Trophy boosting guidelines - please read

BOOSTERS, THIS PERTAINS TO EVERYONE

Boost planners and squad leaders spend hours making these sessions happen. Respect that. They put far more time into organizing these boosts than players do joining them. The least we can all do is follow five simple guidelines.

1. KNOW WHAT TYPE OF BOOST YOU ARE JOINING

2. FOLLOW BOOST ORDER

3. READ CHAT

4. USE DESIGNATED AREAS AND STANCES

5. TAKE INITIATIVE

When possible, boost in your general time zone

1. KNOW WHAT TYPE OF BOOST YOU ARE JOINING

There is a HUGE difference between boosting XP, boosting challenges, and boosting trophies. If you want XP, don’t join a challenge group. You will be frustrated. Find an XP group. WHEN YOU JOIN A CHALLENGE GROUP…

…YOU ARE BOOSTING CHALLENGES, NOT OTHER TROPHIES!

Your Counter-Intelligence, Actionable Intel, True Ghost, HVT, Armorer, and Backup trophies MUST WAIT. If you want to boost those trophies, find another group, or boost those trophies ON YOUR TURN. Don’t join a challenge group and say, “But I just need!” Focus on the challenges; they will be the roadblock that stops most people from getting a platinum. Trust me, those other trophies are simple compared to challenges.

Note that most of these groups are now CHALLENGE BOOSTS. Do not come to a challenge boost and start asking for help with Domination, Tour of Duty, or more XP.

2. FOLLOW THE BOOSTING ORDER. GROUP CO-ORDINATION OVERULES INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT

You are joining something bigger than yourself. Wait your turn. If it is not your turn, help whoever’s turn it is. Your turn will come.

3. READ THE CHAT

Last night we strategized for 8 minutes how to help one guy complete his Intel Assists. As soon as the round starts, his teammate starts hacking/killing everyone. When told to stop, the teammate responded, “y?” He had left for 10 minutes, then came back and didn’t read the chat. His excuse? “I typed brb.” None of us want to boost with that guy anymore. Don't be that guy. Read.

4. USE DESIGNATED AREAS AND STANCES

AREAS - In chat, agree on an area to meet with your partner(s) and stay there. Enemies have no names, and most confusion/hard feelings occur because one loose cannon starts tazing/shooting everyone he sees. Spread out. Avoid reloading (:square:) near enemies, as :square: is also the melee button (Ubisoft! Come on!) Nothing infuriates a person with a 27-killstreak challenge more than having his or her throat accidentally slit after kill 26. USE LANDMARKS - For challenges, meet at the objective. For XP boosts, find a pickup, car, bus, bus stop, staircase and KEEP MEETING THERE WITH YOUR PARTNER. If anyone else tries to move in, politely remind them this is your and your partner’s area.

STANCES - For challenges, EVERYONE WHO IS NOT BOOSTING SHOULD GO PRONE. ONLY CHALLENGE BOOSTERS SHOULD STAND. The amount of time this saves cannot be overstated. Yes, we all get bored when it is not our turn. Please don't run around in circles, hack objectives, or taze & hack enemies to pass the time. YOUR TURN WILL COME, BUT THE LONGER PEOPLE MESS AROUND, THE LONGER IT WILL BE UNTIL YOUR TURN COMES. Just go prone, please. For XP boosting, one person goes prone, another stands and points his gun in the air, a third crouches, a fourth bobs up and down. Both partners do the same stance so they can find each other. Again, agree on specific landmark and meet there. Tell your partner what class you are as well.

5. TAKE SOME INITIATIVE! ADD A FRIEND. START A SQUAD. SEND SQUAD INVITES. IT’S NOT HARD!

If you have experience with the squad menu and your team doesn’t, step up and lead. This weekend we wasted HOURS waiting in lobbies while one squad putzed around with three people while two others were waiting for squad invites. Multiple people on that squad had experience, but no one was willing to lead. No one would send invites, and people sat there saying, “I’m a Recruit. I can’t invite.” If you’re a recruit and your squad leader won’t promote you, LEAVE! START YOUR OWN SQUAD. Invite boosters to that one.

SQUAD LEADERS, PROMOTE ALL YOUR SQUAD MEMBERS TO OFFICER IMMEDIATELY

This lets everyone invite new people to the squad, and takes the burden of inviting friends off you. Too many times a squad leader left while all his members were recruits, forcing them to leave, create a new squad, and re-invite everyone. This wasted so much time.

