Tokyo Jungle ~ Trophy Guide & Roadmap

mcnichoj

Tokyo Jungle

Trophy Guide

By: mcnichoj

Overview:

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 5.5 (Trophy Difficulty Thread)

+ Offline: 12 (1 (G), 3 (S), 8 (B))

+ Online: 1 (1 (B))

+ Approximate time: 20 hours

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 story + multiple survival

+ Missable trophies: None

+ Glitched trophies: None

+ Cheats: None

+ DLC: Buying strong animals makes survival mode easier. The special free accessories also help a bit.

Roadmap:

Introduction:

Man is gone from this world and now the animals have taken over and it's your job to survive for generations to come. The game has a very intriguing story involving espionage, the rise and fall of a great hero and a giant monkey wearing a tutu, gas mask and a clawed gauntlet with plenty of other surprises that will be found via text documents recovered off data chips.

You will need your wits and skills if you want to survive, fight or flight, every animal for them self.

Welcome to Tokyo, it's a jungle out there.

Step 1:

Start up the game, learn to play and bam! Jungle Baby first thing unlocked.

Step 2:

Start up a Survival run and start to get a hang of the game as this mode is the main course of the game and regardless of what animal you pick you should still grab First Hunt and First Mate as your first two trophies. The only online related trophy World Debut should unlock once you die which I imagine will happen early on.

Step 3:

The Underdog, Master of Shibuya and Tokyo Jungle trophies are all for playing Story mode but can be done interchangeably with the next set of trophies in Step 4, however, you unlock two powerful animals from completing the Story. These animals have very high stats and don't require any food, just water.

You will need to alternate playing survival and story. You need to play survival, collect three chips around the map, die then you can play the new story mode chapter you unlocked.

If you get stuck in story, please check the videos in this thread: CLICKY

Step 4:

Furry Fashionista can be stacked with all the other trophies if you plan on surviving 100 years with the starting animal, the Pomeranian. While unlocking the "Pet" set you also do most of the criteria for Can-Do Creature and so you might want to get that also.

Pedigree will come from all of your Survival runs while Jungle Boy, Jungle Man and King of the Jungle will come through practice and improving your animals stats from accumulating generations. There is a nice little surprise waiting for you once you hit year 100, see how much longer you can survive.

Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/051.jpg Jungle Baby (B)

Complete the tutorial.

First thing you're forced to do. You have to select Survival even though this is the first story stage as story mode will be greyed out and will unlock both the Survival and story modes upon completion. This will become the first story mission labelled EX. This mission teaches you the controls and the basics on how to play. These are the five different steps the game will make you go through:

1. Stealth
  2. Hunting
  3. Combat
  4. Grazers
  5. Territory and Breeding

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/12C.jpg Underdog (B)

Complete "Shattered Pride".

This is for completing Act 5.

You play this act as a Tosas (type of dog) and your goal is to run. It's already bad enough this animal isn't that mobile but on top of that you have a chunk of your health gone.

Start by running down, then go right through the burnt building (great shortcut for survival play), run down, turn left, jump up on the second blue truck you see, get back down to the ground on the next blue truck, keep running straight and run up the ramp of construction beams and then just run straight to reach the end.

Keep dashing twice whenever you can (don't dash three times because this will deplete your stamina and make it take longer to fill back up). Don't worry about getting hit a couple times and feel free to jump if the beagles get right on top of you.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/7A0.jpg Master of Shibuya (B)

Complete "The Return of the Tosas".

This is for completing Act 12.

The Tosas along with the Hyena acts are pretty awful for being difficult/annoying.

At the start feel free to clear out the the Hyenas as you progress but once you get to the area where the Lions are, just ignore them (you should have a checkpoint here in case you die) and make your way up the building to the objective point. You'll have to fight a few Hyenas right before you make it to the alpha but they should be easy. Once you make it to the alpha he'll run away, chase him down to the next roof known as the Sky Garden and you'll have to fight two big Hyenas. They are a real pain, you'll have a checkpoint right before this fight in case you die.

Once those two are done continue down back to the road and you'll encounter the alpha again just for him to run away and have to fight a Sabre-Toothed Tiger. Go in for a hit and then play keep away. He'll do a little twirl and then jump into the air to pounce you, simply dash right as he's coming down from the sky and he'll be stunned long enough for you to get three-three hit combos. Rinse and repeat till dead. You have another checkpoint here just in case. Once that's over you continue on to fight the alpha. Keep running away 'till he gets tired out and go in and get a few hits in, rinse and repeat. Just like every other fight you have a checkpoint here.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/A8E.jpg Tokyo Jungle (S)

Complete STORY and view the true ending.

This is for completing the last one, Act 14.

When you are prompted, select No. Click the spoiler for details of the subsequent section following that bit:

[spoiler=Tokyo]You will then have to fight the other robot dog. Once he's defeated, a countdown timer will start and you'll have to escape. Make your way towards the objective marker by going towards the pipe/ventilation system and just run past all the enemies while picking up the healing items as you go. You'll eventually come to a door and be forced to clear out the area of enemies. Once they're all defeated go into the room where you will have to fight two Sabre-Toothed Tigers and then two Raptors. You shouldn't have to use any more than one healing item for these fights.

