How to Gladiator and Test Pilot Without Even Playing

Devil May Cry

Start a private match with only 1 round and set it for 5 minutes. Use whatever plane you need and then start the match. Now, just put the controller down. Once the match ends, either start a new one if you're trying to get Gladiator or pick a new plane and start if you're going for Test Pilot. Quick starting counts towards Gladiator before you ask.

Since I did these trophies after I boosted to General, there are feasibly some more trophies you can use this for:

- TDM Rookie

- Veteran

I can't confirm either of them, so it's up to you to test them. I'm pretty sure Veteran won't work though. Just as a note, know that both of the above trophies are easily unlocked when boosting.

Edited by Devil May Cry

Well, I finally got HAWX to connect online properly now and I've gotten all the trophies except Afterburner, Gladiator, Test Pilot and Sitting Ducks. I was wondering if you can host a private match and just let the game play itself for 5 minutes and that "match". will count towards Gladiator. I was also wondering if the plane you used will count towards the Test Pilot trophy. Most of the matches online are multiple rounds, full length, and just take forever to finish. HAWX players seem to have an immediate dislike of 1 round, 5 minute matches. I'm hoping this method can help me dodge that.

Wait, you got Counter Support Ace? :(

yes it does. fluffymexican sent me a friend request to dont wanna do 15 minute matches for that test pilot trophy and gladiator ughhh

Why not 5 minute matches?

Wait, you got Counter Support Ace? :(

lol, yeah. I'll help you with it if you want still. I just held on to the support until they activated the right one.

At least let me get a little break from the game after I platinum it :D

I can also confirm that you can get the Gladiator trophy using my method.

Does the method you used include friend participation or did you play a private match without inviting a friend and just leave the game to run itself out with just you?

• 7 months later...

I didn't want to create a new thread but I'm doing the OP way for Gladiator I shouldn't have far to go really as I know I have won 45 matches and I was boosting my last two levels to get G.o.t.A trophy.

But my question is this.....

When it says play 100 TDM games does it mean 1 game which how many rounds or is each round classed as 1 game????

I'm just playing 5min 1 round games at the mo I only need Gladiator for Platinum.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that's exactly what I did. It may seem like it's not working, but it will unlock.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't seem to answer your question. 1 match counts as 1 game. A match can have multiple rounds inside it. So, in order to make Gladiator easier to solo boost, there is only 1 round per match with the minimum time.

In short:

1 match with 3 rounds = 1 game win

1 match with 1 round = 1 game win

Why waste your time with multiple rounds?

Edited by Devil May Cry

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm that the 5 min private match (in player matches) method for Gladiator still works ?

Because I already went through like.. 20 5 min sessions and the trophy still didn't pop up.

It's my last trophy for plat :D

Thanks in advance

EDIT : I can confirm that this method still works as I got my platinum like 10 mins ago ;)!

Edited by SpaCitron

• 1 year later...