Are the servers permanently down?

dhulk530

• 5 weeks later...

I want to start off by saying while i do believe Terminator in stating the ps3 version's are gonna be left alone.

But, in lieu of the recent wierdness of the gamespy shutdown can anyone confirm that the tom clancy games are infact still online?

I missed the last sell of Endwar and it's finally on sale again. I've been wanting to play this thing so bad but i don't really want another unobtainable plat. Sucks when you rush the gamespy server shutdown all to realize afterwards you had 2 more games that you didn't realize you had. Bleh.

Anywho, i'm wondering in paticular about Endwar and Advanced warfighter 2. I could go ask in the other forum's but i'll wait to see what you guys have to say.

Edit: To confirm, didn't Hawx 1 and 2 go down with gamespy? Checking the unobtainable trophies list on this site while awaiting confirmation.

Edited by RogueShadow

I know HAWX 1+2 are still going, as is Splinter Cell: Blacklist but I don't know about the others :think:. Also, HAWX 1 can be Platinumed in LAN mode if you have enough PS3s and it was confirmed quite late on that neither HAWX games actually used GameSpy :).

Sweet thanks for the update on some of em. I couldn't remember if Hawx was on that or not.

I know Shadow keeps this updated http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/78965-unachievable-glitched-trophies.html

Don't see any of the tom clancy's on it. Guess i'll try to hold out as long as possible for hopefully someone to post updated info.

I do have 3 PS3's so doing anything lan would be no biggie.

Edit: I'm looking on Psnp at recent players and if memory serves theater of war is online correct?

If so, there has been people getting online trophies after the 8th of August.

Edited by RogueShadow

Servers were still up as of Aug 11th. I completed all of the online trophies for this game in a little over 2 days. I was concerned the game was going to go down due to the recent discovery of the Aug 8th shutdown of some Ubisoft games. I know the PS3 version wasn't listed in the Ubisoft support posting, but according to the same site the PS3 online was discontinued in March 2013, which is obviously not true.

Link: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=101&productid=2208&faqid=kA030000000eS8WCAU

I figured I might as well pull the trigger on this and get it done. I wanted to get it done as fast a possible, so I played around the clock for the most part. I'm not sure what the map looks like right now, but I timed it so that there would be a raid and a siege map available in my time frame. The trophies are not hard to do, especially with 2 PS3s, just takes proper planning and time to execute. A lot of the trophies stack, so it went faster than I initially thought.

Not going for the plat right now since I've been working on online trophies almost exclusively due to all of the shutdowns, both actual and rumored, but it will be a nice little plat to have at some point down the road. Good Luck!

Servers were still up as of Aug 11th. I completed all of the online trophies for this game in a little over 2 days. I was concerned the game was going to go down due to the recent discovery of the Aug 8th shutdown of some Ubisoft games. I know the PS3 version wasn't listed in the Ubisoft support posting, but according to the same site the PS3 online was discontinued in March 2013, which is obviously not true.

Link: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=101&productid=2208&faqid=kA030000000eS8WCAU

I figured I might as well pull the trigger on this and get it done. I wanted to get it done as fast a possible, so I played around the clock for the most part. I'm not sure what the map looks like right now, but I timed it so that there would be a raid and a siege map available in my time frame. The trophies are not hard to do, especially with 2 PS3s, just takes proper planning and time to execute. A lot of the trophies stack, so it went faster than I initially thought.

Not going for the plat right now since I've been working on online trophies almost exclusively due to all of the shutdowns, both actual and rumored, but it will be a nice little plat to have at some point down the road. Good Luck!

lol that's funny you posted. I looked at your profile on psnp earlier and almost posted your link to show that it appears the servers are still up. Infact my post up there about the Theatre of war was actually concerning you getting them.

lol how funny.

Anyway thanks for posting man. I'm for sure getting it.

For the first HAWX, are there trophies that require more than two players? I just looked through the trophy guide and didn't notice any. I know for the 2nd one there are. I was under the impression the servers for it were closed because you cannot create a session for it on psnprofiles.

Yes there is, it's the Medic one and you need 5 people for it (I don't know if there are any others) but I can assure you that the servers are still up because it doesn't use GameSpy and it's not on the latest Ubi server shutdown list :).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 2 weeks later...
Any news for this game? I know Far Cry 2 had this problem and them servers are back up (thank god), but was just wondering about this title seeming as me and a friend were going to start it imminently.

The servers are up for this game and now would be a good time to start it. Paris is currently being attacked by the Russians, so after a couple of turns of EU losing it should go to siege which is the most annoying trophy of this game.

The servers are up for this game and now would be a good time to start it. Paris is currently being attacked by the Russians, so after a couple of turns of EU losing it should go to siege which is the most annoying trophy of this game.

Excellent information, thanks :)

I'll notify my friend...is Siege very likely to start then? What day would you say it is likely to start?

Excellent information, thanks :)

I'll notify my friend...is Siege very likely to start then? What day would you say it is likely to start?

It is currently in a Conquest, so Sunday should be Assault and Monday should be Siege. I will post back when Siege is definitely up and you can wait until then to start it.

Other factors could change how the siege plays out, but I am hoping that by Monday we should be able to get a siege on Paris.

Edited by Sneaky

It is currently in a Conquest, so Sunday should be Assault and Monday should be Siege. I will post back when Siege is definitely up and you can wait until then to start it.

Other factors could change how the siege plays out, but I am hoping that by Monday we should be able to get a siege on Paris.

So tomorrow, nice. Be sure to let me know if it is siege tomorrow when you see if it is :) would be good to get this trophy done on the first day, I have heard its a pain.

I know HAWX 1+2 are still going, as is Splinter Cell: Blacklist but I don't know about the others :think:. Also, HAWX 1 can be Platinumed in LAN mode if you have enough PS3s and it was confirmed quite late on that neither HAWX games actually used GameSpy :).

Thanks, I choose Call of Juarez BiB over H.A.W.X. To finish before the servers went down. I thought all opportunity for H.A.W.X. Was gone. :dance:

Assault on Paris hasn't happened today, I guess because one of Russia's key territories surrounding it is currently seeing a battle between US/RUS. RUS is winning it though so hopefully it switches to Assault on Paris Monday. It is hard to predict what battles get chosen after every turn, which is why this trophy is annoying. Don't worry I will keep posting back with updates.

Edit: It is conquest on Paris, so it still needs at least two turns. Will update tomorrow.

Edit 2: last edit until something significant happens. Russia keeps winning but it doesn't change to assault on Paris so I am at a loss right now. This is why this is the worst trophy of this game -.-

Edited by Sneaky

Assault on Paris hasn't happened today, I guess because one of Russia's key territories surrounding it is currently seeing a battle between US/RUS. RUS is winning it though so hopefully it switches to Assault on Paris Monday. It is hard to predict what battles get chosen after every turn, which is why this trophy is annoying. Don't worry I will keep posting back with updates.

Ok, very decent of you to do these updates. Would sure be good to knock out Gates of fire straight away.

I'm sure i'll appreciate the mechanisms behind why this trophy is such a pain once i get into the game! Lol.