After that you will have to fight the final boss robot dog along with a bunch of smaller robot dogs. Avoid his dash attack that will U-turn once every time and get in a few attacks. He'll then start shooting out energy balls for his second phase. Fairly easy to dodge, it's okay to get hit a few times. Third phase he'll start shooting the balls and lasers out of his hands while his body twirls in a clockwork motion. Jump over the lasers as they pass and try to avoid the balls as being hit by one of those will make you get hit by the laser. Use healing items when you need to during this fight.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/E44.jpg First Hunt (B)

Defeat an animal in SURVIVAL.

This is very easy and should be the first trophy you get from this mode. Either hide and perform a "Clean Kill" one-hit kill move or just fight an animal until it dies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/E61.jpg First Mate (B)

Mate with a female in SURVIVAL.

Get your kcal (weight) up and mark the territories in the area so you can mate (hearts will appear on the map), get a mate partner and then bring them back to a resting area (indicated by a hay stack on the map).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/B01.jpg World Debut (B)

Enter the online rankings.

First time you lose survival you will get this. You need to be signed on to PSN to get this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/89B.jpg Furry Fashionista (B)

Wear a complete series of clothing.

Need to wear a full outfit on any animal, (I'm not sure if the schoolgirl outfit/socks count as it's only two items). The easiest set to complete would be the "Pet" set while playing as the Pomeranian. You will need to play as the Pomeranian once and complete the "EX" missions and then after that survival run you won't have to do those anymore.

The Pet Hat You will unlock randomly while the Pet Collar, Pet Shoes and Pet Clothes you unlock by completing the three challenges of the D, C and B tiers respectively. Once you unlock the last item simply equip them all and the trophy should pop as you equip the last item.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/A17.jpg Pedigree (B)

Survive for 10 generations in SURVIVAL.

Mate ten times, you should get this as you try to get the year related trophies. This is cumulative from all survival runs.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/395.jpg Jungle Boy (B)

Survive 30 years in SURVIVAL.

See King of the Jungle for more info.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/A95.jpg Can-Do Creature (S)

Finish all challenges in single playthrough.

You get all kinds of challenges, some are random, some are at fixed years. Each animal has their own set of challenges which change each survival run but for the most part they're "go to X place or do Y thing". This is best achieved with a powerful animal like one of animals towards the end of the character select.

Go to an area before that tiers challenges start and always check food levels when you have a food related challenge coming up. Don't take too long getting the challenges done as they will expire within ten years after they start and if you miss even one you won't get this trophy on that run.

Here's a map from GameFAQs (Credit to jetspikefever) that was edited from the Japanese wiki:

http://i.imgur.com/MuOzj.jpg

Where the dots are located should give you a good idea on the general area to look for them. The Shopping District though (lower right of the map) don't forget to check the rooftop area.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/E71.jpg Jungle Man (S)

Survive 45 years in SURVIVAL.

See King of the Jungle for more info.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1518/4D5.jpg King of the Jungle (G)

Survive 100 years in SURVIVAL.

Time in this game continues flowing regardless of what you do. Years are the equivalent to minutes. This trophy is doable with weaker animals as I managed to do it with the second deer type although to make it easy as possible I suggest you do this with a stronger animal.

Co-op (which is local only) can either help or hurt you. If your co-op partner is bad don't expect to get past twenty years but if they're as good as you are or better, than getting to year 100 might be easier than if you were to do it alone. Co-op makes things harder because you have to manage and take into account the two characters hunger meters. It's advised that you play with one herbivore (plant eater) and one carnivore (meat eater) and take note that the carnivore player will not be able to eat the same animal as the herbivore player. It's important to pick the two different types of animals because if you both pick the same then you'll have a hard time getting food for both players.

Tips:

• You can save at a mating hay stack and when you resume that save it will be deleted.
  • Mate every ten or so years.
  • Make sure to always have an exit strategy from an area and generally know the map layout very well.
  • Stall as much time as possible whenever you can. Drinking water and marking territories will pause all your status effects.
  • Be careful in smog (purple mist) covered areas.
  • Be careful around stronger enemies as you, as years go on "Clean Kills" strikes will not ensure one-hit KOs.
  • If you have multiple animals under your control (called a pack) right before your about to mate, wait for all but your last animal to die before you mate.
  • Once you hit the 70 or so year mark, dinosaurs will show up, they are very dangerous.

Super easy method:

Spoiler related to the characters you unlock at the end of the Story Mode.

[spoiler=dogs]Using either of the two unlockable robot dogs or the purchasable DLC one just go to Yoyogi Underground and go back and forth between the top two water sources. Your hunger will never go down and you don't have to worry about dying from ageing. This strategy is the best option which takes the least amount of effort and causes the least amount of aggravation, I will leave all the above tips there to assist with all the other Survival related trophies.

