Can anyone actually confirm that all the trophies are possible/impossible?

TIDQ

I hear lots of people speculating that "Dog of War" is impossible because 0 out of 7298 people on YGC have the platinum or Dog of War.

I've also seen people say that these trophies "should" be possible if you cooperate and yadda yadda.

But I haven't seen confirmation either way. I haven't seen someone say, "I did the requirements and the trophy didn't pop" or "I have the trophy."

If you're going to come in and say it's just really hard, then give me some proof. There must be one person out there with the trophy. Every other trophy in the entire world that is possible to be gotten has been gotten by someone. GTA4, Sigma 2, Singstar, everyone has been gotten. Except for this one, if it's possible.

I too am interested in knowing this cause I got this game with my PS3 a year and a half ago. I put it in, tried the first level, thought it was dumb at the time, so I sold the game! But I managed to get 1 trophy and now its messing with my OCD that I have this lonely game sitting there with 1 trophy lol

According to a group over on the x360a website it's possibly glitched. There's been a few people over there who have tried just about everything they could think of but not obtain it. Ubisoft has also gone on record saying the trophy is possible, which has others thinking the description for the trophy is worded very poorly. Either way, no one on the 360 has earned it either.

The trophies are all possible, the only problem with the dog of war trophy is that on PS3 not every faction has actually won a game of theatre of war so it's impossible that anyone has this trophy as the requirements haven't been met yet. Europe is the only faction yet to win a game of theatre of war, once it does you could expect a few people to achieve the platinum.

If you look here every other trophy has been achieved: Tom Clancy's EndWar Trophies - YourGamerCards.net

• 3 weeks later...

I have had some new information regarding the fact of the trophies being possible from one of my PSN friends who has managed to achieve all of the other trophies except for Dog Of War. Looking at the information he emailed me it looks like that the Dog Of War trophy might actually be glitched and unattainable.

I am certain all factions have won the Theater of War, I even took pictures of their respective victory screens and sent them to Ubisoft Support when I wrote to them about this. Below is a summary of the different wars and their outcomes. I extracted all this information from the official Theater of War tracker (Ubisoft). Feel free to check it if you want, but it's quite slow, you have to click to view the wars one by one. (Make sure you change console to "PlayStation 3" using the hard-to-spot-against-the-background button on the upper right side of the globe once the interface has been fully loaded.)

War 1 - 17 turns - Won by EFEC (27 territories)

War 2 - 10 turns - Won by JSF (28 territories)

War 3 - 102 turns - Won by JSF (capturing Paris)

War 4 - 26 turns - Won by SPZ (28 territories)

War 5 - 35 turns - Won by SPZ (27 territories)

War 6 - 103 turns - Won by SPZ (27 territories)

War 7 - 39 turns - Won by JSF (27 territories)

War 8 - 21 turns - Won by EFEC (27 territories)

War 9 - 171 turns - Won by SPZ (27 territories)

War 10 - 23 turns - Won by EFEC (28 territories)

War 11 - 102 turns - Won by JSF (capturing Moscow)

War 12 - 15 turns - Won by SPZ (27 territories)

war 13 - 9 turns - Won by SPZ (28 territories)

War 14 - 21 turns - Won by SPZ (28 territories)

War 15 - 21 turns - Won by JSF (27 territories)

War 16 - 23 turns - Terminated prematurely? (SPZ leading with 16 territories)

War 17 - 13 turns - Won by EFEC (capturing Moscow)

War 18 - 6 turns - Won by JSF (capturing Paris)

War 19 - 58 turns - Won by SPZ (27 territories)

War 20 - 22 turns - Won by JSF (capturing Paris)

War 21 - Currently ongoing...

Summary:

JSF: 7 victories (3 by capturing capitals)

SPZ: 8 victories

EFEC: 4 victories (1 by capturing capitals)

It can also be noted that the XBox version is already on war 33. While I haven't checked, it seems unlikely to me that not every faction has won at least one war. Still, I don't think anyone has obtained the Dog of War achievement in a legitimate way on the XBox.

I have had some new information regarding the fact of the trophies being possible from one of my PSN friends who has managed to achieve all of the other trophies except for Dog Of War. Looking at the information he emailed me it looks like that the Dog Of War trophy might actually be glitched and unattainable.

Well I guess I will at least feel a little better if I gained more of these trophies since I only got 1 trophy for this game back in 2009 or 2010!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am going out on a limb and say that he hacked/cheated.

There has been a prolonged boosting effort to get the trophy and nobody got it. Later on, it was confirmed that they changed the victory conditions between programming and release. They programmed it (for the trophies) that you need either 30 territories or 3 capitols to win a phase. On release however, you need 27 territories or 2 capitols to win a phase. So no-one can get the trophy/achievement legit.

It is also the easiest way to get banned on trueachievers if you have that achievement.

