Which animal for 100 years survival

CassyFU

I did it with the ERC-003 robot dog.

Did a lot of it just waiting around in the sewers only going above ground when food was a bit tight.

He takes a while to save up for, but its the only one ive managed to get anywhere the later years with.

Personally im really struggling doing all the challenges, this trophy is tougher than HTA on shadow of the colossus.

I made it 101 years with pigs. I played properly up to year 60, but then ran to the starting area, secured it and sat there for 9 years until the last pig was just about to die of hunger and toxic shock then chose mate. With the 5 new piglets I ran them down to the next area and secured it, got average female and waited 9-11 years at the nest, 9-11 years until final one, mate. Back up to the easy first area, secure, wait, mate. etc. With the pigs as all the food is gone totally by that time and everywhere is so dangerous, it's all you can do really. Those two areas are only guarded by solitary dinosaurs and tigers that you can sneak past although what killed me in the end was a velociraptor.

I too did it with the Black Panther, my successful 100 year run was my 25th Gen.

I almost did it on my All Challenges run, but then right after I made it to 98 years I died of old age.

Leveling up definitely helps, as far as I can tell the bonuses from mating are random but they build incredibly - I will attach a pic of my Panther's stats now with leveling.

I had a few bonuses in the mid teens on Hunger, Attack, & Life! Gotta mate with those Prime Females though.

Edited by Overtkill21

My first King of the Jungle survivor was a line of Silky Terriers. It broke my heart every time I had to see one die, but having a full pack of 6 each generation from a prime mating partner made a world of difference. They lived to 110 years before being cornered and starved out by those relentlessly brutal cavemen.

Leveling up definitely helps, as far as I can tell the bonuses from mating are random but they build incredibly - I will attach a pic of my Panther's stats now with leveling.

The leveling up isn't really random. They're determined by two factors: which bonuses you've obtained from finishing missions, and the quality of your mate.

The bonuses you've achieved are multiplied by 50% and made permanent if you find a prime mate. I think with average it's 25% and desperate it's only 10%, but fractions are always rounded up. Later challenges are worth a ton more points (sometimes 40 life!), so finding prime mates in the late game can really pay off.

However, if you're building stats, avoid using the bedroll item to mate, if at all possible. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or intentional, but I've had it happen twice where I didn't get my full point payout when I used a sleeping bag instead of a pile of hay.

However, if you're building stats, avoid using the bedroll item to mate, if at all possible. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or intentional, but I've had it happen twice where I didn't get my full point payout when I used a sleeping bag instead of a pile of hay.

I think that may be an intentional thing. Though rare to find (in my experience), having a bed roll does remove the problem of having to run around trying to avoid a ton of fights you'd rather not get into.

Maybe it's a risk vs reward type of thing - you don't take as much of a risk, you don't get the same style reward.

Atm, I'm getting very close to year 100 with my gazelle. I have a lot of HP stamina and attack, so i can usually get out of most situations without too much worry.

Best tips i can give though are to get the sewer paths open - they're a very handy escape, especially for a grazer

How do you get the paths open?

While your in the sewers, there is a single small path that diverts off from the main path. follow the side path down, and you should be able to move the grate that covers the entrance in Shibuya Station. It's a nice shortcut if you want to get back to either Shibuya Suburbs or Shibuya Woods if you don't want to go through the Shopping District or Dogenzaka

Word of warning - it's very easy to get screwed over by tougher enemies in the Sewers and underground zones, so beware. Also, don't dive under there without looking at how much food is available

I used the black panther too. My second favorite of the RL big cats BTW =^.^= I forget what generation I was on when I tried, but I lived 132 years. Females won't mate after a certain year. I starved to death ;(

LibertyGeis is correct. Rank up to boss and mate with a prime, if you can. The stat boost is definitely worth waiting for. All of my panther's stats except for hunger are close to maximum now ^^ I like this game =^.^=

Well, first time I've managed to get to 100 years as hippopotamus, but later my best run was as the stronger dinosaur, almost 150 years (147 or something like that, after 140 it got really insane). I've managed to mate several times after 100 year with him, but starved to death. This game really cheating by not allowing you to eat goddamn homo erectus!

IMO it's all about planning ahead. Constantly check the map for food and plan your every move ahead, to always move to a location where food is abundant and locations around it have food too.

