leaving OpFor trick here.

SIE

OpFor Done Easily - Xbox360Achievements.org

here you guys go. while i was going for the plat i found this in a sticky on the endwar section at our Xbox sister site and i figured i'd pass the link for you players to go to. this guide will make the single player campaign on hardcore very easy.

note that the trick will not affect the prelude to war part since you can't upgrade units. i have something helpful for that part however. when playing the raid missions in prelude to war as russia and america select rosenburg. there are 2 fuel tank targets targets there that can be destroyed with a single airstrike so at the start of the level grab the uplinks and upgrade one with airstrikes, go to sitrep and check for those obviously round tank shaped targets.

after you have taken out both fuel tanks focus all your units on the nearest target building and finish it off with airstrikes. be fast as possible though the opponent may go on the offensive.

good luck.

Thanks for posting this SIE. Only have a few more online trophies and starting to work on the campaign.

Edit: Question. Show I restart campaign if my troops are upgraded past 2? Based on what the sister site says it sound like I should. Also, do you troops from mp carry over to sp? Does not look like they do.

Edited by kfree7

Thanks for posting this SIE. Only have a few more online trophies and starting to work on the campaign.

Edit: Question. Show I restart campaign if my troops are upgraded past 2? Based on what the sister site says it sound like I should. Also, do you troops from mp carry over to sp? Does not look like they do.

i wouldn't worry too hard about that. the infantry i used for that trick had high ranks and i upgraded their attack/defense/ability whenever i could and that didn't bother me either :)

and stats from mp will not go over to sp or the other way around.

• 4 weeks later...
i wouldn't worry too hard about that. the infantry i used for that trick had high ranks and i upgraded their attack/defense/ability whenever i could and that didn't bother me either :)

and stats from mp will not go over to sp or the other way around.

Well I've been using the army trick and with no success pass turn 19. Just keep getting swarms and need a new method of attack. Have lost this battle over 30 times in a row now. Need some advice and /or a new strategy.

Edit: Finally got hardcore done with Russia. 2 more factions to go.

Edit: Won with all Factions USA, Russia, and Europe on Hardcore. Thanks for the advice and direction SIE.

Edited by kfree7

• 3 years later...

For fuck sake how the hell is this possible.

So I had 2 defending missions and I was at 25. So I won 1 but then when I looked at my objectives it said 24 territories. DAFAQ, THIS GAME IS CHEATING.

Also how are you suppose to hold the line when 2 ARMIES ARE ATTACKING YOU AT THE SAME TIME. And where are my other fellow commanders. They are doing a piss pore job defending or attacking territories.

Then you got when you are securing a Uplink your units just stands outside out of cover doing nothing. Then when you order them into cover they stop capturing.

WHO PROGRAMED THIS GAME. I'm SO PISSED OFF AT THE MOMENT. :rant:

Edit: Finally finished USA. But now I am stuck with the Russians prelude to war last mission. Where you have to defend your capital. HOW THE FUCK IS THIS POSSIBLE.

Basically you have 2 outer Uplinks and 3 in the center. Now the attacker has a advantage because hes right next to a Uplink. Bullshit but ok. So naturally I send 1 of my guys to my closest Uplink and 1 to the center. Then I send a Gunship to deal with the rifleman. Except when I reach there it says that the Gunship and Rifleman OUT OF COVER are equally matched. Not according to my manual it is.

Then it pulls like 2 tanks out of its ass and a Gunship all moving next to those rifleman.

So I managed to kill those rifleman at the cost of my gunship, but at least those rifleman are dead. Well a 2nd set of rifleman appeared near my top center uplink. DAFAQ, so I only have at the start of the map 1 command unit, 1 rifleman, 1 engineer and 1 artillery while he has 30 seconds in the map1 engineer, 1 command unit, 2 rifleman, 2 tanks and 1 Gunship. :rant:

Do you really need to play Prelude to War every time for every faction to get the OpFor trophy?

This single mission is harder then my last WW3 campaign on Hardcore.

GOT THE PLATINUM AND 100% IT.

Thank god that's over. Also thank god you don't need to replay the Prelude to War every time.

Edited by Doomsdayman