• 26-35 hours
    • 36-50 hours
    • 51-75 hours
    • 76-100 hours
    • 100+ hours

Unknown.JPG

Estimated Time to 100% Length: ????

• Visit the 100% Club for this game.
  • Visit the Collected Estimated Time Ratings thread.

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the Plat or 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the Plat or 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think doing it in under 10 is possible if you know what you're doing, but went with 11-15 since I think it took me a bit longer. There's a good bit of luck involved too with the challenges which can take you a few tries to get ones that are possible (but then as you try more and level up the animal you're using it gets easier anyway).

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The 36 to 50 hour range seems very realistic. It could be possible to do it in less time, but given that survival is very difficult, even following a road map, will still take you many hours to 'route' exactly what you are supposed to do.

Think of this game as training to speed run it, but the conditions you could run into could always change. You might just get really unlucky (always radiation, only running into enemies you can't kill easily, perishable foods, no good mates, the list goes on...) sometimes on top of having a high learning curve for survival.

• 2 months later...

I'm really not sure exactly how long it took me, though I think it was in the region of 30 hours. I think there would be a lot of variation in the amount of time it takes, due to player skill, the random elements survival throws at you, and the strategy a player uses to progress in survival mode (like sticking with the same animal thus improving it through generational breeding, or switching a lot).

• 3 years later...

I went with 16-20 hours. I spent a lot of time in Survival because I couldn't bring myself to just deliberately die after getting three archives, which was a good thing in the end because I wanted one of the dogs available after finishing story mode and I still needed points.

I did 100 years and all the challenges in two goes, so time can be saved if you do them together. I backed up my save when going for all the challenges which saved a lot of time as I died once or twice but didn't have to start from the very beginning.

• 3 years later...

I would say around 40 hours... officially clocked it at 6 days.

Survival (which is also permadeath mode) will surely require a lot of retries when doing all the Challenges for the Can-Do Creature trophy.  However backing-up from the :square:  'suspended game save' can help ease things up a bit. Quite a few trophies might require a separate playthrough on their own to make them less stressful to get.  The Chapters (story) and Survival (permadeath) are short game modes anyway and it is easy to just drop in and out after getting what we wanted.

Spoiler

This game eventually grew on me despite a strong dislike for it at the start.  I actually enjoyed it a lot more later on, so much so that it made it quite easy to forgive the final boss battle in Act 14 - it was cheap and everything seemed to be stacked against us to make us fail.  AI behaviour is so random that we end up relying on RNG to get a favourable outcome for each wave.  We just have to keep at it and hope for the best.

I had always wanted to play this game since getting it FREE on PS Plus (June 2017), staying so long in the backlog.  Just chuffed that I finally got to conquer this gem after all these years.

Edited by Naps
... I would still recommend this game to anyone wanting a bit of a Legacy vibe in gaming.