Robgamer01’s Guidelines for Boosting Challenges:

1) There will be no other trophies boosted during this time, so DONT ask.

2) There will be no shooting or stunning except by the person completing their challenge so we can get this done faster.

3) The order of who will be completing the challenge is listed [in chat].

4) If, during the boost, you have a non-friend challenge you will need to beat that one first to generate an actual friend challenge.

5) Friend everyone on the list with a friend challenge msg, and de-friend every other ghost recon friend so you get only our challenges.

6) Please be courteous and STAY until everyone has gotten their trophies. So do not ask to join the boost if you do not think you will have enough time. This could take as little as 3 hours. A mic would help speed things up.

8) Only beat the challenge by 1.

Edited by poetic_justice_

Nice guidelines.

Where were you at 7 pm +1 gmt when xp boosting started yesterday? You were on the list. :think:

At church. The service ran longer than expected, but it was great! Sorry I didn't make the boost.

I'm up to boost with Robgamer01 on Saturday - challenges only. You setting up anything else related to Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better? Those are the only multiplayer trophies I have left.

Robgamer01’s guidelines apply to boosting challenges.

1) There will be no other trophies boosted during this time, so DONT ask.

2) There will be no shooting or stunning except by the person completing their challenge so we can get this done faster.

3) The order of who will be completing the challenge is listed below.

4) If, during the boost, you have a non-friend challenge you will need to beat that one first to generate an actual friend challenge.

5) Friend everyone on the list with a friend challenge msg, and de-friend every other ghost recon friend so you get only our challenges.

6) Ill be leading squad 1 and the text chat.

7) Please be courteous and STAY until everyone has gotten their trophies. So do not ask to join the boost if you do not think you will have enough time. This could take as little as 3 hours. A mic would help speed things up.

8) Only beat the challenge by 1.

RELATED SUGGESTIONS

JUST PLAY THE GAME FOR FUN FIRST

Many people put in no work for these trophies, join a boost, and expect the group to cater to them. They know nothing about the game, have no appreciation of its complexity, and have nothing to add to the group. The truth is, if you have average skill, your Counter-Intelligence, Actionable Intel, True Ghost, HVT, Armorer, Backup, and Tour of Duty trophies will be earned playing in normal matches. Squad Domination trophies will take boosting, so find or start a group for those. I played on my own to level 24 before I joined my first boost, and I’m glad I did. It made me appreciate the other 7 people who were helping me, and it gave me something to add to the group.

BOOST XP IN PAIRS; BOOST CHALLENGES IN GROUPS

Stunning, hacking, coordinated killing a partner makes for quick XP. With one partner, you can clear 25K XP in a single match.

Challenges, on the other hand, often require groups. “Get 4 kills on Siege”, “Kill 31 Engineers”, “Make 20 melee kills” , etc. are best accomplished in groups, where each person gets a turn to utilize all 4 enemy players. You can knock out several challenges for several people in one round with this approach.

In my experience, XP and challenge groups do not work well together. XP people become irritated at dying or having to wait, and Challenge people get irritated when XP people ruin their streak, accidentally kill them or run off. It is better to separate these boosting sessions. XP people tend to be new, Challenge people tend to have more experience in-game.

BOOST DOMINATION BY ITSELF

Boosting Domination with either Challenges or XP creates massive logistical complications. The boost order becomes messed up when changing maps/game types, people get dropped from the squad, random squads join, and when you finally get an open room, people forget what they were working on.

We boosted XP on double XP weekend, and I am glad to be done with it. However, know what I know now, SWAT, I would have focused on challenges.

It is difficult to get XP playing with randoms, because most matches are lopsided. More often than not, you will be Quick Matched into the losing team because someone left. The reason that team is losing becomes clear in 10-15 seconds. No comms, no strategy, focus on kills vs. objectives., etc. So I understand why people boost XP.

We boosted XP on double XP weekend, and I am glad to be done with it. However, know what I know now, SWAT, I would have focused on challenges.

It is difficult to get XP playing with randoms, because most matches are lopsided. More often than not, you will be Quick Matched into the losing team because someone left. The reason that team is losing becomes clear in 10-15 seconds. No comms, no strategy, focus on kills vs. objectives., etc. So I understand why people boost XP.

Poe is right . everyone seems to worry about their KDR, and they all think its like COD , the times i tried the get the objectives without team support you might as well just quit ...no point in wasting time ....

At church. The service ran longer than expected, but it was great! Sorry I didn't make the boost.

I'm up to boost with Robgamer01 on Saturday - challenges only. You setting up anything else related to Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better? Those are the only multiplayer trophies I have left.

