Save Game?

antikewl

Is it possible to save the game somehow? "Quit" just abandons the game, it seems. There's an option to resume in the main menu but I have no idea how to save!

There is no true save. If you want to take a break you can save once you have a nest, but it disappears if you turn the game off. It really only serves as a temporary auto save.

To save, get to a nest after taking over an area and choose the option that does not result in sleeping/procreation, meaning the "Exit" option. This will save the game and let you continue from that point the next time you play (the game and PS3 can be turned off, but you can only load that save once; nothing stopping you from saving again after continuing though).

So if I quit at the nest and then reload and then later I die. Can I start from that nest again? I just got raped by the Tosa boss and it took ages to get that far. Any way to avoid having to do it all again?

You can make a copy of your save and then re-copy that over everytime. You'll have to exit to the XMB every time, though.

• 2 months later...
To save, get to a nest after taking over an area and choose the option that does not result in sleeping/procreation, meaning the "Exit" option. This will save the game and let you continue from that point the next time you play (the game and PS3 can be turned off, but you can only load that save once; nothing stopping you from saving again after continuing though).

Really? Because I saved like that then quit the game and when I restarted the Continue option wasn't available.

• 1 month later...
You can make a copy of your save and then re-copy that over everytime. You'll have to exit to the XMB every time, though.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this. I've now copied a game to a usb stick so I can have more than one chance at 100 years and complete all challenges. I swear sometimes this game just stacks absolutely everything against you. I had to kill 35 animals and it took more than 3 attempts to find 35 bloody animals let alone kill them!

Edited by kargorath

• 1 month later...