Credit to luxxx for the Super easy method.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

I'm guessing that you unlock the stronger animals by progressing further with whatever animal you start with (I'm using the DLC Pomeranian)? Nice guide thus far. Still a little confused about locations and where I'm supposed to go, but I guess I'll figure that out as I do more exploring. Fun little game thus far. The challenges seem to be different for each animal. I've had a different set of challenges for the DLC Pom vs the normal one unless I unlocked the earlier ones in my first playthrough before I got mauled by Beagles.

EDIT: Also, I'm guessing the Co Op is local or is online as well? I haven't tried it yet.

Edited by Francofone

you unlock each animal by doing 3 or 4 challenges with the one you start survival with and then it appears as a challenge (whether to claim its area or just attack it)

you can check the requirements to "activate" the challenge straight from the start by going to the challenges list; its the one just above the finish all

challenges (red) icon and its gold

I think you need to be more descriptive with the clothing trophy, since it's not just "put on clothes = trophy" you should probably include that a few specific challenges must be completed in order to unlock the hat, top, backpack, shoes, etc., then you have to buy it with earned credits. Definitely not trying to be a smart ass, but helping be specific! :cool:

I think you need to be more descriptive with the clothing trophy, since it's not just "put on clothes = trophy" you should probably include that a few specific challenges must be completed in order to unlock the hat, top, backpack, shoes, etc., then you have to buy it with earned credits. Definitely not trying to be a smart ass, but helping be specific! :cool:
You need a full set of clothes, can be any set.

My kanji is awful so I never bothered with this in the Japanese version but now with the English version I'll post the most easiest set to unlock.

I'll expand on this, Can-Do and surviving in survival mode although if you're having a lot of trouble with survival and cant get a grasp of the gameplay then sadly you may not be able to complete this game.

All of my useful hints/tips:

Locations:

Post office is in Downtown Shibuya at the bottom right corner

Samsoyed Enterprises is in the suburbs on the bottom street near the 3rd manhole's cross street.

Merchantarium is in Dogenzaka near the little bridge that you have to cross on the log.

Sunken Car is at the very western part of Yamanote Line East. It's a blue car.

Bu Jin is Dogenzaka. It is the square building at the beginning if you're coming from the Station.

Eins Mode is in the suburbs on the street with the three manholes. It's straight above the bottom left territory flag.

ParKings is in the Shibuya woods to the west of the Dogenzaga entrance. It's basically a parking lot.

Club Vision is in the Shibuya woods (it just looks like a sign) near the North eastern territory flag.

General tips

If you're a carnivore and are one of the higher breeds I suggest just quitting at the start of each playthrough til you find objectives that are more to your liking.

I found the location ones were easy if you had a reference point or knew where they were. The Marking ones and multiple generation ones probably take the most amount of time so it's vital that you use the sewer and open up the area by Shibuya station.

Also, since you'll be able to look at all of your challenges I suggest trying to find a playthrough that focuses mostly on the southern portion (Suburbs, District, Station, and Dogenzaka) since it will be easier to travel in that area.

Calorie intake can also be tricky because areas that have a higher concentration of food, this is a few years into survival of course, also tend to have the more difficult animals to deal with: dinos, crocs, lions, tigers, and bears...oh my.

If you have to mate twice and you're not old yet grab a mate and just wait for the challenge to appear and mate immediately giving you ample time to get the second generation in before the challenge expires.

Edited by Francofone

The Pedigree trophy is not cumulative, meaning you don't have to mate 10 times in one playthrough. Just thought I'd let some know.
Thanks, never realised that.

Strangely a very addicting game, im lovin it. Anyone know if there is a cap to animal stats or cap to generations we can evolve to etc? I'd like to max out a few animals if its possible, thanks.
I'm guessing you max out at something crazy like 999 generations, stats don't save from each different survival run though so unless you're gunning to be tied with everyone else at the top of the leaderboard you have no reason to aim to mate that many times.

Thanks, never realised that.

I'm guessing you max out at something crazy like 999 generations, stats don't save from each different survival run though so unless you're gunning to be tied with everyone else at the top of the leaderboard you have no reason to aim to mate that many times.

I believe they do because if you look at the base stats and you've played a few generations the stats go up a certain % indicated by it being red.

I believe they do because if you look at the base stats and you've played a few generations the stats go up a certain % indicated by it being red.
Never noticed the stats thing or the fact that consecutive runs never seemed to get easier.

Guess I'll take note when I boot it up tomorrow.

Can anybody explain the exact requirements for Furry Fashionista? It's not unlocking for me so not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to keep spending SP points if I'm not even doing it correctly.

You need all of the same set. For example The Noh Mask, The Noh Robe, Noh Shoes (if I'm remembering correctly).

It should tell you in the item description that wearing the whole set of (x) will give you an additional bonus.

Hope that helps.

You just have to keep playing the game til you unlock a full set of something. I did it with the "Pet" clothes. You unlock clothes by doing challenges and by killing animals that leave the gift boxes.

ok i understand. i have 2 pieces of 'pet set' and 2 of 'schoolgirl set' or something. I assume that i have to wear 4 pieces right?