A prime example of why it's good to have alternates in case people don't show up. If you need 8 to boost a trophy, have 10 people ready.

I'd like to boost that Anything you can do trophy since I've been holding off starting this game until I get that trophy. I'd prefer to be matched up with people who haven't xp boosted their way to level 50 therefore they'll have ridiculously hard challenges. My challenges will be quick and easy if I pair up with another person who hasn't started yet.

On a side note, it's pathetic that a thread like this needs to be made. I haven't started playing this game yet but by the looks of the boosting threads, there's a lot of randoms I've never seen around the site before and who are likely not very experienced so I guess it's a good thing. Man I hate boosting with people who don't know what they're doing. If you're boosting, you should know how to boost. This game seems like one of the more complicated games to boost because of the volleys so I know that when I boost that Anything you can do trophy (the only one I'm really interested in boosting at this point), I'd only be boosting it with 7 other people that I know aren't inexperienced. Hell, I'd rather have all 8 of us in a skype chat or something, I even hate boosting using text chats.

I disagree that it 'pathetic' that a post like this has to be made.

This is the first game I've ever boosted and while I'm not a moron and I've been able to catch on pretty quick, the original post would have probably helped me.

Not everyone is an experienced booster, and we don't have to be.

We were all new once. Helping people out is the point of this forum and boosting in general.

The original post is attempting to help EVERYONE out and make boosting sessions run smoother.

It is necessary not pathetic.

A prime example of why it's good to have alternates in case people don't show up. If you need 8 to boost a trophy, have 10 people ready.

Unfortunately, with this game, we are having to take whoever is available. We are just patching together enough people to get a match started. If we could get 10 people in, it would be a beautiful miracle! Every session we've played has been an international boost, and a lot of EU & UK players have sacrificed sleep to make things happen. Particular thanks to Cpt_Jack_Sparow and ferryjan, who both have the trophies yet stay to help others for hours.

I'd like to boost that Anything you can do trophy since I've been holding off starting this game until I get that trophy. I'd prefer to be matched up with people who haven't xp boosted their way to level 50 therefore they'll have ridiculously hard challenges. My challenges will be quick and easy if I pair up with another person who hasn't started yet.

If you just play in normal matches first, you will be fine. It is extremely difficult to get outrageous achievments in Quick Match because your squadmates will most likely be terrible. Your kill streaks might reach 8, you might get 3-4 kills on Siege, you might get 4 heals or hacks in a match, etc. I would recommend just playing to familiarize yourself with how the game works mattybell. You should be fine, and it will help you boost faster.

But your thought process is correct. If you boost with another lower ranked player (or a high rank who hasnt boosted yet), your challenges will be simpler. Unfortunately, the longer you wait, the less common those people will be. The online multiplayer for this game is dying. Too many issues with lobbies, chat, squads - this game was doomed before it was ever released. Ubisoft rushed an incomplete product to market, which is sad. So much potential is here. Even if they patch it, I suspect it will be too late to win back disappointed fans.

On a side note, it's pathetic that a thread like this needs to be made.

Not pathetic, just logistical. Without clear direction, boosting sessions go to ruin.

I haven't started playing this game yet but by the looks of the boosting threads, there's a lot of randoms I've never seen around the site before.

Yes! But we have made some wonderful friends as a result. New people is always a mixed bag, but it has worked in our favor with a tough game like GRFS. It is so tough the fair weather boosters have quit, leaving behind some quality people. Cpt_Jack_Sparow is one example. He's new to site but top notch booster.

This game seems like one of the more complicated games to boost because of the volleys.

It is, much more complex than COD and BF3.

when I boost that Anything you can do trophy (the only one I'm really interested in boosting at this point), I'd only be boosting it with 7 other people that I know aren't inexperienced.

Good luck with that. i'd say take whoever you can get, otherwise you may be waiting forever. Fortunately, most people who are boosting now (at least ones from this site) are experienced with boosting.

Matty, if you really want this trophy, you may have to lead a squad and possibly the whole boost. This trophy is a testament to the group's patience, not the trophy winners skill! lol I hope you get it. Just dont wait too long to find a challenge boosting group is my only advice.

I disagree that it 'pathetic' that a post like this has to be made.

This is the first game I've ever boosted and while I'm not a moron and I've been able to catch on pretty quick, the original post would have probably helped me.

Not everyone is an experienced booster, and we don't have to be.

We were all new once. Helping people out is the point of this forum and boosting in general.