Edit: Oh yes, he cheated/hacked. He had the game less than 2 months from when he first played it to platinum. The current phase of war is going on for 157 turns as of today. That means that the current war phase is going on for over 5 months now. In the time he played it, not a single war phase -let alone three- came to an end.

And take a look at the timestamps for the following three trophies:

Unit of Action

Play 30 2 vs. 2 matches in any game mode.

Obtained on September 28, 2012 12:11:41pm

1 month, 18 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes, 49 seconds to obtain.

Total War

Play 100 2 vs. 2 Theatre of War missions.

Obtained on September 28, 2012 11:13:39am

1 month, 18 days, 2 hours, 49 minutes, 47 seconds to obtain.

Lonely at the Top

Win 100 missions in Theatre of War.

Obtained on September 28, 2012 12:15:32pm

1 month, 18 days, 3 hours, 51 minutes, 40 seconds to obtain.

So he got the trophy for 100 2vs2 missions before the trophy for 30 2vs2 missions? Suuuuure.

Edited by Lucksi

There has been a prolonged boosting effort to get the trophy and nobody got it. Later on, it was confirmed that they changed the victory conditions between programming and release. They programmed it (for the trophies) that you need either 30 territories or 3 capitols to win a phase. On release however, you need 27 territories or 2 capitols to win a phase. So no-one can get the trophy/achievement legit.

It is also the easiest way to get banned on trueachievers if you have that achievement.

Edit: Oh yes, he cheated/hacked. He had the game less than 2 months from when he first played it to platinum. The current phase of war is going on for 157 turns as of today. That means that the current war phase is going on for over 5 months now. In the time he played it, not a single war phase -let alone three- came to an end.

Unit of Action

Total War

Lonely at the Top

So he got the trophy for 100 2vs2 missions before the trophy for 30 2vs2 missions? Suuuuure.

Nice catch. Problem solved. The plat still has never legitimately been earned.

Unit of Action

Total War

Lonely at the Top

Good eye. :p

I guess we can confirm that he hacked it.

Unit of Action

Total War

Lonely at the Top

Oh hamburgers....:(

Unit of Action

Total War

Lonely at the Top

Nice catch. Problem solved. The plat still has never legitimately been earned.

Thanks you Guys.. goodbye hope U_U!

Good eye. :p

I guess we can confirm that he hacked it.

Oh hamburgers....:(

You all need to learn to read. Here's my quote:

^ Goddamnit.

I'm still a bit skeptical. If he hacked it, how is he the only one that has hacked it? Wouldn't there be more than one hacker? Something's still not right, he shouldn't be the only one that's hacked it.

EDIT: Actually, I noticed a small difference.

The 30 plays says matches.

The 100 plays says missions.

Aren't matches and missions two different things in the game?

Funny how negativity clouds your minds...

This is the 1st I've seen of a server/online based trophy being hacked...or am I wrong here?

Are we seeing a new generation of trophy hacks where even online games with closed servers can be obtained?

No. All of this has been around since jailbreaking went viral.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

A friend told me about this thread and I'd like to clarify a few things. The trophy Dog of War was unlocked by playing the game, I didn’t hacked anything in any way. I don't hack trophies, feel free to check my profile anytime and convince yourself.

Regarding Dog of War, I had no idea that this trophy is glitched, but I found out the hard way. Not long after unlocking it the spam begun. I've answered to some of the guys that contacted me on PSN, but they were too many messages and after a few days decided to delete/ignore them... sorry for that. Anyway, I can at least confirm that the trophy description is wrong. I didn't won a single war during the time I played this game. I did however switched factions several times, to unlock the specific mission trophies (destroy critical buildings, play on city maps, etc). When this trophy unlocked I wasn't doing anything special, I was just doing kills/objectives to upgrade my units (I was going for Unit of Action & Down to Size). Also, at that time I had a lot of consecutive games won & the missions selected were always battles (helped me because you start with more units)

@ Lucksi

I got this game thinking that it would be an easy platinum to boost, especially because it's a quite old game. And it was, you can get a victory online in ~3 minutes if the boosting partner selects Evacuate. This is how I got the online trophies in a relative short period of time. The hardest part for me was to compete the campaign with all 3 factions on hardcore.

As for Unit of Action (play 30 2v2 missions) & Lonely at the Top (win 100 1v1 missions), these two are DLC trophies. Total War (play 100 2v2 missions) was unlocked before them because I didn't had the DLC installed from the beginning. After installing the DLC I played a 2v2 game (which I'm almost sure that I lost) and at the end Unit of Action unlocked. After one more game, which I’m sure that I've won, Lonely at Top also unlocked. I think that this game checks the progress on the server and because I already had the required no. of missions for these DLC trophies, it simply unlocked them after fulfilling part of the unlock condition for each of them. I've seen similar bugs in several other games

I hope this info helps you somehow...