue with their top 50 games of 2013, this was not only excluded, but even on their editors lists, it was absent. Completely!!

Are you effin serious?

This was my personal GOTY. This game blew me away to the point where I Platted it on 2 accounts, & may play through again.

This omission was almost as bad as deejay @EddieTrunk originally forgetting to put '13' by Black Sabbath in his to 10 albums of 2013.

Sad.

Even Game Informer is put together by humans with various tastes. I don't get why ppl get angry over stuff like this, you either like a game or not and in their case they obviously thought that 50 games were better than this one. Look for a gaming website thats more aligned with the games you like. :)

Game Informer admittedly has interesting stuff in each issue but at the same time they also have a history of sometimes coming across as biased, whiny, and acting like their shit don't stink. For the better part of a year after the Wii U was launched, they wouldn't stop whining about the length of the seventh generation console era. Given how they'd acted, I'm amazed they aren't already whining like spoiled brats about the new generation and demanding to know where the PS5, Xbox 2, and Wii U 2 are. So all in all, when they whine like they did in relation to the topic at hand, it's best just to ignore them. Times like this it shows how full of themselves they can be due to their line of work while acting like they're entitled to everything.

Wow. Good stuff, @Tiberius.

Hey, maybe it's a Minnesota thing, since their teams suck. Lol

I still like the mag, never noticed their bias, honestly. Hey, bring back Gamepro!

This game is too good to be disrespected, though

And it gets cold as shit in winter there too, maybe that's also why Game Informer gets grumpy at times. :D

• 1 month later...
Game Informer has a history of sometimes coming across as biased, whiny, and acting like their shit don't stink.

So all in all, when they whine like they did in relation to the topic at hand, it's best just to ignore them.

LOL! Never heard it put like that, but it's true. Game Informer writers are very intelligent, and 95% of the time the reviews and interviews are truly informative. Occasionally there is an elitist attitude which creeps into some of the articles, but this is not unique to GI. Some of the most intelligent people I've ever met display the same narcisstic streak. It comes across as, "Oh, the common folk can't possibly fathom the depth of wisdom I have from being in the center of the [gaming] industry!" Don't feed the trolls, and it eventually goes away.

18 reviewers not having this in their top 10 for 2013 isn't a big surprise, giving that Game Informer was evaluating hundreds of games across multiple platforms. Compared to PS3 titles that did make the list: The Last of Us, GTA V, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider - Blacklist is simply outclassed. While it is a solid game, Blacklist isn't groundbreaking in any sense, relying on tried-and-true strategies adapted from other games without really pushing the envelope. Sorry you're bummed, but I wouldn't say GI "dissed" Blacklist. The game just didn't make the cut. Game Informer writers Ben Reeves and Andrew Reiner both evaluated the game, but I agree with Reiner's reasons to not include it in the top 50 of 2013, particularly with all the other console/PC offerings they had to evaluate. However, I disagree that Blacklist is "step in the wrong direction for the series":

Top 50 Challenge

Reeves' review is here: Fight For The Top 50

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 2 weeks later...
Wow. Good stuff, @Tiberius.

Hey, maybe it's a Minnesota thing, since their teams suck. Lol

I still like the mag, never noticed their bias, honestly. Hey, bring back Gamepro!

This game is too good to be disrespected, though

90s egm> psn magazine >game pro > game informer

on topic, its a shame that this game passed away fast, i love the plot and story development, the controls feel awesome and the stealth is exciting, a thing that most of the games of the genre fail to do. Great music and a simple yet enjoyable MP experience, and a much better paladin special edition kit :D .

too bad that 2013 belonged to last of us and gta V :(

Edited by DonChipotle

Are you effin serious?

Sad.

Its just an opinion......

• 2 months later...

Are you effin serious?

Sad.

I wouldn't take it personally, there were a lot of games to play and review in 2013 and for whatever reason this particular game didn't resonate with the staff.

Those guys can be pissy divas at times, best not to take them too seriously. I know I don't.

I completely disagree, I think GI has a great and professional staff and I enjoy everything that they produce. Every now and then I disagree with a review but for the most part they are my go to for anything gaming related.

• 1 month later...

I would have put Splinter Cell Blacklist in my top 50...well so far I haven't gotten around and most likely wont get around to that many games from 2013.

However, it seemed like 2013 was a solid year for video games...lots of really good games and Splinter Cell just kind of got lost in the bunch.