Also, don't hesitate to wear all sorts of items, they help a lot. Especially tuxedo.

Edited by LordGremlin

Yeah, what is the deal with not being allowed to eat them? I can eat EVERYTHING else...

Super lame, I killed two of them because I was hungry & expecting to eat them - only to realize there was no EAT coming up. I had some Pet Food so ate that & hunted some dinos - stupid crest headed dino killed me...but I went down fighting.

Strange thing, I haven't really used much of the clothes - in fact didn't use any on my 100 years runs (except for the Pet Pack to carry 15 items) - I've been trying to get a complete set for that trophy...

Edited by Overtkill21

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did it with Porcupine (105) and Jackal (117) on first try each. For the Jackal I managed to complete all his challenges, the Tuxedo makes it really easy to survive aditional years; I could have survived more but only managed to rank up to Veteran and all the females wanted Boss in the two territories I managed to get from the swarm of Homo Erectus. The Porcupine, just played it safe and mate with prime or average to have enough lives, then stock food for the last bunch of years in the sewers (drinking toxic water then eating stuff to drop the toxicity a little, rinse and repeat).

• 2 months later...

I did it with the Black Panther too. During my "KotJ" run I managed to archive all Challanges and get the Toxedo, which helps me when I was near 100 years old.

After getting "KotJ" trophy, my Panther was living for 16 more years, and after that I screwed up and let some huge group of Homo Erectus to pursue me. And finally they managed to kill both of my predators. :(

• 2 months later...

I just managed to survive 109 years with chick/chicken.

This is the first part of the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khbi7RnWTcc]Tokyo Jungle: Survive over 100 years (Chick) Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

As a chick I had to be really careful with running around. After the big predators appeared at age 30 - ofc with the toxicity - the run became much more intresting. Some months ago I accepted a chellange to do this and it took a lot of tries.

Edited by Algee
Video embedding

• 3 months later...

I surprisingly (at least to me) got my 100 years with the Tosa dog (first generation). I started out unlocking about 15 veggie-eaters and the Tosa was only the 3rd meat-eater I played as.

Overall, I probably did anywhere from 40 to 60 runs previously, so the practice helped. A small amount of luck as well. The tosa is a pretty small carnivore in the game, and I was shocked when it actually took out a tiger in one bite, since I mostly avoided larger predators towards the end.

What a thrill it was.

Edited by AlcoholicJester

I used to always get to 65-80 average but then I did it with the robo dog and I was able to fully explore all the areas like the park and the sewers since my missions normally never took me past the eastern tracks. I was screwed over by a kill challenge at S rank since all the areas had nothing to kill.

After that I unlocked the Wolf and got 100 with him and all challenges and the same thing with the Lycoan after that. Those 2 were great and that was on the first attempt too. Funny thing is with the Wolf, I almost didnt make it at the end. I was in the late 80's and everything was polluted with nothing to kill/eat....and out of nowhere!!!! A Chicken Party at Shibuya Station. It was great. I managed to level up to boss, found an average mate and we camped out by the underground pipe...not quite underground and not above ground....didnt even need to let them die. I would just come up, kill 3 chickens and take one down with me.

When I unlocked the panther, I had a perfect run on my first try...I finished the A challenges and the S ones were easy too. I went to sleep so I could refresh my mates and the game got stuck on me during the black screen while my panther was snoring for about 10 minutes before I powered it off. I was mad.

Now I dont bother going past 80 anymore. Once I complete my S challenges, I find a Prime Mate, get my stat bonus and just roam around and let my new breed die off since I can no longer gain anymore stats since there are no more missions.

Edited by Son ALA

• 7 months later...

I'd recommend using one of the robot dogs you unlock for completing the story, if you want the easiest way possible. I had planned on doing this, but I wanted to unlock some more animals first. I was playing as the Porcupine trying to unlock the Chimp, and I actually survived 109 years as the Porcupine - didn't expect that at all. If you don't want to take the cheap way with the robot dogs, I'd recommend a grazer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I used the wolf. I was very happy when the trophy popped that I didn't notice some homo erectus on the map. In a single attack they killed all my brothers and when I tried to flee they killed me in Yoyogi Park, with 102 years.

• 1 year later...