The original post is attempting to help EVERYONE out and make boosting sessions run smoother.

It is necessary not pathetic.

I find it sad...that this was made.

The top post of the boosting thread clearly states guidelines to follow, and when we post our request we set more guidelines..

I just about knocked out a request because the guy didn't post his timezone as I request, sure turns out he's apparently a scot but to speed up things it helps to just do as a request is made to be!

That said I'm surprised a mod hasn't closed this or anything yet...*flees*

I find it sad...that this was made.

The top post of the boosting thread clearly states guidelines to follow, and when we post our request we set more guidelines..

That said I'm surprised a mod hasn't closed this or anything yet...*flees*

Nintendo, the top post of the boosting thread only says the following:

Trophy Boosting Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

That is hardly sufficient for the complexity of boosting a game like Ghost Recon. In addition, that same post also includes the following two statements:

1. To make everyone's life easier during boosting, please ensure you're familiar with the methods used to boost this game before you start.

Boosting Method:

2. If you feel that there's a much better and more preferred boosting method for certain online trophies not found in this thread or in the Trophy Guide, please do not post here [in the trophy boosting thread], as it will be missed.

This thread familiarizes people with methods used to boost the game. Granted, i did not post this in the Feedback Forums, nor did i include it in the trophy boosting thread itself. It would have been buried.

I don't know how many challenge boosting sessions you've led, Nintendo, but it sounds like you and I have had very different experiences boosting GRFS. It sounds like you know the people in your squad, plus they are all in Australia, which helps. For everyone else I've done challenges with, we were all strangers before this game. Getting eight strangers in six time zones and four different countries to coordinate required very clear directives and expectations, especially when 30%-40% of the people in any given session were [at first] inexperienced with GRFS.

There were no clear directions for boosting GRFS in the forum threads (except perhaps the posts by RobGamer01 and yourself), so I created this thread. If mods have tried getting these frustrating trophies, they know what a pain it is, and I hope they don't close this thread. This game needs it. It will prevent others from sitting in squad rooms, wasting four hours out of an eight-hour boost because no one knows what to expect or how to organize a group.

Maybe this thread seems sad to some, but I am happy that numerous people have obtained their volley and challenge trophies because these guidelines were followed. If you have better ideas or found something that works, please post. This site is about helping people, not disparaging inexperienced boosters. I was new once. We all were.

I boosted other games, but I try to avoid it and try to use real skill since I dislike the idea of not actually working for trophies (unless forced to, damn squad games), basically i get a group of equal time zones, demand, DEMAND mics, and we all go by ONE trophy or set to go by.

Boosting aliens vs predators 6 pack took 3 hours because the others I was with were of UK time, which wasn't fun considering im australian and they had different times, we had to call friends on to make the numbers and forsake the rest.

Infact I got my squad of 4 (all aussies) to outsource from different places INCASE the ones I tried to pull from here are a no show (problem is again some are uk, but least they're on often supposedly).

Basically once we all show up online-straight to boosting.

We can't organise a real time because we all have different commitments, jobs etc and none of our full free days intersect, thus the second we all go online we do it.

So in short, my method is an "be on friends list and boost when all are on" affair, but boosting those friend challenges...THAT would need some organising.

Which is why I got many dummy accounts ready to fire up thank god.

Still, I thought the general thought was to use the boosting guidelines and to set your own guide lines in your request, those going "add me for xxx" I'd avoid unless I knew their time zone, because 80% of the ones I added from here I ended up deleting because our times never click (and thus red dead redemption shall never be 100% :C)

So I find this thread sad not because of your needs...but because of how disorganised boosters as a whole can be, its like battlefield 3, when playing you are expected to know what to do in order to win, good players who are organised dont need mics to win although they do help, here another thread dedicated to just additional guidelines just shows how messy we are...

But I do see the necessity, so good luck, maybe you'll have the plat before me (and knowing my luck you would XD)

Edited by nintendo64X

• 1 year later...

Not the place to asked it, that would be here http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/155145-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post-139.html

If you are thinking about get the DLC and/or know people that has it or will get it, I'll gladly help you to get any trophy in this game, or any in my backlog for that matter (except MvsC3 and MK)

Not the place to asked it, that would be here http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/155145-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post-139.html

If you are thinking about get the DLC and/or know people that has it or will get it, I'll gladly help you to get any trophy in this game, or any in my backlog for that matter (except MvsC3 and MK)

i'm sorry, i just realize that i posted on the wrong thread..

thanks for the correction..

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Viper locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Viper unlocked and pinned this topic