Rate the trophy difficulty.  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.49

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rated 4.

I bought this game 5 days ago, and I have now 46 trophies on 51.

With a bit of luck for MP trophies, it's easy.

The 4 last I need, with the platinum, are

- "General of the airforce" which may be pretty long to complete (I'm level 32 but it's becoming long to level up since I completed most of the trials)

- "Counter support ace" with the trial when you need to destroy 3 drones in a row... I've not been able to do it yet, and I think it will be pretty hard...

- "Sitting duck" which is pretty hard. Simulation mode is the best to complete it in my opinion... We'll see

- "Gladiator", but shouldn't take too much time. I may have it before sunday ^^

I rated 4.

I bought this game 5 days ago, and I have now 46 trophies on 51.

With a bit of luck for MP trophies, it's easy.

The 4 last I need, with the platinum, are

- "General of the airforce" which may be pretty long to complete (I'm level 32 but it's becoming long to level up since I completed most of the trials)

- "Counter support ace" with the trial when you need to destroy 3 drones in a row... I've not been able to do it yet, and I think it will be pretty hard...

- "Sitting duck" which is pretty hard. Simulation mode is the best to complete it in my opinion... We'll see

- "Gladiator", but shouldn't take too much time. I may have it before sunday ^^

you must be a fucking machine because most of the mp trophies seems impossible for me , and Elite mode ? the mode that you die with one missile ? impossible also.:(

you must be a fucking machine because most of the mp trophies seems impossible for me , and Elite mode ? the mode that you die with one missile ? impossible also.:(

I admit that my life is a total failure. But I think it's possible for a non geek ^^

If you play coop, you will respawn, even in elite so dying with 2 missiles is not really a problem ^^

What are the MP trophies that annoy you?

I admit that my life is a total failure. But I think it's possible for a non geek ^^

If you play coop, you will respawn, even in elite so dying with 2 missiles is not really a problem ^^

What are the MP trophies that annoy you?

So you can play co-op with other guys added on your psn ?? Elite would be easier then.

But still as I told you , for example , the trophy you have to kill 50 enemies with your cannons , I haven´t killed anyone yet with the cannon , is really hard to aim with its bullseye , it moves a a lot and very quickly , any trick?

Also , for example, the deflector ace trophy , how the hell I deflect missiles going to my allies ?

So you can play co-op with other guys added on your psn ?? Elite would be easier then.

But still as I told you , for example , the trophy you have to kill 50 enemies with your cannons , I haven´t killed anyone yet with the cannon , is really hard to aim with its bullseye , it moves a a lot and very quickly , any trick?

Also , for example, the deflector ace trophy , how the hell I deflect missiles going to my allies ?

You can play with players randomly found in coop. That should work just fine^^

That's funny that you have trouble with the cannon because it's the first weapon trophy I earned ^^ I love this stuff. Well I don't now what to tell you... Use a good fighter, not a bomber, but I think you already know that... Assisted mode is better to aim.

For the deflector ace, use an Electronic Warfare plane, and select the weapon set which who only find in multiplayer (I don't know how it is called in english but you should see it) The SR71, the EA6B or the EF111 have it.

Then target a friend with this at less than 3000m and "shoot" when he is in trouble. Missiles will be redirected to you.

elite mode is easy, in fact my biggest complaint with the game is its so easy.

I've been playing it now for 3 days and already over 30% and I haven't really played it much, I'm jumping between a few game atm.

I've already gotten a few mp trophies without even trying, it seems more like time invested then skill really since alot just require alot of kills with specific weapons/avoiding etc.

The diff thing imo actually finding a steady stream of matches, though even over a few days I notice more playing vs. now. I just create my own 3 round match and it fills within 5 min all the time now.

I voted a 4 for the poll, its one of those games where platinum will just come naturally for the most part as long as you put the time into it.

• 4 weeks later...

Voted a 5.

Elite is simple, just play in coop and you'll respawn instead of start from checkpoints. Sitting Ducks and Counter Support Ace trophies are a pain, other then that a few just take awhile but not hard. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are only a few trophies that made me decide to rate this game with a 4 instead of lower. I seriously recommend anyone going for this plat to find some boosting partners. It will take a lot of extra work to get General, Sitting Ducks, Counter Support Ace and Medic without them.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ab/u/Abuebao/card.png

Edited by Abuebao

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I voted 8 because:

- Trophies like Gladiator require quite a bit of time/dedication to the game.

- Counter-Support Ace requires you to counter specific enemy support (right time at the right place).

- Lots of multi-player trophies mean that you'll be relying on others in order to get some of these trophies.

- Getting 1.4 million points to achieve "General of the AirForce" is a bear. Boosting of course makes this easier but it's not exactly good times.

A lot of these trophies can be boosted, true. Though boosting hundreds of kills between the cannon & missile variants is going to get tedious.

I'd have a platinum, but "sitting ducks" is just too difficult for me, it's all I need. When playing online with friends, we spent seven hours just to try and get it, and none of us did, even when using techniques that would "increase the odds" of getting an EMP.:(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd have a platinum, but "sitting ducks" is just too difficult for me, it's all I need. When playing online with friends, we spent seven hours just to try and get it, and none of us did, even when using techniques that would "increase the odds" of getting an EMP.:(

me and my friends did it fast.

first throw missile when is about to hit use emp and you should get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted 8 since without boosting some of these trophies are infuriating.

It feels like I've played a million games yet I dont have the trophy for 100 matches and I only have a THIRD of the XP needed for GoAF, although these 2 are time based rather than skill they are harder to get because it's started to feel like a total chore to play now.

The only other trophy I need is the Sitting Ducks one which probably wont be too hard once I actually try to get it, so far I've only attempted it 3 or 4 times coz i'm focusing on the in game challenges to get me closer to level 40.

Great game but forcing you to continue playing for Plat is a nightmare.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6 - Pretty easy sp trophies, but the online ones are really time consuming and luck based imo..

I earned the plat a long time ago but what i remember is that I earned 'Sitting Ducks' in a normal match with random people! It was extremely lucky and one of my best trophy moments so far:)

• 1 month later...

A really good game for a console flight sim. It really isn't a sim, but a good blend of arcade and sim.

I really enjoyed this game. The single player is, so-so. I beat it on elite without any difficulty or co-op help.

The multiplayer is awesome though. The online community (at least when I was playing) was great. There are many planes, many challenges, and many challenging trophies.

This is honestly one of my games that I will never get rid of.

• 2 weeks later...

I give it a 2. The game was easy if you played with coop players. I didnt even do anything and I started getting trophies. However, if I had to play by myself , forget it, I would have given it a 8 or 9 on the harest difficulty. All of the online trophies could be boosted. My friend and I had 2 copies and 2 ps3s each. General was real easy to get following the thread posted.