Risky stuff

squodge

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/trophies/36/049.jpg Risky stuff Silver Trophy

Recover from stall at an altitude of 30 meters or lower in Team Deathmatch.

Okay, who has managed to get this trophy? I've just had a 15-min session by myself in a private match. I got 19m, but the trophy didn't pop. Am I doing something wrong?

The trophy guide on this site gives the trophy description as 30m, but the guy who wrote the guide says 10m. Which is it - below 30m or below 10m? The trophy description on the XMB says 30m, and I got 19m - so the trophy should have popped GRRRR!

EDIT: I decided to create a new Call Sign. I'd already reached Level 40, and I figured this might have something to do with me not getting the trophy. So with the new call sign, I got Risky Stuff within a couple of tries. It seems that if you've already reached Level 40 in your call sign, it won't let you get any more trophies - the game is tricked into thinking you've gotten them all already.

Edited by squodge

• 2 weeks later...

Its actually kinda of mis-leading when I did it when the game 1st came out I was in a 1v1 Private match trying to get it what I did was actually scrape the floor with my plane and it unlocked.

My friend has gotten it around the same as you 19ft and it didn't unlock so maybe just touching will do it not sure even thou it says below 100ft.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting this as well. I was on a water level and had the plan nearly crash in the water and still didn't get it.

Also how can you tell how low you guys are don't have you to be in assistance off mode to stall?

I've been doing this in Assistance off mode where I stall the plane wait till it falls then gun the thottle but I have no idea how high I am.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the X29..look at the specifications of the planes. I used the waterlevel to, did 5 tries and managed it. With the x29 you can go into stall and use trusters a little to go down slowly. When youre almost on the water just use more trottle and off you go. Thats how i did this..Ofcourse go down with the nose pointing right up lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I also had difficulty getting this trophy to pop.

I think the trick is to make sure you begin the recovery when your altitude is less than 30 m, and not before then.

I originally tried stalling at a relatively high altitude (1000 m or so) and letting myself float down like a leaf, hitting the throttle as I neared the ground. After doing it this way, I checked the stats screen at the end of the match, and I had a stall recovery altitude below 30 m on multiple occasions (once I even got a recovery altitude of -12 m because the place I recovered at was below sea level). However, this did NOT net me the trophy.

After consulting online videos, I came to the conclusion that you must still be completely in stall when you drop below 30 m. This means, you cannot be firing your engines (i.e. holding down the throttle button) in your attempt to recover. You must either be braking or idling (pressing neither the throttle nor brake button).

I flew along the ground as low as I could, held the brakes and switched to assistance OFF mode, all the while continuing to hold the brakes. This didn't slow me enough to get into a stall. I pitched slightly up, gained a small amount of altitude, slowing me down a little. Then I pitched back down, and almost immediately after that pitched up hard (approx. 60 degrees) to go into a stall at a relatively low altitude. Then, I just tried to hold off on pushing the throttle button until the last possible second to ensure I was still in stall as the aircraft dropped below 30 m. I crashed about 5 times before getting the timing right.

If this explanation is confusing, please let me know and I will attempt to clarify it. Sorry it's kind of long.

• 4 weeks later...

Enter stall on a water level, let the plane drop but keep your nose up - doesn't have to be directly pitched up but more than 45 degrees would be ideal so that the thrust is maximized. Once you get low enough, close to the water fire up the engines, pitch further up and you should be good.