It is possible to survive for eternity

LordGremlin

I thought I should share this here. See, it's possible to legitimately survive for eternity. Well, for as long as you want to keep your PS3 on.

It's very simple. As a robot dog, a character that never changes generations, around 100 years mark go to the underground secret lab, find the spot with the disabled (story spoiler) robot dog and a pool of water and stay there forever. Health of robot dog, water pool recharge and hunger gauge drop are set in such a way that you can sit there forever. Tested myself.

Those top scores on leaderboards are all legit. Due to the spawn of hunger items on top of elevator it is possible to ever run to the nearest nest and save to continue later. You can legitimately hit 999999 score, if you don't mind doing this dumb stuff for days.

Now, in my opinion it's boring as hell. I'd prefer them letting you eat homo erectus and continue for as long as your skill allows.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you explain the process a little more. I got to the area but the timing between the dogs hunger going down and the water drop didn't work. I went up the elevator got the three gifts, but they never re-spawned. I guess I'm just missing something.

Is there a specific dog I should use? Besides the water, is there another food source I should be using?